IGNORED

How Many Remain In Denial?

KingswoodRed

...Back when we played the likes of Wigan at Springfield Road, Plymouth at their run down wooden Home Park and Reading weren't playing at the Madjaski (sp) we were the envy of those type of club due to our stadium etc...

God I used to love going to them crappy away grounds...add PNE and Walsall to the Hall of Shame. Maybe it's cos I was young and fresh faced etc etc, but it seemed much more enjoyable back then. Anyhow, we must have been a BIG club back then because, if my memory serves me rightly, we GAVE away our floodlights to Wigan. Do you think we can ask for them back now :D ?

If we were in the Championship at this point in time, (might I add - where we should be!) then I wouldn't be too frustrated at where we are in the table at the moment, but as we are a league lower, it's as if once again, every time we fail to gain promotion, it's as if we just got relegated... Same feeling! :D

well it was thanks to jamie smith in the last 30 seconds that we got a point if we would of lost today we would be in the relegation zone we are now 1 place from it

let's hope things pick up soon, we are lucky to have ashton gate which is actually bigger and better than some named stadiums in the championship

Wake up missie your ground is cack.It is an antique ground that has been tarted up with red paint and has had planks of wood nailed down to benches and you pass them off as seats.

Rovers have lots of executive boxes that are sold for the whole of the season, you dont have one executive box in the whole of your joke ground.The Attyeo stand could have paid for itself 10 times over now if Scott Davidson and his board had the nouse and the foresight to include some boxes into what is just a bland plain seating area with no accoustics and no atmosphere.

Please dont kid youeself that you have a decent ground because it is ancient,you dont even own the land on where it stands the council do and the land is pretty much scrub brush industrial cr*p.In the real world and it might be hard for you to take but Rovers ground is worth double what your ground is because the land it is situated on is prime residential land.

Wake up missie your ground is cack.It is an antique ground that has been tarted up with red paint and has had planks of wood nailed down to benches and you pass them off as seats.

Rovers have lots of executive boxes that are sold for the whole of the season, you dont have one executive box in the whole of your joke ground.The Attyeo stand could have paid for itself 10 times over now if Scott Davidson and his board had the nouse and the foresight to include some boxes into what is just a bland plain seating area with no accoustics and no atmosphere.

Please dont kid youeself that you have a decent ground because it is ancient,you dont even own the land on where it stands the council do and the land is pretty much scrub brush industrial cr*p.In the real world and it might be hard for you to take but Rovers ground is worth double what your ground is because the land it is situated on is prime residential land.

Oh whoopie do. You have a ground which would sell for more than ours does, IYO. The Council owns ours. And you have Executive boxes. All very well and good, but your point is what exactly?

We have a Ground which would be accepted in the Championship because:

- We have an all seater stadium. That compared to how many exactly in your ground?

- We also have the facilities incorporated into the ground as opposed to some used haulage containers that you pass off as toilets.

- We have a club shop. Yours is a trailer out in the car park now your shop has closed down. I bet it was sold on for prime residential use, wasn't it?

- We have permanent stands. You have the South stand that blows away during windy weather. The Atyeo may be 'without acoustics and atmosphere', but at least we don't have to de-asemble it as soon as there is a storm warning.

So the fact that your ground will eventually be sold on for housing development isn't exactly filling me with envy.

And I'll also note what you say about us not having Executive boxes. It obviously makes the difference between a good and a cr*p ground :D

And when all is said and done, it matters not where you play, but what division your in, doesn't it?

And most of all I expected a more reasoned discussion than a 'My Dad's better than your Dad' style arguement from a respected poster.

To be honest I am not really interested in whatever the gas have to say because last season they were really quiet for obvious reasons .They win a couple of games and bring out the promotion t shirts. If they start losing again they will soon shut up. I am only interested in my team - BCFC.

"sleeping giant" is a tag that has never done anyone any favors, it leaves expectancy levls too high and recently teams like wednesday, liverpool and particularly tottenham have struggled due to unreasonably high expectations of fans- city have a hhistory to be proud(ish) of and a large fanbase - but we should just try to make good use of gate reciepts and not think that we are too good for this league because we arent

Tom :D

I think we are lucky to have Ashton Gate. Our ground may be in your opinion ancient, but in my opinion it is a place which holds many memories for all City fans.

People like you really (I tried to say a naughty word) me off. You sit there making insult after insult after insult about our club and our fans and our ground, well you and your club are no better. At least I don't have to go on other rival forums and insult their clubs to make myself feel better.

Who can honestly say that they still believe Bristol City are a 'Big Team' or a 'Sleeping Giant'?

What proof has there been over the last 10 years, let alone the last 4 or 5, that can justify either of these two tags?

Why not just wake up, accept that BCFC are nothing more than a good/average second division side, and live the odd false dawn if/when it might happen.

All this expectation & hope followed by the natural let downs are becoming too habitual.

See the light, then the sort of mediocre results like the first three this season are so much easier to take.

History doesn't lie. We are NOT a big side.

Thank God the chairman and manager don't have that sort of defeatist attitude. We need people with belief.

Archived