IGNORED

Playoffs

Super

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

You could argue that he has put the infrastructure in place first whereas Luton Town will not be in a position to fully benefit financially.

We are certainly ready to extract from supporters and local businesses as much money as we could possibly hope to, should we ever be hosting Pep, Klopp, Harry Kane and all. We can definitely applaud Steve for that.

Well done Carlisle. Simpson went for it with the attacking substitutions and it paid off.

Two penalty shoot outs so far and the wining team has delivered perfect penalty conversion of 6 (Luton) and 5 (Carlisle) respectively. 

I wonder why dodgy Risdale was at the game? 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Added content

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

Didn't he join the board in '96 when Luton finished 2 places above us in the division 1 playoffs, having only dropped out of the top division a few years before? In the ten years before that they'd won the league cup and got to the final and spent most of it on the top division. What head start did we have on them exactly...?

I'm not sure then dropping to the bottom division and coming back up is a feat of remarkable ownership/stewardship, you could look at it both ways.

Lansdown has wasted a fortune just for moving our home up a single division in twenty years or so but I don't think some of these are great comparisons. Personally I think luck and momentum are hugely undervalued - were we well run in 2008?

Reckon we will be "lucky" when we do, and get, enough other stuff right first. We must do our bit first. Make our own luck, if you will. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Paul Simpson has done a fantastic job taking over from the frankly poor Keith Millen.

Congratulations to him. 

Keith Curle, Clive Middlemass and of course our very own Nige make up 5 Carlisle managers with City connections.

• Like 3