IGNORED

Cole Skuse - Manager Bury Town

RedRoss

2 hours ago, Bris Red said:

Fair play to him, as others have said doing it the right way starting down the football pyramid.

Was always a class act for us i thought, he was always quite underrated by our fanbase at times i feel though.

Twas ever thus. Skuse, Cisse and now Matty James. All vastly underappreciated.

On 12/05/2023 at 12:38, Northern Red said:

Always remember a particularly miserable defeat at Blackburn in the cup, towards the end of McInnes' time in charge. City were truly awful and at full time, the travelling fans let the players have it "you're not fit to wear the shirt" etc, most of them and the manager either sloped off down the tunnel or sort of half heartedly acknowledged the away end from afar, but Skuse took it up on himself to come over to placate and apologise. He spoke to a group of fans at length which ended with handshakes all round and him getting a round of applause as he left.

That was me he spoke to at the end of the Blackburn game. I wouldn't say we spoke at length, it was in fact a fairly abrupt conversation! 

I did thank him for taking the time to cover over and speak.

I spoke to Geoff Twentyman about it on the Monday evening after the game. 

• Like 2

On 13/05/2023 at 08:45, Port Said Red said:

I always remember this goal with his wrong foot, mainly because as good as it is, it wasn't the best goal of the game. 

Sproule doing his best Messi impression is just incredible.

Love how Sproule absolutely refused to touch the ball with his left for the entire run!

• Like 1

On 12/05/2023 at 12:38, Northern Red said:

Always remember a particularly miserable defeat at Blackburn in the cup, towards the end of McInnes' time in charge. City were truly awful and at full time, the travelling fans let the players have it "you're not fit to wear the shirt" etc, most of them and the manager either sloped off down the tunnel or sort of half heartedly acknowledged the away end from afar, but Skuse took it up on himself to come over to placate and apologise. He spoke to a group of fans at length which ended with handshakes all round and him getting a round of applause as he left.

Your comment prompted me to post this recent ' conversation ' between AC Milan and it's Ultras. 

Imagine the whole team listening to one guy representing the fan base, and them keeping quiet when he spoke. 

Different level of respect abroad. 

It would just end up chanting, gesticulating and abuse here. 

• Like 1