IGNORED

Playoffs

Super

That was a let down from Sunderland. Luton everything you expect, but Sunderland trying to run with the ball every single time and every player was madness come the end. Even when they got in good positions wide the lad ran at the defender when in a good position. 

That break by Luton, managed to turn a certain goal and a winning one, into another nervy few minutes. I bet the manager has a word. 

I don't think M'boro or Cov will be too worried.

• Like 1

Lockyer "we had to mix it up against them, be horrible and dirty and that's how we got the job done"

Horrible horrible club. Good luck with VAR ?

Just now, stephenkibby. said:

Luton over powered and out played Sunderland. 

Fair play. i can see a lot on here hate em but i hope they win the final.

Probably because of the stuff they wrote about us in their programme.

• Confused 1

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Lockyer "we had to mix it up against them, be horrible and dirty and that's how we got the job done"

Why will VAR bother them? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Probably because of the stuff they wrote about us in their programme.

Nasty, didn't realise that.

Gona hate them forever now.

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Their own player said "we had to mix it up against them, be horrible and dirty and that's how we got the job done"

Yep they did that and bullied them. Have no idea what point you are trying to make.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Super said:

Why will VAR bother them? 

They commit about 3 fouls at every set piece, Lockyer in particular is always pulling opposition players to the ground off the ball, they illegally block the keeper off.

They win but boy is it ugly, not averse to a dive either, Morris won a penalty with a shocking one against Boro & the other lad up front dived twice tonight.

If they did go up good luck with trying that stuff against Liverpool or Man City with VAR.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

They commit about 3 fouls at every set piece, Lockyer in particular is always pulling opposition players to the ground off the ball, they illegally block the keeper off.

They win but boy is it ugly, not averse to a dive either, Morris won a penalty with a shocking one against Boro & the other lad up front dived twice tonight.

If they did go up good luck with trying that stuff against Liverpool or Man City with VAR.

The style isn't that bad. They don't lump it from inside their half they work it wide the cross the ball. The set piece delivery is sensational. I've seen a lot worse than them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Super said:

The style isn't that bad. They don't lump it from inside their half they work it wide the cross the ball. The set piece delivery is sensational. I've seen a lot worse than them.

Agree, think they’re a decent watch, hardly the Crazy Gang in their pomp. Not sure VAR in the final is an obvious problem for them either, they’re allowed to adapt to circumstances. 

1 hour ago, Super said:

They do launch it…they then pick up bits and pieces and play from there into wide areas.  That is their predominant style.  They play fast, they press fast.  They have some quality too, but they are the most direct side in the Championship this season.  They do it well.  They pin you to your own penalty area, they make it difficult for you to get out.  The smaller pitch enabled that.  I know you might laugh, but it’s why LJ narrowed the pitch by 1yd on each side to help the press.

They are very similar to how Cardiff played in (what was it?) 17/18.

• Like 1

Seems like a lot of people aren’t big fans of Lockyer. I can only assume it’s because of who he has played for in the past….

Personally I think he has everything we need in terms of attitude and application. Not the biggest but doesn’t get bullied and does the dirty side of things well. We complain all the time that we are too nice of a team. Need more about us when it comes to the not so nice to be watch side of the game if we are to challenge at any point.

For Lockyer in particular, the be on the verge of the premier league now having spent most his career in the lower leagues is quite an achievement for him personally.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

They do launch it…they then pick up bits and pieces and play from there into wide areas.  That is their predominant style.  They play fast, they press fast.  They have some quality too, but they are the most direct side in the Championship this season.  They do it well.  They pin you to your own penalty area, they make it difficult for you to get out.  The smaller pitch enabled that.  I know you might laugh, but it’s why LJ narrowed the pitch by 1yd on each side to help the press.

They are very similar to how Cardiff played in (what was it?) 17/18.

They were very direct, it works for them though so can’t knock it. They are a team i wonder how well will do again next season should they not go up. Especially if they lose a player or 2

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Seems like a lot of people aren’t big fans of Lockyer. I can only assume it’s because of who he has played for in the past….

Personally I think he has everything we need in terms of attitude and application. Not the biggest but doesn’t get bullied and does the dirty side of things well. We complain all the time that we are too nice of a team. Need more about us when it comes to the not so nice to be watch side of the game if we are to challenge at any point.

For Lockyer in particular, the be on the verge of the premier league now having spent most his career in the lower leagues is quite an achievement for him personally.

Partly that, but he’s a cheat too…a guy a feigns head injuries, does sly stuff off the ball, goes over the top of the ball, then plays the victim.  I think there’s a difference between streetwise and cheating, I think Lockyer is on the cheating side of the fence.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1