IGNORED

King Contract News

RedNachos

10 hours ago, Jimbo123 said:

When LJ was here it was made a requirement that they had to move within 30 miles or something like that, after Lee Tomlin left. Obviously now been scrapped.

Not obvious at all!

The PLAYER himself often will rent a place down here, and live in a reasonable travelling distance to AG/HPC.

The FAMILY of the player, partner/wife will stay in the family home miles away.

The FAMILY will visit the player/the PLAYER will visit the family when its reasonable to do so.

Andi Weimann and his family have always lived like this since joining us for example, it obviously works for him and I doubt he is the only one.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Spot on RedM.

I read a book by Ben Smith, ex-Arsenal academy who did the lower leagues.

image.png.6a69272d03eba070f962b26991251af6.png

There was some enlightened stuff about house moves, renting off the player you’d just replaced, etc.

Interesting thanks, I like stuff like this. 

Alex and Tommy share now don't they, I guess it's the apartment where a lot of the past players have lived at one time or another, so owned by the club maybe? Tommy will be looking for a new flatmate I guess.

13 hours ago, Jimbo123 said:

When LJ was here it was made a requirement that they had to move within 30 miles or something like that, after Lee Tomlin left. Obviously now been scrapped.

In Tomlin's case, wasn't the club's requirement that he lived at least 30 miles away from the Nanny?

Mrs Tomlin's requirement was that he lived 3,000 miles away from the Nanny.

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Not obvious at all!

The PLAYER himself often will rent a place down here, and live in a reasonable travelling distance to AG/HPC.

The FAMILY of the player, partner/wife will stay in the family home miles away.

The FAMILY will visit the player/the PLAYER will visit the family when its reasonable to do so.

Andi Weimann and his family have always lived like this since joining us for example, it obviously works for him and I doubt he is the only one.

Yes, it’s not always champagne and roses for the families.

Single players don’t really have a problem, footloose and fancy free etc.

The old Bristol General hospital site seems a favourite rental place, right side of the city, secure parking and close to the coffee shops.

For the players with children, particularly young children, it’s a different kettle of fish, many as you say have homes away from the City, have partners or wife’s who come from the local area where they first met, and have family, friends and social circles far removed from Bristol.

Its a factor to take into account when signing contracts, it’s not just about the money on offer, ask Nahki Wells, who chose a longer term contract and stability for his family over a bigger payday.

We all envy them, of course we do, but it isn’t always the glamorous lifestyle it might seem.

It's true of managers too, most of whom are married. Neither Danny Wilson or Gary Megson moved their family home from Sheffield despite being employed in other parts of the country and preferred to rent accommodation instead. Has LJ moved his family to Scotland or is his family home still in Cheshire? 

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

It's true of managers too, most of whom are married. Neither Danny Wilson or Gary Megson moved their family home from Sheffield despite being employed in other parts of the country and preferred to rent accommodation instead. Has LJ moved his family to Scotland or is his family home still in Cheshire? 

Think LJ is still in Clifton.

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Dean Holden's family remained in Manchester throughout his time here and also now at Charlton, he or his wife used to post the odd pic on social media of them going down to visit him during school holidays. Think he and Wilbs used to car share when they were both back and forth between Bristol and Manchester when they had time off after games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Interesting thanks, I like stuff like this. 

Alex and Tommy share now don't they, I guess it's the apartment where a lot of the past players have lived at one time or another, so owned by the club maybe? Tommy will be looking for a new flatmate I guess.

When they put that video out last season of Alex and Tommy at home, it looked very similar to the flat Josh Brownhill had when he was here. Weimann and Williams were on hand as well so I suspect they're both in the same block or nearby.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

When they put that video out last season of Alex and Tommy at home, it looked very similar to the flat Josh Brownhill had when he was here. Weimann and Williams were on hand as well so I suspect they're both in the same block or nearby.

I thought exactly the same, That's why I believe the rumours that the club own a couple of flats, or has regular access to them. I think Kalas was in one when he first arrived too, and Taylor-Moore.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

I thought exactly the same, That's why I believe the rumours that the club own a couple of flats, or has regular access to them. I think Kalas was in one when he first arrived too, and Taylor-Moore.

Jay was in same block too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Dean Holden's family remained in Manchester throughout his time here and also now at Charlton, he or his wife used to post the odd pic on social media of them going down to visit him during school holidays. Think he and Wilbs used to car share when they were both back and forth between Bristol and Manchester when they had time off after games.

Often seen Wilbs on the train travelling from Stockport down to Bristol when he played for us , also recently chatted to Jamie Paterson going from new st to Swansea 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I didn't quite make the link at the time although I knew there was something niggling at the back of my mind, but now you mention it you're right, there was definitely a similarity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RedM said:

Club also own a couple of flats/apartments on the Portishead marina. 

These were commonly used by loan players in the past (mostly under LJ).

I had family living in the area so would see the players regularly.

Richard O’Donnell was based in one, and I think I vaguely remember James Tavernier being another.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Porto Red said:

I didn't quite make the link at the time although I knew there was something niggling at the back of my mind, but now you mention it you're right, there was definitely a similarity.

Not the same one as Josh, from memory his kitchen layout / direction was different.

44 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Club also own a couple of flats/apartments on the Portishead marina. 

These were commonly used by loan players in the past (mostly under LJ).

I had family living in the area so would see the players regularly.

Richard O’Donnell was based in one, and I think I vaguely remember James Tavernier being another.

Yes saw ROD around their too.

• Haha 1

On 04/06/2023 at 01:44, Davefevs said:

I think the story goes…even in Tomlin’s time he made them live close.  Tomlin had an apartment on Harbourside.  Great.

But unfortunately he kept travelling back to Leicester to “knob” the nanny, so was knackered from that and the extra driving!!!

Allegedly! ???

Graphs ? Stats? 

On 04/06/2023 at 00:44, Davefevs said:

I think the story goes…even in Tomlin’s time he made them live close.  Tomlin had an apartment on Harbourside.  Great.

But unfortunately he kept travelling back to Leicester to “knob” the nanny, so was knackered from that and the extra driving!!!

Allegedly! ???

Have you got a heatmap for that, @Davefevs?

• Haha 2

He's signed!

It seems the media department have got more creative than the old "up on the roof" videos. I think they've perhaps gone a bit over the top with the dressing up box though!

P.S. The strain of the contract decision has affected him as he's aged since the  end of last season!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, downendcity said:

He's signed!

It seems the media department have got more creative than the old "up on the roof" videos. I think they've perhaps gone a bit over the top with the dressing up box though!

P.S. The strain of the contract decision has affected him as he's aged since the  end of last season!

I am slow…took me a while.