IGNORED

Playoffs

Super

19 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Their away form this season was slightly better than their home form. At home Luton only managed one more point than City 

Thinking more about Prem Teams used to expansive changing rooms, big pitches going to a small compact partisan ground, playing against a group of players who will very much be in their faces. This is why I think the home factor may well keep them up.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, shelts said:

Congratulations to Luton . Hope they enjoy the Prem. It’s what all championship clubs strive for and they’re gonna make a few quid . Hope they look after their fans and don’t do a Fulham with sky high prices . 

You are correct but is the prem all it lives up to be,you can kiss goodbye to Saturday 3pm games for much of the season and we don’t travel that well now(obviously the glory hunters will be out in force if we get there for a season)

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You are correct but is the prem all it lives up to be,you can kiss goodbye to Saturday 3pm games for much of the season and we don’t travel that well now(obviously the glory hunters will be out in force if we get there for a season)

Sell outs 

21 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

You always chat shit when you hide behind a keyboard. Ok pearson hsas done a better job than both of them.

Well none of that makes sense does it .  What I wrote wasn’t shit was it . It’s context . Every job is incomparable because of the state of any club and there are a multitude of reasons for it . By the way . You’re  also behind a keyboard , but have certainly beat me hands down in chatting shite ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Luton v Bournemouth is a Premier League match up next season. 

Can’t help but feel a little sick with that…

Its ******* shit is what it is, but so was Wigan v Blackpool back in 2011……& in all them years we still haven’t pushed on! Fingers crossed Pearson can change that.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, OneCity said:

It's also another team that made it back to the top flight before us. (for us 43 years and counting)

How many still-existing former top flight teams have a longer hiatus than us?

Can think of Orient (I think), Carlisle, a few knocking around in the lower leagues, but there can't be many with our stature.

It was over 60 years until 76. I think we held the record then too!

13 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

It was over 60 years until 76. I think we held the record then too!

It was 65 years- just consulted my Evening Post special edition ( stored under my bed these last 47 years) and the headline in the yellowed supplement is ‘65 Years of Ups and Downs’. Well done Luton. Can’t begin to begrudge graft, belief and hope against the odds.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, DaveF said:

We have a lot of bitter fans...

You are probably right. Don't know if I'm bitter but I'm not full of joy that a smaller club than ours has worked it's way up from non league and made it to the prem past us who for the same period of time has pretty much pissed money up the wall and got ourselves into a financial mess.

I don't think I'd be particularly pleased for any team winning the play offs, but I do class myself as a miserable git 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaveF said:

We have a lot of bitter fans...

Can’t see much bitterness here at all, in fact i think the vast majority think fair ******* play, more so a lot of people (& rightly so) thinking if they can do it with their infrastructure then why are we always so far behind these clubs?

7 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Definitely think a few on here get a kick out of stuff like this happening, another stick for them to beat the club they profess to support with.

In what way?

49 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Thinking more about Prem Teams used to expansive changing rooms, big pitches going to a small compact partisan ground, playing against a group of players who will very much be in their faces. This is why I think the home factor may well keep them up.

Worked for Wimbledon for a few years.

I can't help myself.... I am quite angry to see Luton in Premier League. I hoped that Boro will make it. This is rubbish, they couldn't even keep Naismith with a decent contract but they managed to get 80 points. Ok, good for them but I am jealous, yes I AM. I can't think otherwise... Sorry if I am selfish but I am not happy for them at all.

• Like 1