IGNORED

Playoffs

Super

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

No Robbie cundy in the Barnsley squad tonight 

1 hour ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Only played around 100 mins since Jan 14th. Don't know why.

I’m only guessing, but, unless he has been injured, is it possible that he has just simply been replaced by Rovers’ ex-loanee from Burnley, Bobby Thomas?

24 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I’m only guessing, but, unless he has been injured, is it possible that he has just simply been replaced by Rovers’ ex-loanee from Burnley, Bobby Thomas?

Nope, dropped out of contention.

Not good enough, last game he played they conceded 4 v MK Dons.

Edited by GrahamC

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Nope, dropped out of contention.

Not good enough, last game he played they conceded 4 v MK Dons.

Of Course, since early January, when Thomas arrived.

You may be right (about not being good enough), I have no idea, but a lot of people said the same thing about Zac Vyner, and he was certainly in our defence in matches we conceded quite a few goals - he was even responsible for quite a few of them.

Accordingly, ZV was out of contention for quite some time, but he has persevered, come back stronger and is now player of the year - and Well Done to him I say.

I was merely surmising as to whether the reason Cundy has not been playing recently is due to the arrival of a better player on loan (BT) or whether he is just not good enough.

You suggest the latter, so, if you are correct, it would seem City were quite correct to let him go.

9 hours ago, Mihai said:

What do you think about the "crappy final" Luton vs Coventry ? Wasn't Coventry booked for relegation this season  ? Incredible...

I'll tell you what did make me laugh, the small element of our fan base that can't hide their disdain for Pearson and were desperately trying to use the stick "we drew 0-0 at home to the bottom team in the division" after we played Coventry.....................only bottom, mind, because they had to play their first eight games or whatever it was away from home. Coventry have a number of good players and a decent Manager, anyone who had them "booked for relegation" this season was way off beam, miles off.

Whether it's a "crappy final" or not it's the final, end of story, and both teams deserve to be there over the so called bigger clubs (albeit Coventry are hardly a tinpot outfit in terms of stature) who they beat fair and square and who ultimately couldn't deal with the pressure. Sob stories because you have 76 million fans like Sunderland simply don't cut it in professional football. I would imagine many people outside of our little bubble imagined Bristol City v Hull City to be a bit of a "crappy" final.

• Like 5
  • Flames 6

There are going to be a lot of packed trains from South Yorkshire to London on League 1 playoff day and I bet you can`t get a coach for love nor money up there now. I always think it`s `fitting` somehow when the sides that finished third and fourth end up in the final - both were well ahead of fifth and sixth come the finish.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

There are going to be a lot of packed trains from South Yorkshire to London on League 1 playoff day and I bet you can`t get a coach for love nor money up there now. 

As they are only 16 miles apart, the fans could be "green" and share coaches. Those travelling by train from Barnsley must change at Sheffield for London trains.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Super said:

Ffs we will have Barnsley Tyke back on here if they go up!

A small pain in the overall bigger picture of seeing a well-run club succeed.

I really didn’t say Wednesday, Bolton or Derby to come back up after recent financial misdemeanours…kinda would’ve shown the penalties were harsh enough.