IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Millwall

1 minute ago, Bcfcshags said:

Morning all. Joe Bryan deal is off. Not coming. ?

Meh, that's a shame. Was excited at first thought of him coming back, but it's not the end of the world. He's an interesting character is Joe & maybe he would see coming back here as a potential failure from his side? If he ends up going to Cardiff then that would be a bizarre choice to say the least

11 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

The messaged I had was, “done a villa on us, going somewhere else for more money”

So (if true) he's either motivated by money after all, or if we're being generous, maybe he's joining a club like Leicester where he thinks he could acheive another promotion.

Either way, given he's got money in the family, money in the bank, business interests and was no doubt offered a decent wage here, I'm surprised the boyhood club and legacy factors didn't lure him here.

Just now, mozo said:

So (if true) he's either motivated by money after all, or if we're being generous, maybe he's joining a club like Leicester where he thinks he could acheive another promotion.

Either way, given he's got money in the family, money in the bank, business interests and was no doubt offered a decent wage here, I'm surprised the boyhood club and legacy factors didn't lure him here.

As mentioned above, apparently we only offered him a 1 year deal. If that’s the case, can’t blame him to be fair 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

As mentioned above, apparently we only offered him a 1 year deal. If that’s the case, can’t blame him to be fair 

Yeah hadn't seen your post ?. I guess that could be it. As a City fan, I still see us as the most attractive option even on a 1 year deal ?‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

Still no evidence of "stalling" then?

No there isn't.

Whether he signs or not is a completely different matter.

But his season ended on Saturday and the fact he hadn't been announced by the Monday is not evidence of stalling.

I have no idea if he's signing but if he doesn't, it won't be the first or last time a footballer negotiates with more than 1 club before deciding which offer to accept.

Where is your evidence of "stalling"?

The fact he wasn't announced within minutes of the rumour surfacing on Otib? Ridiculous. Within seconds of his season ending on Saturday? Ridiculous.  

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Who the F is in charge of negotiations - can't imagine we'd ever be a consideration on that basis

No wonder we're the biggest club never to have played in the Prem

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

No there isn't.

Whether he signs or not is a completely different matter.

But his season ended on Saturday and the fact he hadn't been announced by the Monday is not evidence of stalling.

I have no idea if he's signing but if he doesn't, it won't be the first or last time a footballer negotiates with more than 1 club before deciding which offer to accept.

Where is your evidence of "stalling"?

The fact he wasn't announced within minutes of the rumour surfacing on Otib? Ridiculous. Within seconds of his season ending on Saturday? Ridiculous.  

The discussions have been going on for months, that's how things work when a player is coming to the end of a contract and knows he won't be getting a new deal. 

He isn't signing, so my concerns were more than fair, which you tried to shoot down.

20 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Where did you hear that out of interest?  Just doesn’t seem right to me.   Why would we?  It’s not a serious offer. 

Edited by lenred
  • Like 4

As much as I would have liked having JB back, I’m not too worried that he has decided to go elsewhere. There are plenty of other options, out there, that can be a backup / future replacement for Pring.

Strengthening at CB, DCM & and another GK to challenge MOL would be my priority signings. A bonus would possibly be us signing a target man type striker, and Scotty signs an extension to his current contract and stays for one more season (injuries permitting, I can only see his value going up).

COYR.

Edited by Tangle Foot
  • Like 1