IGNORED

How Many Remain In Denial?

KingswoodRed

Who can honestly say that they still believe Bristol City are a 'Big Team' or a 'Sleeping Giant'?

What proof has there been over the last 10 years, let alone the last 4 or 5, that can justify either of these two tags?

Why not just wake up, accept that BCFC are nothing more than a good/average second division side, and live the odd false dawn if/when it might happen.

All this expectation & hope followed by the natural let downs are becoming too habitual.

See the light, then the sort of mediocre results like the first three this season are so much easier to take.

History doesn't lie. We are NOT a big side.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Take away Ashton Gate and we're no different to anyone in this league, even the directors have given up trying to improve the club - Can't blame them, the apathy to spor in Bristol is shocking.

Who can honestly say that they still believe Bristol City are a 'Big Team' or a 'Sleeping Giant'?

I don't think anyone thinks that, do they? And yes, our opening 3 results are a disappointment, no more, no less.

I haven't been on this forum this past week, so can only imagine the hysteria there must have been. I find this mildly ammusing and don't allow the zealots to influence my thinking.

TINNION IN!

Come on its 3 games in I'm still happily in denial ..the gas going so well isnt helpin though!

With all the respect in the world, it hasn't been 3 games.......it's been every game that we have failed to gain the position our potential justifies.

As far back as that goes is your guess as good as mine.

A fair number of those havin a dig at Tinman, had a go at us who wanted Wonder-Son out, and thet was after 2 months of the season, not THREE ******* games for Chrissakes...................the sad sags, among others are laughing like fox at the "fickle" City fans turning on Tins after THREE games, which has gotta be some kind of record, even for us, for fox sake.........we aint entitled to automatic promotion because we are City and finished in the top three the las two seasons..........we have to earn it, and support the team for Crissakes, at least give the guy a break!!!!!

A fair number of those havin a dig at Tinman, had a go at us who wanted Wonder-Son out, and thet was after 2 months of the season, not THREE ******* games for Chrissakes...................the sad sags, among others are laughing like fox at the "fickle" City fans turning on Tins after THREE games, which has gotta be some kind of record, even for us, for fox sake.........we aint entitled to automatic promotion because we are City and finished in the top three the las two seasons..........we have to earn it, and support the team for Crissakes, at least give the guy a break!!!!!

Spot on mate. Thank God we at last have a manager who acts immediately to change things when they're not working!

The attitude of some Bristol City fans is absolutely staggering.

whether city is/are a sleeping giant/big club, i won't comment on.

i will say this though: city are my team, win loose or draw.

today city thrilled me out of my complacency.

the spectators who hung around long enough at the game today left in good heart.

if you'd gone to the match, would you have seen the equaliser?

your answer is:

no. i would have been well on my way home.

hope you enjoy this season. we both want the same results!

Guest torquay red
Come on its 3 games in I'm still happily in denial ..the gas going so well isnt helpin though!

I cannot for the life of me understand why City fans spend all thier time worrying about what the gas are up to,who cares?Maybe because i am not a native of Bristol i dont understand the tribal disputes between the two sets of fans,but all i know is,is that if City fans put as much effort in supporting City as they do hating Rovers,then maybe we might get somewhere?Not having a dig at you mate,just a general observation of an "outsider". :D

I find it quite strange that some fans seem to always turn a subject of a post on to alterial subjects.

My post was a specific subject, and yet some replies seem to turn on those who are slagging Tinnion off so early.

Bizarre.

:D

But, suppose we were now riding high on the back of nine points, would you have posted such a negative post? Of course not. So it's understandable that people will link the two.

I cannot for the life of me understand why City fans spend all thier time worrying about what the gas are up to,who cares?Maybe because i am not a native of Bristol i dont understand the tribal disputes between the two sets of fans,but all i know is,is that if City fans put as much effort in supporting City as they do hating Rovers,then maybe we might get somewhere?Not having a dig at you mate,just a general observation of an "outsider". :laugh:

Can appreciate the rivalry, but he's right, concentrate on us really :grr::laugh::D:grr: (Waits for incoming barrage of abuse!!! :D:laugh: )

Guest torquay red
It just means a week of jibes and jokes at work ..obviously i care more bout city doing well

Tell them to take a funny walk,at the end of the day they are still below us :D

Good Luck to the Gas. Would be nice to play them again. Couldn't really care to be honest, I'd rather concentrate on us playing football and picking up the points. Friendly banter is great, this hating thing is not so great but hey, that's rivalries taken too far.

But, suppose we were now riding high on the back of nine points, would you have posted such a negative post?  Of course not.  So it's understandable that people will link the two.

Negative post?

I think it was just a formal question to those who may still think we have the God given right to be Champions this season, and to those who may still believe all forms of media that say we still are a 'Big Club'.

I don't see anything negative about it whatsoever, topical maybe, but not negative.

well it was thanks to jamie smith in the last 30 seconds that we got a point if we would of lost today we would be in the relegation zone we are now 1 place from it

let's hope things pick up soon, we are lucky to have ashton gate which is actually bigger and better than some named stadiums in the championship

I really cant understand the feeling on this forum its a joke ...we are a big club as much as sheff wed are anyway

I like to think still that we are one of the bigger clubs in the coca-cola leagues; our attendances reflect that, but how can you say that we are a bigger club than a team that gets 25 000 when 15th in division two? We would be lucky to get 10 000 if we were as bad as them last year.

.........we aint entitled to automatic promotion because we are City and finished in the top three the las two seasons..........we have to earn it, and support the team for Crissakes, at least give the guy a break!!!!!

Like the chairman did to Wilson, the guy who continually improved the team and got us sooo close two seasons on the trot only to be let down by lazy overpaid players.

oK

A few complaints!

WHO GIVES ASHIT ABOUT THE SIZE OF OUR CLUB !

WHO CARES ABOUT THE GAS

AND WHO CARES ABOUT IMPROVING OUR CLUB.

I'm a "football fan" ,all i want to see if football good or bad ,if we always knew we were going to be great who would watch??how bland!!

dont get me wrong i love the highs and hate the lows but i love the "drama football brings the feelin in yur guts (hartlypool) so lets all get back in our seats and watch the damn game instead of talking absolute poo about things that dont really matter!

:D

Negative post?

I think it was just a formal question to those who may still think we have the God given right to be Champions this season, and to those who may still believe all forms of media that say we still are a 'Big Club'.

I don't see anything negative about it whatsoever, topical maybe, but not negative.

Just a coincidence that it was posted now then?

I dont think we have a God given right to be Champs, but I also think it's not unreasonable to expect promotion. We are, comparitively, and perhaps I should add potentially, one of the bigger clubs, as our all-too-fickle support has often shown. But no, being a potentially 'big-club' doesnt give us the God-given right to success (in fact, it seems to be a hinderance).

Anyway, and on reflection, I think you're trying to suggest that people on here are generally moaning cos they think we 'deserve' propomtion. Well, maybe. But there also seems to be no 'in-between'. People either go crazy when we string a decent run together, or balistic when we have a dodgy patch. Maybe equal enjoyment is secretly obtained from both extremes?

I really cant understand the feeling on this forum its a joke ...we are a big club as much as sheff wed are anyway

Please give me one piece of evidence that suggests we are as big a club as Sheffield Wednesday. Do we get bigger crowds? Have we spent more years in the top flight? Have we won more major trophies or been in more finals than them? If you can answer yes to any of those questions then perhaps you have a point.

Just a coincidence that it was posted now then?

I dont think we have a God given right to be Champs, but I also think it's not unreasonable to expect promotion.  We are, comparitively, and perhaps I should add potentially, one of the bigger clubs, as our all-too-fickle support has often shown.  But no, being a potentially 'big-club' doesnt give us the God-given right to success (in fact, it seems to be a hinderance).

Anyway, and on reflection, I think you're trying to suggest that people on here are generally moaning cos they think we 'deserve' propomtion.  Well, maybe.  But there also seems to be no 'in-between'.  People either go crazy when we string a decent run together, or balistic when we have a dodgy patch.  Maybe equal enjoyment is secretly obtained from both extremes?

The only thing I aimed to suggest is that there are still factions of City fans, and it has to be said the media (local news/papers, Sky TV etc etc) that still believe we are a big club, when in my opinion we are no longer.

Back when we played the likes of Wigan at Springfield Road, Plymouth at their run down wooden Home Park and Reading weren't playing at the Madjaski (sp) we were the envy of those type of club due to our stadium etc.

Yes, we live in a big city, and most will argue a big city deserves a big club, but both do not come hand in hand automatically.

One final point in answer to your last reply; in my original post I said enjoy the false dawn if/when they occur, as that seems to be exactly what they always turn out to be, false dawns. That's not to say they will never happen, there just seems to be larger time scales between them in recent history. Your 'in between' as you mention.

Archived