IGNORED

Kane Wilson to Derby - Confirmed

2 hours ago, BLRed said:

Bolton playing silly buggers. Know we don’t want him so trying to use a ‘dodgy medical’ as a way of reducing fee

Wilson has had a serious injury and an op which a medical would show up. 

There's no professional club that would do what you suggest.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

More chance of them enticing Sergeant Wilson...

Bristol Rovers secure signing of James Wilson after late attempt from rivals to hijack move

Just now, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Bristol Rovers secure signing of James Wilson after late attempt from rivals to hijack move

That's fresh off Bristol live 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So a bloke who say “no idea”, follows the sentence with “dodgy medical”.  How do you go from not knowing to that?

Just an assumption, but Wilson has had well documented injury issues and didn't he have an op last season (?), maybe the poster is jumping to the conclusion of a dodgy medical.

Didn't NP also say that he would have to manage his injury during his career ?

Either way, I hope he gets the transfer for his sake and his career - doesn't look as if he's going to get much game time here.

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Just an assumption, but Wilson has had well documented injury issues and didn't he have an op last season (?), maybe the poster is jumping to the conclusion of a dodgy medical.

Either way, I hope he gets the transfer for his sake and his career - doesn't look as if he's going to get much game time here.

Yeah, I’m more questioning how someone goes from no idea to then writing dodgy medical.  Maybe a question mark at the end helps?

19 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I am sure any future suitor will have done a thorough investigation well before arriving at the medical stage. Any club would be completely aware of the historic details of injuries of a prospective signing, any deal would be done with this in mind. ( pay as you play for example. :yawn:

On 20/06/2023 at 13:07, Jimbo123 said:

I just worry with Pearson that tactically what might have worked for him 10 years ago at Leicester probably won't do now, as the game has moved on.

I can't think of many, if any teams in recent years that have won promotion from this league without full backs contributing in an attacking sense? Look at what Dallas and Ayling were doing for Leeds, they were basically playing as wingers.

I agree, it's all about balance in the team. Which is why Wilson/Tanner is a much better balance in terms of attacking/defensive than having Wilson and McCrorie, I think.

Nige has shown at every club that he's been at that he is able to adapt tactically. 

On 20/06/2023 at 13:33, Jimbo123 said:

Houllier was at Liverpool 25 years ago, as I said the game and modern requirement of a full back has moved on. 

I'm not simplifying it to say "the best teams have the best players" - I'm saying the best teams have full backs that can meet the attacking demands of a side that want to become a top team.

Giles I agree on, but he was excellent for Cardiff too in a side that didn't have a lot of possession and weren't half as good. As was Drameh, who is like a right sided Giles.

I have done.

Go through my posts, I posted the information on here that he's been told he's surplus to requirements and will be leaving and people didn't believe the information.

Man City won the treble with playing 4 cbs. Yes Stones stepped into midfield but they essentially won the treble playing without full backs. So it's not true that the best teams have attacking fullbacks because the best team in 20 odd years won the treble without attacking fullbacks. 

Could Nige be planning on a similar sort of system? Pring free to get forward and do whatever and McCrorie takes up a cb position when we attack? 

Atkinson and Dickie both like to bring the ball forward too so having the defensive cover of McCrorie could be useful. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 6

Everyone seems to have missed this from yesterday, so I’ll share 

"There’s been speculation about Kane,” Pearson added. “The deal wasn’t concluded, it’s as simple as that. When we make changes to the squad when players come in, clearly that might affect one or two players that are already here. Kane had the opportunity to speak with Bolton, and the deal wasn’t concluded, and he’ll be here."

• Like 2

Yes, saw that.  I’m sure there will be other clubs after him now Bolton have pulled out.  They signed Dacres-Cogley from Tranmere, also a RWB, so you’d think that was knowing that Kane wasn’t going to sign.

Big question for City is whether someone else will pay his wages, like Bolton were going to do.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, saw that.  I’m sure there will be other clubs after him now Bolton have pulled out.  They signed Dacres-Cogley from Tranmere, also a RWB, so you’d think that was knowing that Kane wasn’t going to sign.

Big question for City is whether someone else will pay his wages, like Bolton were going to do.

Derby wanted him but as they thought he was going to Bolton they opted to sign Joe Ward instead.

Not a bad player but not as good as Wilson I don't think.

If Bolton pulled out after 'doing due diligence' it would seem to indicate a problem with Wilson's fitness.

If the medical showed up problems it's unlikely he'd pass one at another club either.

NP said he'd have to manage his injury for the rest of his career, but added this is not an uncommon situation apparently.

Perhaps it will be a case of Wilson managing this injury for the rest of his contract with the player hopefully 'coming good' to the extent he is an asset to City while at the same time proving to other clubs he can stay fit.

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If Bolton pulled out after 'doing due diligence' it would seem to indicate a problem with Wilson's fitness.

If the medical showed up problems it's unlikely he'd pass one at another club either.

NP said he'd have to manage his injury for the rest of his career, but added this is not an uncommon situation apparently.

Perhaps it will be a case of Wilson managing this injury for the rest of his contract with the player hopefully 'coming good' to the extent he is an asset to City while at the same time proving to other clubs he can stay fit.

All the reports point to agreeing a fee being the issue.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

All the reports point to agreeing a fee being the issue.

This is just my guess of the situation.  Clubs initially agree fee, goes up does the medical which shows up something.  Would imagine the injury Pearson was talking about.  Bolton come back to city and say we will still take him but try to lower the fee or the fee is all made up of appearance based payments.  City weren’t having it.   

Due to the initial reporting that fee agreed and he was up there for a medical suggests it’s something to do with the medical.  I’m pretty sure clubs can’t say he failed a medical either due to medical confidentiality.

6 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I think McCrorie and Tanner will have the RB spot to lose. L1 loan, SPL loan might work well for us here. There's talent there and it keeps him on the books while sparing us a portion of his wages for a year. 

I think we see tanner starting and vyner as back up rb as we now have dickie for that rcb role. I see McCrorie as more of a midfielder that could pop up with the odd goal like he did for Aberdeen. 
cm options of James, Naismith, Williams and McCrorie is pretty strong with some others pushing them or covering for injuries. I don’t see king getting much game time this season