IGNORED

Playoffs

Super

6 minutes ago, Searles said:

Don’t think Windass is a big fan of his dad based on this interview ??

I turned over at full time to avoid hearing us being called "Bristol" and mentions of Dean "gAss Legend" Windass. 
A mate just Whatsapped this , I see what you mean.

"Interviewer chatting to Josh Windass : what do you think your dad will say about that goal? Josh : he’s probably 6 Jàger bombs deep, so he won’t be saying a lot "

12 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Lucky *******

That's one relegation place sown up though barring a big summer from them. 

Having supported both teams all my life, know who my money would be on to go up, Big Clue: They dont play at AG !!!

• Hmmm 1

Just now, 1960maaan said:

I turned over at full time to avoid hearing us being called "Bristol" and mentions of Dean "gAss Legend" Windass. 

"Interviewer chatting to Josh Windass : what do you think your dad will say about that goal? Josh : he’s probably 6 Jàger bombs deep, so he won’t be saying a lot "

We were called Bristol, I told my wife Bristol is a rugby team.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

They didn't talk for years did they, and he confirmed why with his comment.

My prediction, Bristol City v Wednesday playoff final next May. With all the Windass love in, it has to be

Give Basso a 4-week deal so he can save the penalty that puts us in the Prem.

• Haha 1

Massive congrats @Owl Visiting

Can anyone remember Barnsley Tyke and his infamous rant? I can’t quite recall what it was about. But didn’t we dick them 5-3 not so long after?

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

He never said that did he?

• Thanks 1

120+3 mins

GOAL: Barnsley 0-1 Sheff Wed

Josh Windass

Josh Windass writes himself into Sheffield Wednesday legend!

He comes up with a diving header and what is surely the winner deep into extra time.

We were seconds from going to a penalty shootout.

1 minute ago, Percy Pig said:

Yep. 

I've not been at all impressed with Wednesday across the playoffs but one thing they do have is that bit of bottle. You don't win the games they've won in the way they've won them without a really solid mental attitude.

I don't think that can carry you too far in the Championship though. Other than Smith and the keeper I don't see anyone of clear championship ability in that squad. 

Baz bannan?...... 

12 minutes ago, Searles said:

Can see them going back down. 

Not sure they will IMO. A lot of experience in that side and no doubt they will add at least 3 or 4 decent players. The standout for me in Sheff Weds 3 playoff games is that they lacked pace so maybe thats an area they will improve! 

So I wanted Cov and Barnsley to win, but thought Luton and Wednesday would.

I didn’t see the first 119 mins…fast forwarded through, joining live action just before the winner.

I did see the red, thought it was a red too.  Others I’m sure will disagree.

Just sat and listened to Darren Moore’s post-match interview with Sky.  What a level headed guy.  Congrats to him.  Not too low when they lost, not too high when they won. Fair play.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TomF said:

Be a pub quiz question in future years - during the 2022/23 play off campaign how long did Sheffield Wednesday lead in the three games they were involved in.. 

Depends if you consider the fact Michael Smith scored after 10 minutes in the home leg to make it 1-0, and they won 5-1.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

******* Windass

OK; own up. How many of you A. stared at the TV open mouthed, B. swore vehemently, C. threw something at the TV or D. threw the tv out the window?

A for me.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Oh FFS Sky, you just ******* had to show it didn`t you? Fifteen years of therapy down the drain!

Interviewing the git now too.

I suppose such a headline was inevitable.

Like father, like son! Josh Windass' repeats his dad Dean's Wembley play-off final heroics as his 123rd-minute diving header seals promotion to the Championship for Sheffield Wednesday after 1-0 win over 10-man Barnsley