IGNORED

Playoffs

Super

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Absolutely. I kind of did the same to my sister. Did actually attend the church bit, only cos it was 10.30 and in Bemmy, but I skipped the photos, reception and everything to be at City V Gas, it had to be done!

Hopefully all has been forgiven now? Or are you still upset with her for organising her wedding on Derby day?

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Correct. Wembley is 115yd x 74yd whereas Ashton Gate is 115yd x 75yd (a yard wider).. 

However, 115yd x 74yd is the UEFA recommended size and is the dimension played on by most of the big clubs across Europe  including Barcelona, Dortmund, Man City, Arsenal to name a few. 

Back in the 80s I had a book that listed all of the grounds in the country and gave capacity, record attendances etc. It also listed pitch size, and at the time Ashton Gate was the biggest pitch in England.

4 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

Back in the 80s I had a book that listed all of the grounds in the country and gave capacity, record attendances etc. It also listed pitch size, and at the time Ashton Gate was the biggest pitch in England.

I think some clubs have altered their dimensions. I know at one time Swindles County Ground was a yard wider than ours, and I have a feeling that the Etihad was once the biggest pitch in England. I know that Wigan had to enlarge theirs after they won the FA Cup as it didn't meet UEFA standards for playing in European competition. 

14 minutes ago, petehinton said:

It’s massive compared to Luton’s!

Yep. Luton is 110yds x 72 yds.

But Luton had the 2nd best away record in the division, better than their home record, so I don't think the pitch size will make a difference.

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Or maybe an example of how players can improve ?

Dunno mate, struggle to see how a 33 year old and 36 year old lower league player for most of their career can improve that much…..i mean Forest signed like 20 players and stayed in the prem which says a lot, the bottom half of the top tier and this division are incredibly weak.

2 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Hopefully all has been forgiven now? Or are you still upset with her for organising her wedding on Derby day?

I told her straight from the start, as soon as the fixtures were released, eg June for her September wedding. She had no choice?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Dunno mate, struggle to see how a 33 year old and 36 year old lower league player for most of their career can improve that much…..i mean Forest signed like 20 players and stayed in the prem which says a lot, the bottom half of the top tier and this division are incredibly weak.

I'm not saying they improved in the last year or so :laughcont:

I'm saying that over the years they have got better with experience.

I also think that the gap between the lower EPL and the Championship has narrowed over the years mainly due to the parachute monies. If anything, the Championship has generally got stronger imo.

• Like 2