IGNORED

Bristol city club song

roddy-d

One for the Bristol City is an adaptation of the Wurzels late 70s hit (in the top 75) of 'One for the Morning Glory' - a traditional song. (The track was from the album 'Golden Delicious' and the B side was 'Rock around the A38.)

As I recall it was played for a good few years in the Glory Days then slowly lost, before being revived in the 2010s.

• Robin 3

56 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

You want Away with the Manger?

To make a club song there should be no names in it. There always be a Bristol city there always be fans down Ashton gate & we will follow till we’re dead 

In all fairness, I actually do think a new ‘anthem’ is required. 
As much as I love our heritage and connection with the Wurzels, I think their songs have a place within the ‘terrace culture’ but I don’t actually think they are “anthemic” enough. 
And I also enjoy the Red Red Robin but again it’s not truly “anthemic”. 

I think it’s a part of our club that is missing. Many of the bigger or indeed more successful clubs all seem to have some kind of anthem - it seems to give a better club identity (and definitely gives the tv companies something to feature whenever these clubs are shown live - I mean, Sky have even been fawning this season over Forest’s ridiculous Mull of Kintyre nonsense)

As much as we all love the wurzels, it doesn’t make for a serious anthem. 
As well as ‘onfield’ stuff, I think we also need to have something more modern and truly anthemic ‘off the field’ too. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Harry said:

In all fairness, I actually do think a new ‘anthem’ is required. 
As much as I love our heritage and connection with the Wurzels, I think their songs have a place within the ‘terrace culture’ but I don’t actually think they are “anthemic” enough. 
And I also enjoy the Red Red Robin but again it’s not truly “anthemic”. 

I think it’s a part of our club that is missing. Many of the bigger or indeed more successful clubs all seem to have some kind of anthem - it seems to give a better club identity (and definitely gives the tv companies something to feature whenever these clubs are shown live - I mean, Sky have even been fawning this season over Forest’s ridiculous Mull of Kintyre nonsense)

As much as we all love the wurzels, it doesn’t make for a serious anthem. 
As well as ‘onfield’ stuff, I think we also need to have something more modern and truly anthemic ‘off the field’ too. 

I’m listening so what do you suggest mate ??

I've heard a few local ozzie rules amateur clubs using the chorus from "We Are Australian" and its been very catchy. I could see many not wanting anything from Oz but it could work & just for the record I'm not an Ozzie, born & bred in the UK 77yrs ago & a City fan for 68yrs, much to my dear old dads disgust as he was a gas man.

?We are one, but we are many

?And from all the lands on earth we come

?We share a dream and sing with one voice

?I am, you are, we are The City Fans

?I am, you are, we are The City Fans?

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Didn’t we almost sign Trevor Francis….that would’ve made the Trevor Francis Tracksuit line fit nicely?

1 hour ago, Lewisdabaron said:

I would like to hear the only fools & horses theme belted out from the stands. 

It would be a legendary anthem for me ?

• Haha 1

I always liked House of The Rising Sun by The Animals. Has a similar tone to it to Never Walk Alone, just edit a few words...

"There is a team way down in South Bristol

They call the red robins

And they've been the ruin of many a poor boy

And God, I know I'm one."

Edited by TBW

7 hours ago, roddy-d said:

Well it would be great if we had a Bristol city song. Blue moon, walk alone. Blowing bubbles, the Bristol bears where be that blackbird too 

We do have our own anthem - “drink up the cider”. It’s unique to us.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1