IGNORED

Phil Jones

Taz

No it's not a suggestion before anybody starts, but having been released by Man Utd after playing a handful of games in the past few years, it's no surprise he hasn't had a new offer. 

Injuries have plagued him big time, as when fit he was a very decent defender, and probably would have had quite a few more international appearances. 

In some respect it wouldn't surprise me if he retired, as I don't see that many clubs would be willing to offer him a decent contract, but it will be interesting to see what happens next for him. 

How about a squad of crocks that were destined for big things that ultimately didn't achieve them because of injuries - who would you have?

Phil Jones to get you started.

It’s a shame because he comes across as a nice guy in interviews I’ve seen him in.

He turned down a testimonial at Man U because he didn’t think anyone would show up.

He may need to move abroad as I feel he’s become a bit of a joke here.

20 minutes ago, Taz said:

No it's not a suggestion before anybody starts, but having been released by Man Utd after playing a handful of games in the past few years, it's no surprise he hasn't had a new offer. 

Injuries have plagued him big time, as when fit he was a very decent defender, and probably would have had quite a few more international appearances. 

In some respect it wouldn't surprise me if he retired, as I don't see that many clubs would be willing to offer him a decent contract, but it will be interesting to see what happens next for him. 

How about a squad of crocks that were destined for big things that ultimately didn't achieve them because of injuries - who would you have?

Alfie Mawson - that`s the CBs sorted.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Poor Christian Ribeiro at fullback that's one side.

Ledley King and his knee's.

Jack Wiltshire is in midfield someplace.

Micky Owen's dodgy hamstrings are upfront. 

Add in Ryan Giggs (only) for the pre season friendlies and swap out a winger for Darren Anderton and it's game not on!

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Just imagine a normal person not being able to work the same amount as him they would be shown the door,as for your question it’s clearly sick note Darren Anderton although he seems reliable when it comes to Jones 

19 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Just imagine a normal person not being able to work the same amount as him they would be shown the door,as for your question it’s clearly sick note Darren Anderton although he seems reliable when it comes to Jones 

Bryan Robson spent a fair bit of time on the treatment table.

19 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Or playing Devil’s advocate, imagine a normal person getting injured at work and not being able to carry out their duties? ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Poor Christian Ribeiro at fullback that's one side.

Ledley King and his knee's.

Jack Wiltshire is in midfield someplace.

Micky Owen's dodgy hamstrings are upfront. 

Hargreaves can join JW in midfield 

• Like 1