IGNORED

Cole Skuse - Manager Bury Town

RedRoss

Always remember a particularly miserable defeat at Blackburn in the cup, towards the end of McInnes' time in charge. City were truly awful and at full time, the travelling fans let the players have it "you're not fit to wear the shirt" etc, most of them and the manager either sloped off down the tunnel or sort of half heartedly acknowledged the away end from afar, but Skuse took it up on himself to come over to placate and apologise. He spoke to a group of fans at length which ended with handshakes all round and him getting a round of applause as he left.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

27 minutes ago, One Team said:

Skuse was one of those players who lots of people seemed to rate, but I never saw what they did. I guess everyone has one of those!

I will say though I know from personal experience what a fantastic man he is and he was a superb ambassador for the club. 

I always liked him, I would imagine he would be as calming an influence as Manager as he was as a player. I remember playing Ipswich a few years back when McCarthy was still Manager, we were 2-0 up with about 5 minutes to go when Skuse strode forward past a couple of players and played a nice ball out to the wing, no rush, fuss or bother. I said to my daughter who was with me that with Cole you wouldn't know whether you were 2 up or 2 down, he just played his game. 

I think McCarthy said "he's always 7/10 and you need players like that".

I will be adding Bury Town to my watch list, it will be interesting who he signs and who he gets as assistant to begin with.

• Like 3

Best of luck to him. I always liked Skuse. He was my daughter’s favourite player too. 

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Always remember a particularly miserable defeat at Blackburn in the cup, towards the end of McInnes' time in charge. City were truly awful and at full time, the travelling fans let the players have it "you're not fit to wear the shirt" etc, most of them and the manager either sloped off down the tunnel or sort of half heartedly acknowledged the away end from afar, but Skuse took it up on himself to come over to placate and apologise. He spoke to a group of fans at length which ended with handshakes all round and him getting a round of applause as he left.

I remember that. The only positive in a miserable day. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Bury in Greater Manc or Bury St Edmunds which is where The Bury Town play?

7 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Shit! 

How do you know they are when you've not even seen them play? :)