IGNORED

Playoffs

Super

6 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

I know his name has been mentioned on here before, but the lad Moxon for Carlisle has had a very good game.

Harry likes him.  I’ve not seen loads of him, but he’s a good player, he was basically playing Scottish 4th Tier (part-time) last season, so has done really well.

Harry was chatting to a Carlisle fan, who said Callum Guy has been their best player, gets everywhere.  I think we’ve seen that in these two games…and a fine volley too.

I like Jack Armer.

Dont think either Moxon are Armer should be City signings, but they have scope to play higher.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Harry likes him.  I’ve not seen loads of him, but he’s a good player, he was basically playing Scottish 4th Tier (part-time) last season, so has done really well.

Harry was chatting to a Carlisle fan, who said Callum Guy has been their best player, gets everywhere.  I think we’ve seen that in these two games…and a fine volley too.

I like Jack Armer.

Dont think either Moxon are Armer should be City signings, but they have scope to play higher.

Top analysis as always sir, whilst not suggesting we should sign him, I just get that feeling that someone - possibly City, will regret not taking a punt on him.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

All over Paul Simpsons Carlisle are in the final 

@CodeRed I’m extremely pleased for them - small town club and you can tell it means everything to their supporters. Had a soft spot for them since Cardiff in ‘03 when we won the LDV - found them to be a cracking bunch.

Another terrific advert for the playoffs in particular and the EFL in general. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

All over Paul Simpsons Carlisle are in the final 

Great news on two fronts;

Simpson seemed a nice bloke & if they win the final that’s a really horrible journey for the blue few.

40 minutes ago, phantom said:

Sheffield Wednesday fans have been given a large proportion of the upper tier after the FA concluded that Barnsley would not be able to sell their full allocation.

20230527_063743.jpg

I saw that. Barnsley aren't happy They didn't sell out their allocation so Wednesday were given an extra 6000.  Wednesday have now sold these giving them around 44,000 fans there 

I always wanted Wednesday promoted rather than Barnsley, but a bit of me would like to support the underdog, at least for a while, and see Sheffield Weds silenced.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

I saw that. Barnsley aren't happy They didn't sell out their allocation so Wednesday were given an extra 6000.  Wednesday have now sold these giving them around 44,000 fans there 

I always wanted Wednesday promoted rather than Barnsley, but a bit of me would like to support the underdog, at least for a while, and see Sheffield Weds silenced.

You would be proud if you are a Wednesday fan. 44k is a great number and shows what a club have to the history and stature of the club goes along way. Not sure if we have got to the high number of 44K anywhere.

Barnsley have a lot of respect also in all football fraternities, but your post indicates that a great big club with history have a sleeping giant of supporters that pop out at a drop of a hat when potential success is not far away.

14 minutes ago, City oz said:

You would be proud if you are a Wednesday fan. 44k is a great number and shows what a club have to the history and stature of the club goes along way. Not sure if we have got to the high number of 44K anywhere.

Barnsley have a lot of respect also in all football fraternities, but your post indicates that a great big club with history have a sleeping giant of supporters that pop out at a drop of a hat when potential success is not far away.

We have no history and no stature and took about that to the JPT. Might have been 42k but it was what we were given.

Good from Wednesday though, poor from Barnsley

7 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

We have no history and no stature and took about that to the JPT. Might have been 42k but it was what we were given.

Good from Wednesday though, poor from Barnsley

JPT ?  have I missed something maybe. On history and forgive me if I'm not correct we have never had 40K plus at a play off or any other Wembley event.

41 minutes ago, RedM said:

Only 44,000? Pah! Not as many as the Gas took*.?

*May vary depending on how many they are claiming this week.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, City oz said:

JPT ?  have I missed something maybe. On history and forgive me if I'm not correct we have never had 40K plus at a play off or any other Wembley event.

I thought we did? 

Officially we have had over 43000 at Ashton Gate in the cup against Bolton just after the war. My dad always claimed that the following game had even more fans as many pushed the gates open and got in for free, people were sat on the roofs of the stands. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Sheffield Wednesday fans have been given a large proportion of the upper tier after the FA concluded that Barnsley would not be able to sell their full allocation.

20230527_063743.jpg

Barnsley fans ,like those of Peterborough and Rotherham ,are probably bored with it all, they are up and down like a tart’s drawers. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I thought we did? 

Officially we have had over 43000 at Ashton Gate in the cup against Bolton just after the war. My dad always claimed that the following game had even more fans as many pushed the gates open and got in for free, people were sat on the roofs of the stands. :)

Hi Port, just looking at the city history 1938-39 highest attendance was against the gas at 15,400, Then our history book by Woods and Crabtree has a mention of season 46/47 and the highest attendances were approximately 25K against Wrexkam and our highest again against the gas, 

Have looked at season 47/48/49 and the highest is against Notts County at 29K.

Even season 76/77 at Coventry for us to stay up there were around 9K of us out of a total attendance of 36K I can't see anywhere we have had 40K plus.

Whit to next season though as you lucky ones will be at wembley for the play offs and witness some home history.

Really mixed feelings towards todays Championship final . Both sets of fans have been through a mincer in recent years and I’ll be happy for either ! Can’t help but feel totally perplexed however at how these two have got where they have without a pot to p@@s in yet we’ve never got there ! Surely by the law of averages we’ll get there one day ? Will be one of only 4 Championship clubs next season never to have played in the Prem ! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Barnsley fans ,like those of Peterborough and Rotherham ,are probably bored with it all, they are up and down like a tart’s drawers. 

At least they got a club that gives some promise and have made the  play offs.

Play offs brings revenue to any club and supporters morale and also player's benefit. 

With Tarts drawers I hope we are on the up like a big, massive stalagmite next season as you know stalagmites go up and stalag tights go down. 

Looking forward to next season and COYRedsssssssssssssss. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, City oz said:

Hi Port, just looking at the city history 1938-39 highest attendance was against the gas at 15,400, Then our history book by Woods and Crabtree has a mention of season 46/47 and the highest attendances were approximately 25K against Wrexkam and our highest again against the gas, 

Have looked at season 47/48/49 and the highest is against Notts County at 29K.

Even season 76/77 at Coventry for us to stay up there were around 9K of us out of a total attendance of 36K I can't see anywhere we have had 40K plus.

Whit to next season though as you lucky ones will be at wembley for the play offs and witness some home history.

It was Preston pre war the official figure, I'll see if I can find the game my dad talked about.

IMG_20230527_085228.thumb.jpg.188042e3c2b326924c981baa062304e3.jpg

I think the final figure I was thinking of was at the Millennium against Carlisle rather than Wembley?

• Robin 1

17 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

My mother's version was "You'm up and down like a 'ores drawers."

Which has a pleasing rhyme to it and will be the title of my next poetry anthology.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It was Preston pre war the official figure, I'll see if I can find the game my dad talked about.

IMG_20230527_085228.thumb.jpg.188042e3c2b326924c981baa062304e3.jpg

I think the final figure I was thinking of was at the Millennium against Carlisle rather than Wembley?

Great history and I love it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I thought we did? 

You have the right county but it was Blackpool and not Bolton. 42,594 in FA Cup Round 4. 1958.

Blackpool were First Division with a host of internationals including the world famous Stanley Matthews. It was his only match at Ashton Gate in a career that lasted until just after his 50th birthday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, southside said:

43k Wembley 2015

I remember the first freight rover trophy finals which was my first visit to Wembley. I remember attending to two of them. Great years and great memories. I also remember thinking how we could fill an end of support in such a big stadium. We bloody well did it.

24 minutes ago, southside said:

43k Wembley 2015

• Like 1

Seeing a lot of chat like this about what Coventry and Luton fans have endured. It’s true, but I can remember both of these teams playing in the top division in my lifetime (I turned 40 last week). Whereas City have done nothing but float between the second and third tier in my four decades.

I think I’d rather have had the rollercoaster ride up and down the divisions than our years of nothingness. To my mind, that’s worse.

3 hours ago, RedM said:

I want Coventry and Barnsley to go up, but suspect it will be the other two that actually do.  Carlisle in the other one too.

• Like 2