IGNORED

interview with former goaly len bond

Saw Len play at Villa Park during a time Cash was injured. Poor bugger had a horrible collision in the first half and could barely stand but he managed to hobble out for the second half (no back up keepers in them days). Had three slammed past him, but considering he was playing on one leg he did very well 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Saw Len play at Villa Park during a time Cash was injured. Poor bugger had a horrible collision in the first half and could barely stand but he managed to hobble out for the second half (no back up keepers in them days). Had three slammed past him, but considering he was playing on one leg he did very well 

That was the period when due to injuries, we had three different goalies in three games.

Hmm; a good quiz question; Complete this trio; Cashley, Bond and ?

Len Bond played in this game at Craven Cottage in 73/74 season, Cashley had a late injury and poor Len had been ill with tonsillitis but was dragged off his sick bed to play as there were no other options. He unfortunately made an error which was responsible for the first goal

• Robin 1

12 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Remember being there for the Len Bond game at Villa Park.

I followed City there several times in the div.1 days.

The match I remember most was our first visit, which was almost certainly the Len Bond game. I was in a side stand and the City fans were half way up what I remember as a big open terrace, completely surrounded by Villa fans all match. 

Pretty sure that end had been redeveloped with a roof the next time we played there.

13 hours ago, 22A said:

That was the period when due to injuries, we had three different goalies in three games.

Hmm; a good quiz question; Complete this trio; Cashley, Bond and ?

Was thinking Bob Wardle but having googled him found he was a third choice keeper at the time, but never made an appearance. Has to be either an aging Gibson, or a young Shaw.