IGNORED

England Squad

Super

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

No Nick Pope? Good to see Eze given a chance, been playing well. Ollie Watkins can consider himself unlucky though.

I guess it came down to Wilson or Watkins must of been close though. Agree on Eze and Pope.

• Like 1

I think Eze is quality and glad to see him in.

Sadly though, all I can think about every time I hear or see his name is Adam Nagy tracking him half the length of the pitch and making an unbelievable challenge on his home debut, thought we had a star. Sadly he did his ankle doing it and the rest is history... 

Pickford has never let England down. The other two keepers are not as good as Nick Pope imo. Look at him on Tuesday, literally NOTHING to do for 90 minutes then makes a top class save in injury time. Isn't that what top keepers are supposed to do? On current form I would probably have left Ramsdale out, comes across as a bit fur coat and no knickers at the present time compared to three keepers actively earning their clubs points recently.

Eze was a good pick. Can someone tell me what trees Conor Gallagher has pulled up to earn a call-up in the last three months? As somebody said earlier there is a lad at Forest who has been making a difference for months and has made a huge impact in keeping his side up (Gibbs-White). Similarly Maddison, from what limited amount I've seen. all he's contributed recently is to go missing in massive games that have mattered to his club?

Otherwise it's bog standard selection.

Edited by Numero Uno

12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Italy found out that if you don't take them seriously enough North Macedonia can cause you some right problems..........

You are right of course but perhaps the post you replied to was more about the 'being flogged all season' bit than the opposition. Yes, I know it is your country etc, but I think everyone deserves a proper break.

10 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

He's not very good. 

Have you seen enough of him to know he's not very good or seen him have a bad game and decided he's no good? Big difference........I could make a case for every single player in the world being shite if it's the latter criteria being applied!!

3 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

You are right of course but perhaps the post you replied to was more about the 'being flogged all season' bit than the opposition. Yes, I know it is your country etc, but I think everyone deserves a proper break.

Couldn't agree more. These lads should be sat round a pool for weeks on end doing sod all (that said they would still be in a gym somewhere making sure they hit pre-season at their target weight) but whilst there is International Football it will never happen.

30 minutes ago, Jimbo123 said:

When has Maguire ever performed poorly for England?

Why would he not be in?

But he has? Also has one of the best centre backs in the world covering his arse in John Stones.

What message does this send out to other hopefuls who are having a good season? Sorry lads, Maguire will still be getting picked even though he’s shite and doesn’t even play for United.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Pickford has never let England down. The other two keepers are not as good as Nick Pope imo. Look at him on Tuesday, literally NOTHING to do for 90 minutes then makes a top class save in injury time. Isn't that what top keepers are supposed to do? On current form I would probably have left Ramsdale out, comes across as a bit fur coat and no knickers at the present time compared to three keepers actively earning their clubs points recently.

Eze was a good pick. Can someone tell me what trees Conor Gallagher has pulled up to earn a call-up in the last three months? As somebody said earlier there is a lad at Forest who has been making a difference for months and has made a huge impact in keeping his side up (Gibbs-White). Similarly Maddison, from what limited amount I've seen. all he's contributed recently is to go missing in massive games that have mattered to his club?

Otherwise it's bog standard selection.

So you would put in Pope (who is having surgery) and Morgan Gibbs White (who is in the u21 squad)?

1 minute ago, grifty said:

So you would put in Pope (who is having surgery) and Morgan Gibbs White (who is in the u21 squad)?

It might surprise you to know that I didn't realise Pope was having surgery although my next response one or two replies further down would have made that fairly clear. But to answer your question, Nah, if I knew Pope was having surgery on his finger I wouldn't put him in. If you think about it for a second, the pain he might be in and the recovery time required just wouldn't allow him to train and play properly. It would be very dangerous to train and play whilst having surgery in my opinion and hopefully that alleviates any worries you might have had. However, I'd definitely pick Gibbs White over Maddison for the full squad on both current form and where his head is likely to be at all day long right now, 100%, not even a discussion for me.

1 minute ago, supercidered said:

Gibbs-White seems to be a bit of penis though (you can choose your own bit).

Plus, I think U21's is about his level at present.

I don't know how much of a cock the kid is but if he is then he's a "cock bang in form" and a game like Malta might have been a good place to have a little look at him. Both Gallagher and Maddison for me are not playing close to the level of Morgan Gibbs-White over the last three months. One thing he very much seems to be, and I'm looking at Maddison in comparison here, is a team player.

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It might surprise you to know that I didn't realise Pope was having surgery although my next response one or two replies further down would have made that fairly clear. But to answer your question, Nah, if I knew Pope was having surgery on his finger I wouldn't put him in. If you think about it for a second, the pain he might be in and the recovery time required just wouldn't allow him to train and play properly. It would be very dangerous to train and play whilst having surgery in my opinion and hopefully that alleviates any worries you might have had. However, I'd definitely pick Gibbs White over Maddison for the full squad on both current form and where his head is likely to be at all day long right now, 100%, not even a discussion for me.

Surely you’d allow the under 21’s captain the honour of being able to captain his side at a tournament? 

We have enough strength in that area to allow MGW to experience tournament football rather than getting minimal minutes for the senior team. 

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I don't know how much of a cock the kid is but if he is then he's a "cock bang in form" and a game like Malta might have been a good place to have a little look at him. Both Gallagher and Maddison for me are not playing close to the level of Morgan Gibbs-White over the last three months. One thing he very much seems to be, and I'm looking at Maddison in comparison here, is a team player.

After I posted my comment I thought, hang on a minute. If one of the measures of picking a player was how much of a cock a player is then the squad would be very depleted. I have seen him play quite a bit but regardless of his cockness he just doesn't seem to be at the right level yet. I'd be very happy to be proved wrong though.

Just now, Betty Swallocks said:

Surely you’d allow the under 21’s captain the honour of being able to captain his side at a tournament? 

We have enough strength in that area to allow MGW to experience tournament football rather than getting minimal minutes for the senior team. 

Perhaps it's one where you ask the lad what he wants to do. I'm not raging about it but on current form he's definitely the best of the three lads in question imo. However, very fair point about captaining the side in tournament football, we do seem to have a number of lads coming through the young age groups who have experienced and won tournaments, let's see if it translates into the Senior team over the next 10 years.

Just now, supercidered said:

After I posted my comment I thought, hang on a minute. If one of the measures of picking a player was how much of a cock a player is then the squad would be very depleted. I have seen him play quite a bit but regardless of his cockness he just doesn't seem to be at the right level yet. I'd be very happy to be proved wrong though.

Very true!! I think he's been in very good form for a good few months now. He was immense against Arsenal. Like I said it's not something to get too emotional about, I just think Gallagher and Maddison are very lucky to be there.

• Like 1