IGNORED

New away kit - when?

BCFCGav

I don’t know if this is in @Bcfcshags remit. Given we already have our home and third kit - I don’t think the club will be in any rush to announce either.

Still, something to look forward to in a quiet summer. What are people hoping for? I’m hoping for black but predicting purple and lime. 

19 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Purple and lime will always be my preference. 

I would expect it will be used as an engagement opportunity when we have a lull or have completed our transfer activity

Yeah once they stop tweeting about the Arctic ****ing Monkeys eh. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Please not purple and lime again. Those of us who were there when it was unleashed back in the day remember it was greeted with derision. "What the f--king hell is that", I recall was the chant.

A nice, classic white/black/white or something new. Last season's Hummel third kit was pretty good.

Just now, SecretSam said:

Please not purple and lime again. Those of us who were there when it was unleashed back in the day remember it was greeted with derision. "What the f--king hell is that", I recall was the chant.

A nice, classic white/black/white or something new. Last season's Hummel third kit was pretty good.

And the Hummel white away kit was a truly beautiful thing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

The yellow kit (ignoring the badge) is actually really nice. HATE the home kit as it looks cheap/fake so praying they hit us with a decent away one. Personally think it’ll be the same as the home but black with white stripes.

Hoping O’Neills provide something better next season, can give them a bit of slack for this seasons as it would of all been quite short notice. So fingers crossed they are saving the away kit reveal for either that big 15 million pound signing we’ll make or Alex Scott signing a new deal telling us he’s not going anywhere DiCaprio style. 

• Like 1

I don't want purple and lime despite it being by far my favourite option, mainly because I can't stand O'Neills and would rather see a people and lime kit when they're gone. 

I'm still irritated that we've had some of our best kits to date under Hummel and got rid of them for a piss poor company who seem to think feathers on a goalkeepers kit is clever or good design.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Negan said:

The yellow kit (ignoring the badge) is actually really nice. HATE the home kit as it looks cheap/fake so praying they hit us with a decent away one. Personally think it’ll be the same as the home but black with white stripes.

Hoping O’Neills provide something better next season, can give them a bit of slack for this seasons as it would of all been quite short notice. So fingers crossed they are saving the away kit reveal for either that big 15 million pound signing we’ll make or Alex Scott signing a new deal telling us he’s not going anywhere DiCaprio style. 

I'd be on that like a rash. Done well, that'd look great. 

I don’t care whether it’s pink with orange spots, as long as it hasn’t got that ******* big Splattered Robin on the front.

Makes me cringe whenever I see it. Those players, coaches, staff wearing the stuff must be truly embarrassed. The Club would do well to remember it’s small percentages that make a difference in elite football. Wearing a clowns outfit ain’t doing us any favours. Downsize it to a small motif, preferably on the back, maybe, but that ‘in your face’ motif sizing is just woeful, and then some. 

When the national press pick up on it and describes Nige, in a mocking way, looking like some Harley-riding biker you know something is badly wrong.

• Like 3

Prior to the switch to O'Neills I had reliably been told that there would be at least some blue on the away kit.

That may have been shelved if Jon has drawn some new designs with O'Neills though. I get the feeling he has done that (and that was part of the reason we fell out with Hummel).

1 hour ago, RobinTuga said:

I can think of one reason why we need a 3rd kit... ???

As soon as they did it the first time, and it sold ok, they were never going to stop. It's another revenue stream and that's fine by me, I rarely buy shirts anyway and never full price. They could sit down and work out one away kit that doesn't clash, but probably easier and financially better to do 3. 
There are only aa few times we should need an away kit anyway.

M’boro

Rotherham

Southampton

Stoke

Sunderland

The Yellow kit would do fine in these games, so I hope the away is is good enough to make it worthwhile. 
Clever releasing the 3rd kit first, then you do NEED an away kit 

Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

You just know the main reason we are now with O'Neills is because they can best help Jon to show off his creativity. With that in mind I wonder if he will go all out on the away kit since the other 2 are largely based on retro designs, some interesting background patterns on the one below I wonder if City are planning something similar and can they be trusted to make it look ok?

Galway United FC 2 Stripe Away Jersey  2022

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Prior to the switch to O'Neills I had reliably been told that there would be at least some blue on the away kit.

That may have been shelved if Jon has drawn some new designs with O'Neills though. I get the feeling he has done that (and that was part of the reason we fell out with Hummel).

If it was navy or sky blue, I wouldn't mind the whole kit in those colours. Saw this a while back and thought it looked smart. Would look ok with maroon or sky blue shorts / socks.

Concept Kits on Twitter: "Bristol City Football Club home, away and third kit  concepts for the 2021/22 season. #BristolCity #WeAreTheRobins #BCFC #Bristol  #AshtonGate #Hummel #FootballKit https://t.co/pHOh38FT6z" / Twitter

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

You just know the main reason we are now with O'Neills is because they can best help Jon to show off his creativity. With that in mind I wonder if he will go all out on the away kit since the other 2 are largely based on retro designs, some interesting background patterns on the one below I wonder if City are planning something similar and can they be trusted to make it look ok?

He hasn’t got any creativity . Pretty much every kit he’s “designed” has been retro 

• Flames 1

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

He hasn’t got any creativity . Pretty much every kit he’s “designed” has been retro 

If I was being kind I would say some of the keeper shirts have been quite creative down the years, and if we were to overlook that it looks completely awful you could say the same with the badge on the away shirt. I just wonder if a background pattern could be on the away as they seem to be the in thing right now going from quite a few clubs last season... https://www.premierleague.com/news/2611397#! , and O'Neills look to be geared up to provide pretty much anything we ask for like this.

47 minutes ago, glynriley said:

If it was navy or sky blue, I wouldn't mind the whole kit in those colours. Saw this a while back and thought it looked smart. Would look ok with maroon or sky blue shorts / socks.

Concept Kits on Twitter: "Bristol City Football Club home, away and third kit  concepts for the 2021/22 season. #BristolCity #WeAreTheRobins #BCFC #Bristol  #AshtonGate #Hummel #FootballKit https://t.co/pHOh38FT6z" / Twitter

If we had that, there is a decent chance I'd get one.

1 hour ago, Baba Yaga said:

I really like this, but whether you like it or not, the quality appears a million miles away from the stuff they've done for us.

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Far too West Ham or Scunthorpe for me, these colours.

18 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

I don’t know if this is in @Bcfcshags remit. Given we already have our home and third kit - I don’t think the club will be in any rush to announce either.

Still, something to look forward to in a quiet summer. What are people hoping for? I’m hoping for black but predicting purple and lime. 

When the 3rd kit goal keeping socks from 2008 are back in stock

• Admin
1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

....and that was part of the reason we fell out with Hummel

It was much simpler why "we" fell out with them

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

I honestly thought this was something to do with Villa

19 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I hope its not black. Most of the times it gets worn is a midweek away game and I just feel as if the players blend in with the crowd. 

We seem to be quite stuck on our away colours which we just rotate. I'd like to see us try a new and different colour.

Your going to be disappointed ☹️

On 09/06/2023 at 10:07, Spike said:

I don't want purple and lime despite it being by far my favourite option, mainly because I can't stand O'Neills and would rather see a people and lime kit when they're gone. 

I'm still irritated that we've had some of our best kits to date under Hummel and got rid of them for a piss poor company who seem to think feathers on a goalkeepers kit is clever or good design.

Mate, it’s not oneills design it’s lansdown junior…. 100%of the blame goes to him on design.. oh… let’s give the fans retro again and again and again… he’s unqualified, bored and with nothing to do other than piss about with his own media company and 2nd rate yes men creatives… get rid.

On 09/06/2023 at 10:07, Negan said:

Hoping O’Neills provide something better next season, can give them a bit of slack for this seasons as it would have all been quite short notice. So fingers crossed they are saving the away kit reveal for either that big 15 million pound signing we’ll make or Alex Scott signing a new deal telling us he’s not going anywhere DiCaprio style. 

Personally I don’t think we should be giving anyone in the supply chain any slack for a substandard product that they want £50 for. It’s inexcusable.

On 08/06/2023 at 19:02, BCFCGav said:

Look forward to?! Have you seen the rest of the stuff?