IGNORED

King Contract News

RedNachos

A friend of a friend of a friend recently got chatting with Kingy at a wedding, and a bit of news about his club status has been relayed to me with the knowledge that I'm a keen city fan. Apparently he's been offered a 1 year deal by the club but is currently stalling negotiations on the basis that he still lives in Leicester and his wife and himself are unsure about commiting to the city of Bristol. 

Take that how you will .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selred said:

Find it odd they didn't just move here 2 years ago.

A lot of players won’t uproot their family, especially a young family, for a one year deal (plus option).  Andi Weimann’s family are still back in Birmingham area for example.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

A lot of players won’t uproot their family, especially a young family, for a one year deal (plus option).  Andi Weimann’s family are still back in Birmingham area for example.

And even more so for managers with an average job expectancy of less than 7 months.

But how annoying for Nige to still be in the job, renting a 1 bed over 2 years on.

30 minutes ago, Just8 said:

Seen him with his family at Cadbury garden centre. His little'un wasn't the best at waiting their turn on the soft play.

Take that how you will. ?

That a very small child hasn’t learned all the social graces of life yet?

Not exactly going to school with a gun, is it?

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Could be underlying issues too. My youngest grandson has autism and is not good at dealing with queues either. Something people probably don’t consider unless they’re living with it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hope he does sign a new contract. Thought he really stepped up second half of the season, when we had all those injuries. And was one of our better players. Also the young players look up to and respect him. Nige trusts him and he has the club at heart. 1 year playing plus extra year as coach should do it 

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I was being silly as a reflection of the tone of the OP. It is silly season afterall. The child was probably only 1. And despite my similar aged daughter taking issue with his cutting in, at that age anybody's social graces don't amount to much. ?

Edited by Just8
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

I've seen him walking around failand several times with his young family and dogs, so always guessed he lived around there.....

Think him and his family are living here (renting I guess), but family home is back in Leicester.  A month or so back I heard the usual gossip stuff like “taken the kids out of nursery / school”.  That was before the contract offer was news.  Of course could’ve been bullshit.

Of course there could be personal reasons why location is an issue, but from a professional view staying here makes a lot of sense for both parties.

For Andy it would appear we are offering a pathway into coaching with a manager that he knows and trusts.

For the club it seems he provides a very solid voice and guidance to the younger squad members. That is very important to have with younger players, particularly in the world we live in now.

I hope he stays.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

12 hours ago, steveybadger said:

Think I’d just kip in the car

I'd probably just hit the snooze button, roll over and go back to sleep.

Not worth getting dressed to go to work if you're the Watford manager surely - be out of work before you get there!

On 02/06/2023 at 22:15, Davefevs said:

When LJ was here it was made a requirement that they had to move within 30 miles or something like that, after Lee Tomlin left. Obviously now been scrapped.

1 hour ago, Jimbo123 said:

When LJ was here it was made a requirement that they had to move within 30 miles or something like that, after Lee Tomlin left. Obviously now been scrapped.

I think the story goes…even in Tomlin’s time he made them live close.  Tomlin had an apartment on Harbourside.  Great.

But unfortunately he kept travelling back to Leicester to “knob” the nanny, so was knackered from that and the extra driving!!!

Allegedly! ???

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think the story goes…even in Tomlin’s time he made them live close.  Tomlin had an apartment on Harbourside.  Great.

But unfortunately he kept travelling back to Leicester to “knob” the nanny, so was knackered from that and the extra driving!!!

Allegedly! ???

Colourfully enlightenment of the situation there Dave ?☺️

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Of course there could be personal reasons why location is an issue, but from a professional view staying here makes a lot of sense for both parties.

For Andy it would appear we are offering a pathway into coaching with a manager that he knows and trusts.

For the club it seems he provides a very solid voice and guidance to the younger squad members. That is very important to have with younger players, particularly in the world we live in now.

I hope he stays.

Exactly, it seems odd that he would have accepted a Player/Coach deal if he didn’t see himself working under Nigel Pearson as a coach following the completion of his time as a player too. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Just8 said:

I was being silly as a reflection of the tone of the OP. It is silly season afterall. The child was probably only 1. And despite my similar aged daughter taking issue with his cutting in, at that age anybody's social graces don't amount to much. ?

Nicky Maynard left for less! 

I wondered if he was waiting to see how the Leicester manager situation played out in the hope of getting a coaching role there.

This morning’s papers suggest it is Gerrard which would presumably put paid to that possibility.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I wondered if he was waiting to see how the Leicester manager situation played out in the hope of getting a coaching role there.

This morning’s papers suggest it is Gerrard which would presumably put paid to that possibility.

Well back in April there were rumours that Nigel Pearson could return to Leicester, and I think for family reasons King hoped that would come to fruition and he would return home.