IGNORED

Bellingham to Real

SecretSam

Okay Real Madrid while still rebuilding in some areas are doing so with a certain level of strength and style.

Bellingham, Camavinga, Tchoumenani and Valverde their midfield for next 5-10. Kroos if he stays age 33 can be a bit of an elder statesman for a few years. Modric is almost at the end now surely. One more year?

Like Benzema who has now gone, he I assume their best laid plans were for him to stay one more season then get Mbappe next year ideally on a free. He's gone to Saudi Arabia but that is out of the window but a theoretical attack, front 3 of Vinicius Jr-Mbappe-Rodrygo very good. Some good commercial potential too with the first 2 and Bellingham.

53 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

A fantastic move, and one the should help the national team..

It would be great to see Kane move their aswell, not sure if he has the drive or ambition of Bellingham though.

I think it's a bigger move for Kane. He has a family and it's not just decision. 

6 hours ago, Super said:

I think it's a bigger move for Kane. He has a family and it's not just decision. 

True. Although again it does go back to ambition for me family or not.. Kane could go to Madrid for what 3 or 4 years max, realistically win the Champions league and domestic titles and then still come back to England and get Shearer’s record (if he is that determined to break it).

Appreciate Kane has a family but this isn’t your average joe moving away for work is it lets be honest. 

It’s a 2 hour flight away on a private jet, his family are going to want for absolutely nothing out there aswell.. If the deal is on the table for Kane to go to Real Madrid and he declines it for family reasons again i think the world of football will look at it as a bit of a cop out IMO. A man with zero trophies to his name and at 29 he simply has to go for me.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

True. Although again it does go back to ambition for me family or not.. Kane could go to Madrid for what 3 or 4 years max, realistically win the Champions league and domestic titles and then still come back to England and get Shearer’s record (if he is that determined to break it).

Appreciate Kane has a family but this isn’t your average joe moving away for work is it lets be honest. 

It’s a 2 hour flight away on a private jet, his family are going to want for absolutely nothing out there aswell.. If the deal is on the table for Kane to go to Real Madrid and he declines it for family reasons again i think the world of football will look at it as a bit of a cop out IMO. A man with zero trophies to his name and at 29 he simply has to go for me.

Quite apart from any footballing reasons, Madrid is a quite beautiful city and North Madrid, where a lot of the footballers and music/TV stars live, is magnificent.

He could rent a beautiful, luxurious house with pool etc.for his young family and spend two or three years in a warm and welcoming culture, a life experience I am sure his family would look back on very favourably.

We shall see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

I don’t think it’s Shearer’s record Kane is targeting. I reckon he’s going for the all time top flight record (Jimmy Greaves), and I think he thinks he can get it. It would need him to stay fit pretty much every season into his mid-30s, but it’s not an impossible target if he keeps getting 30 per season. 

That said, if Real Madrid come calling I sincerely hope he goes there. 

1 hour ago, Bris Red said:

The other factor too is that Real Madrid are and have been for some years, keen on Mbappe. He is also keen  on them seemingly.

Mbappe also 24, 25- could be the face of Madrid for the next decade along with Vinicius Jr and Bellingham of course.

Surely they wouldn't try to sign both Mbappe and Kane?? For fees in the one summer. If they did though, what a stacked squad. Their attack with Asensio, Benzema and Hazard leaving has thinned out a little in attacking areas.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

14 hours ago, marcofisher said:

You mean being part of the rebuild of a team who only last won the champions league a year ago and has the most wins of the competition in history? He is young enough to live through a number of great squads/eras with Real. I don’t see how it can’t be considered good from a footballing perspective.

Bloody lucky to win it though, was absolutely shocked. Additionally, although they did win, most of the squad are on their last legs, at least at the most elite level. I’d argue only a handful of current players can continue for the mid, even short term future, let alone long.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He can play along the front Mbappe. Will be interesting to see how they solve thst one- he wants to play for Real Madrid who in turn vastly want him.

He can, but at least very recently, publicly said he definitively wants to play on the left. It doesn’t seem to make sense with Jr there currently, but what do I know, I’m sure they must have a plan.. although with Ancelotti close to the boot, who knows?

edit: to add further, and somewhat public opinion, but Madrid seem to be a squad of superstars, rather than a team, so maybe they’re just buying as much quality as possible, without thought for roles(?)

Edited by Marcus Aurelius

7 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Bloody lucky to win it though, was absolutely shocked. Additionally, although they did win, most of the squad are on their last legs, at least at the most elite level. I’d argue only a handful of current players can continue for the mid, even short term future, let alone long.

They are Real Madrid and have won it 5 times in the last decade. While I agree that the current squad is dated. It would be naive to think that they will not rebuild and come again. Bellingham will know that and it's easy to forget that he is still only 19, 2 months older than Scott! If it takes a couple of seasons for Real to freshen up the squad (I don't think it will given the Kane/Mbappe rumours) then he is still a youngster.

10 hours ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

I really hope Jude Bellingham inspires other English players to move abroad. It can only be good for the national team 

To be fair, we’ve seen quite a few make the move over to Europe in the last 6 years or so. I hope it continues and it will only benefit their careers and English football all together.

One to watch is Iling-Junior at Juventus. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not abour Bellingham but about Mbappe and Madrid..

As per Le Equipe PSG will be selling Mbappe with FFP in mind. Wonders will never cease although it has taken a very long time to bring them to heel.

This is more what Madrid need. Bellingham is a fab signing but midfield was probably their strongest area prior to his joining, it certainly is now.

With Benzema gone they need to consider attack, if they can bring in Mbappe and a more central player that's one hell of a front line along with Vinicius.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

As per Le Equipe PSG will be selling Mbappe with FFP in mind. Wonders will never cease although it has taken a very long time to bring them to heel.

If Real don’t want to spend, could Bayern afford him if their pursuit of Kane doesn’t go anywhere? Chelsea will probably throw money in an attempt for it to happen, Man City probably could as well. Glazers won’t while they’re still incharge and if it’s the Qatari’s bid that wins it’s probably not before the window shuts, Arsenal seem to be spending their resources elsewhere, Liverpool unlikely and Tottenham ha, unless Newcastle go all out for it. 

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

If Real don’t want to spend, could Bayern afford him if their pursuit of Kane doesn’t go anywhere? Chelsea will probably throw money in an attempt for it to happen, Man City probably could as well. Glazers won’t while they’re still incharge and if it’s the Qatari’s bid that wins it’s probably not before the window shuts, Arsenal seem to be spending their resources elsewhere, Liverpool unlikely and Tottenham ha, unless Newcastle go all out for it. 

If no Kane, probably they could, they've made a profit for who knows how many years? Surely miles and miles clear of FFP. However they don't go past certain limits.

Man United have FFP questions unbelievably but that £149m pre tax loss in 2021-22 makes the next cycle quite interesting. Man City could but probably won't, Arsenal already spent quite big this year, Newcastle IMO aren't in a position financially yet, Tottenham no chance. Was linked with Liverpool a while back.

Man City v Liverpool, Guardiola v Klopp, Haaland v Mbappe?? What a matchup over a season that would be.

9 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

This is more what Madrid need. Bellingham is a fab signing but midfield was probably their strongest area prior to his joining, it certainly is now.

With Benzema gone they need to consider attack, if they can bring in Mbappe and a more central player that's one hell of a front line along with Vinicius.

Disagree, Klose Modric & co are past it IMO, Vinny Jr is top #3 LW in the world and Mbappe is not a necessity 

2 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Disagree, Klose Modric & co are past it IMO, Vinny Jr is top #3 LW in the world and Mbappe is not a necessity 

Yep Kroos and Modric are on the way out but that only tells a small story of their midfield strength.

Tchouameni - best young dm in the world.

Camavinga - young cm (albeit used at LB last season), massive ceiling.

Valverde - fantastic young dynamic cm. 

And now Bellingham. They’re transitioning from the best midfield in the world (Casemiro, Kroos, Modric) to the new best midfield in the world (Tchouameni, Bellingham, Valverde).

Front line is much quieter, Vini and Rodrygo both fantastic but Asensio is leaving and new signing Joselu is unlikely to be of required quality. Hence, go get Mbappe. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Front line is much quieter, Vini and Rodrygo both fantastic but Asensio is leaving and new signing Joselu is unlikely to be of required quality. Hence, go get Mbappe. 

The only problem is that Mbappe doesn't want to play as a central striker, as he made clear to PSG.

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

The only problem is that Mbappe doesn't want to play as a central striker, as he made clear to PSG.

Which does complicate matters. They should’ve gone all in for Firmino imo. Free transfer, and can play central facilitating the two wingers. If they’d managed to sort that and Mbappe, and played a front 3 of Mbappe, Firmino, Vini in front of the prior mentioned midfield… damn.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I wouldn’t read too much in to that.

PSG’ President issued a statement today saying that they want Mbappé to stay, but that he must sign a new contract next week, or within the next two weeks maximum, failing which they would ‘seek’ to sell him, rather than let him leave for free at the end of the season.

Mbappé, who is currently on holiday in America, has stated that he wants to stay with PSG for one more season, to honour his contract, but will not be signing a new one.

Presumably, all will become clear in the next week or two….

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I wouldn’t read too much in to that.

PSG’ President issued a statement today saying that they want Mbappé to stay, but that he must sign a new contract next week, or within the next two weeks maximum, failing which they would ‘seek’ to sell him, rather than let him leave for free at the end of the season.

Mbappé, who is currently on holiday in America, has stated that he wants to stay with PSG for one more season, to honour his contract, but will not be signing a new one.

Presumably, all will become clear in the next week or two….

Thanks, that clarifies some aspects.

From an outsider looking in it is weird with PSG, most years there is chatter abour FFP but they hit the spending accelerator post Covid, and smashed all sensible limits. Sure they frontloaded some costs but that gave  a huge cost..

When a side in the 3rd year posts a €375m pre tax loss frontloading some or not, that should be severely punished! Juventus too got off too lightly.

Tbis was in the season following Covid most revenues will have bounced back.

Varied deparures plus Messi and Ramos but Skriniar and Asensio in free, Ugarte €50m and reportedly that Mallorca player whose name escapes me plus the past losses will cost.

Oh and the cost of firing Galtier and hiring Enrique, surely a major sale must follow. Maybe more than one.

I'm assuming French and Qatari ties play a role at domestic level if there is some leniency.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks, that clarifies some aspects.

From an outsider looking in it is weird with PSG, most years there is chatter abour FFP but they hit the spending accelerator post Covid, and smashed all sensible limits. Sure they frontloaded some costs but that gave  a huge cost..

When a side in the 3rd year posts a €375m pre tax loss frontloading some or not, that should be severely punished! Juventus too got off too lightly.

Tbis was in the season following Covid most revenues will have bounced back.

Varied deparures plus Messi and Ramos but Skriniar and Asensio in free, Ugarte €50m and reportedly that Mallorca player whose name escapes me plus the past losses will cost.

Oh and the cost of firing Galtier and hiring Enrique, surely a major sale must follow. Maybe more than one.

I'm assuming French and Qatari ties play a role at domestic level if there is some leniency.

As I've posted before Paris Saint-Germain chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi is a member of the UEFA Executive Committee. Though naturally the fact that they have got off virtually Scot free is in no way connected to this fact.

• Like 1