IGNORED

Bundesliga

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Mainz were a dangerous counter attacking side with no pressure, in some ways not the gimme many thought.

Weird combination of a deep, hard to get round line or through for a lot of the game but when they broke they were quite fast and difficult. Not a nice setup to play against chasing the win at home.

5-4-1 low block but a threat on the break..Mainz had what to play for exactly. Credit to them for their attitude and playing hard.

I watched the game and the whole set up pre match and at the start felt very cagey and nervy for my liking. I don't think their players handled the situation very well at all. They ideally needed to start fast, go 1-0 up early but they didn't. Bayern went ahead and the pressure mounted, Mainz went a goal up and Dortmund immediately got a penalty, which they missed. 

Mainz were always a threat on the counter for sure but Dortmund in my opinion lost all composure on the final day when it mattered. Unfortunately for Mainz I think the whole of Germany will hate them now for allowing Bayern Munich winning yet another Bundesliga title ?

• Like 1

• SC&T Board Members
18 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Love it Jon. Well done to Union! Turns out you can get Champions Legaue whilst having heritage assets protected in your articles!

But seriously, enjoy it mate!

Yep, and with no ownership by a foreign state or American asset strippers either! The club is 'owned' by 40,000+ members. It's like AFC Wimbledon getting into the CL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2015 said:

I watched the game and the whole set up pre match and at the start felt very cagey and nervy for my liking. I don't think their players handled the situation very well at all. They ideally needed to start fast, go 1-0 up early but they didn't. Bayern went ahead and the pressure mounted, Mainz went a goal up and Dortmund immediately got a penalty, which they missed. 

Mainz were always a threat on the counter for sure but Dortmund in my opinion lost all composure on the final day when it mattered. Unfortunately for Mainz I think the whole of Germany will hate them now for allowing Bayern Munich winning yet another Bundesliga title ?

Yeah agree with most of this. Seems odd that Mainz are suddenly like that after losing their prior 4 games tbh but credit to them for not rolling over.

Borussia Dortmund clearly had nerves, lacked composure. The penalty miss for one- had Haller equalised I suspect they go on to win. They seemed too gung no if anything early on Borussia Dortmund even though I understand the thinking.

Thought the one on Guerrerio was also a penalty but didn't even get a VAR check for some reason.

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah agree with most of this. Seems odd that Mainz are suddenly like that after losing their prior 4 games tbh but credit to them for not rolling over.

Borussia Dortmund clearly had nerves, lacked composure. The penalty miss for one- had Haller equalised I suspect they go on to win. They seemed too gung no if anything early on Borussia Dortmund even though I understand the thinking.

Thought the one on Guerrerio was also a penalty but didn't even get a VAR check for some reason.

I watched the whole time thinking eventually Dortmund will blitz Mainz here. Just didn't happen. The usual huge atmosphere Dortmund have just slowly evaporated as the game went on. Was a very strange match to watch. Have to feel for their supporters today.

3 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I watched the whole time thinking eventually Dortmund will blitz Mainz here. Just didn't happen. The usual huge atmosphere Dortmund have just slowly evaporated as the game went on. Was a very strange match to watch. Have to feel for their supporters today.

I think it's partly my fault. Had Dortmund in my acca , my betting kiss of death works again.

For context I also had PGG to win (draw), Marseille to beat 14th place Brest (lost) and Wolfsburg to beat bottom of the table Hertha (Lost)  . So if you see me give a tip, steer well clear.