IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

55 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Any links to these whispers?

28 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

Where's this mate?

I can't see anything.

Shoulda screenshotted, can't find them now. They weren't big official accounts or anything, just thought I'd make mention of it here to see if any ITK's could clear anything up. I'm still really hopeful this goes through.

1 minute ago, Jimbo123 said:

I'm still holding out hope it's done, will wait for anything official to suggest otherwise.

Based on what mate?

Well people have been saying for weeks they’ve ‘heard’ it’s done, or pretending they are in the know when in reality they have no idea. I have no idea if he signs or not and have no idea what’s going on, why do so many people pretend to be ITK.

• Like 1

Just now, Searles said:

Well people have been saying for weeks they’ve ‘heard’ it’s done, or pretending they are in the know when in reality they have no idea. I have no idea if he signs or not and have no idea what’s going on, why do so many people pretend to be ITK.

Bristol Post suggested it's done, that's good enough for me.

James Piercy is credible regarding City, far better than Gregor or Shitehausen were.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

5 minutes ago, Searles said:

18 minutes ago, Searles said:

Lots of people could be about to get egg on their faces from the look of it.

I think a couple of people have every reason to have a good idea (rather than pretend they are ITK) they know based on their source(s).

I also don’t believe there is anything wrong with stating “heard it’s done” if that is what you’ve heard, it’s up for that poster to decide the validity of the person they heard it from.  That’s not claiming to be ITK, that’s just passing on info.  The vitriol to those posters is way OTT.

It’s no different to you now taking the opposing view from a random post on a Facebook site.

In all of this there are a few of things…

- do you trust the person who told you

- do you wanna put it on OTIB

- would that compromise the source in any way

I imagine there are a number of posters on here who know lots of stuff, but don’t put it on here.

12 minutes ago, Searles said:

As the saying goes It’s never done until it’s done. 

That’s very different to what you’re implying, which is that it’s all bullshit.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think a couple of people have every reason to have a good idea (rather than pretend they are ITK) they know based on their source(s).

I also don’t believe there is anything wrong with stating “heard it’s done” if that is what you’ve heard, it’s up for that poster to decide the validity of the person they heard it from.  That’s not claiming to be ITK, that’s just passing on info.  The vitriol to those posters is way OTT.

It’s no different to you now taking the opposing view from a random post on a Facebook site.

In all of this there are a few of things…

- do you trust the person who told you

- do you wanna put it on OTIB

- would that compromise the source in any way

I imagine there are a number of posters on here who know lots of stuff, but don’t put it on here.

That’s very different to what you’re implying, which is that it’s all bullshit.

I’m not saying it’s bullshit, I have no idea, but there are people on here hinting at things when they have no idea. 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Searles said:

I’m not saying it’s bullshit, I have no idea, but there are people on here hinting at things when they have no idea. 

You're doing a very good impression of someone who wants it to be bullshit though.

Otherwise, why would you post this?:

25 minutes ago, Searles said:

Lots of people could be about to get egg on their faces from the look of it.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Searles said:

You have to be able to pass your own credibility test though. So how do you know they don't know?

27 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

Bristol Post suggested it's done, that's good enough for me.

James Piercy is credible regarding City, far better than Gregor or Shitehausen were.

James Piercy is/was the boss of Andy, Gregor, and most recently Rich.  They all work on the same 'team' for the Post sports section and they probably have most of the same contacts - agents.

James has been around long enough to possibly have built relationships with sources inside the club, but we'll never know that.

Maybe people just putting 2 & 2 together & coming up with 5? Russell Martin is set to be appointed & as he was "interested" in Bryan for Swansea, maybe people assume he will be for the Saints? But as they spent £6 million on a young left back from Man City last summer i'm not so sure if he will get as much game time over there as he will with us if he chooses them. Time will soon tell.

Edited by Mr Hankey

3 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Maybe people just putting 2 & 2 together & coming up with 5? Russell Martin is set to be appointed & as he was "interested" in Bryan for Swansea, maybe people assume he will be for the Saints? But as they spent £6 million on a young left back from Man City last summer i'm not so sure if he will get as much game time over there as he will with us if he chooses them. Time will soon tell.

Martin will sign Manning for Southampton, that I've 0 doubt.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Searles said:

Well some people are because they have said it was being confirmed last week!!

As an OTIB “reader” surely it’s about picking the “posters” you think are reliable, isn’t it?

There is also a big difference between the range of guesswork, speculation, logic says and fact.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 4