IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

15 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'd thought about that, but to be honest they're in very different places. Bryan doesn't have (as much) Premier League money behind him, nor does he have Juventus money behind him. He's 3 years younger than Ramsey and I suspect is more interested in playing regularly.

On the face of it they seem comparable but under the surface I think there are quite a few differences in their circumstances.

Exactly. And I would add to that Bryan has been living in London whilst playing for Fulham and has now joined another London club so most likely he can stay in his home. Ramsay has very different circumstances regarding where he has been settled for the past few years I would guess.

47 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Joe can be fairly anonymous at Millwall, living in London. Jolly good money at a club that do not have to be promoted. Finish top ten, top eight, no great drama. In fact, they are pretty unlikely to get in the play offs or finish bottom third, so no drama, no angst, no must-win pressure. Just very good money, doing something he can easily do, and living pretty anonymously in one of the great cities of the world, with no-one bending his ear every time he steps out of his "manor" (getting a taxi being the only exception).

No home-town goldfish bowl, no PP club must achieve this. No big crowd. No real bother. And great money. Plus libraries, and books. Just need to put yer foot in, Joe, every now and again; and when the opposition are breaking 4 against your 3, probably want to at least look like you are trying to get back and help.

Otherwise, no bother. And good money. Plus small crowd, and few "musts."

“they are pretty unlikely to get in the playoffs “

Really? A club that finished eighth last season, one point off the playoffs?  Why?

• Like 1

I personally think the comment about it "being a step back", may well be around the fact that he couldn't be guaranteed to be our first choice left back (that would be Pring).

It's unlikely that we would also be utilising a LWB in the early months of the season, so there was a distinct possibility that JB might well have been spending a significant part of the time on our bench.

With that in mind, was he willing to accept that, or did he want to be playing for a team in which he would normally be in the starting 11? Originally he wanted that and to stay abroad. When that didn't transpire, Millwall obviously came to him with a deal which suited his playing aspirations and financially it made sense. 

No issue here for me, a good player; but I also like the look of Roberts down the left. Pring was also for me the standout most improved player at the club last season, so a nailed on started at LB. 

2 hours ago, Leveller said:

“they are pretty unlikely to get in the playoffs “

Really? A club that finished eighth last season, one point off the playoffs?  Why?

Cos .... Otib says so. I read it on here. It's going to be a tough Championship this time, remember, cos you got yer Leeds's, yer Leicesters, yer Southampton, and you got yer Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday. And Plymouth! All massive clubs. Millwall ain't getting in the squeaky-bum stuff, right in the thick of it, not this time mate. And I reckons Joe will not be too unhappy about that.

• Hmmm 1