IGNORED

Kane Wilson to Derby - Confirmed

7 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Overweight and injured a lot. Cheerio. Especially if for a profit. 
Lots of words said from Pearson last season would lead me to think he wasnt best pleased with him at various times of the season so this seems and obvious sale to me to be fair. 

I too was thinking that NP didn't seem to happy with his efforts to get fit but that might be an injustice. It does however appear to be one of those moves that just didn't work out for either party. If he moves on it may be for the best. 

Just now, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I too was thinking that NP didn't seem to happy with his efforts to get fit but that might be an injustice. It does however appear to be one of those moves that just didn't work out for either party. If he moves on it may be for the best. 

Nigel said several times that Wilson needed to learn to manage his injury. Perhaps Nigel feels he failed to do that.

Assuming he’s off, just one of those things.

I was there pre-season when he went over on his ankle against Exeter.  The probably cost him starting the season.  Sykes came in, did well, Kane then picks up knee injury.  The rest is history.

It’s possible Nige’s words didn’t have the desired effect, and it looks like time to move on.

Possible options:

Coventry, need a RWB.

Plymouth, ditto.

Cardiff, they’ll take anyone!

League One, pretty much everyone would take him if a deal could be struck.

Just now, An Outstanding Human said:

Will go to either Plymouth or Exeter I reckon; was on loan with Exeter a few years ago 

Exeter look like are losing Josh Key to Swansea.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Assuming he’s off, just one of those things.

I was there pre-season when he went over on his ankle against Exeter.  The probably cost him starting the season.  Sykes came in, did well, Kane then picks up knee injury.  The rest is history.

It’s possible Nige’s words didn’t have the desired effect, and it looks like time to move on.

Possible options:

Coventry, need a RWB.

Plymouth, ditto.

Cardiff, they’ll take anyone!

League One, pretty much everyone would take him if a deal could be struck.

Exeter look like are losing Josh Key to Swansea.

I reckon he come in thinking ‘ this position is mine for the taking’ then injury happened and maybe his head just dropped. Shame tho.

20 minutes ago, An Outstanding Human said:

Will go to either Plymouth or Exeter I reckon; was on loan with Exeter a few years ago 

No way could Exeter pay his current wages or afford the fee we would want.

Plymouth much more likely, Rotherham & Derby would be my 2 other guesses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Perhaps a player exchange with Derby would work?

They are very rare these days but certainly an adjustment of the fee for Knight makes sense if they do end up going in opposite directions.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

He’s been working really hard since end of the season.  Been in gym, one to one and small sessions with personal trainer pretty much everyday.  Certainly putting the work in. 

Hopefully gets a second chance here,  he’s got the ability. Prob more suited to rw spot for us. 

• Like 6

One of those things, hasn’t worked out for a load of reasons. Bought his ‘forever home’ back in the midlands and his partner and kid have been back there basically all season. He’s been rehabbing and training by himself back home for quite a while it sounds like. Would be amazed if he’s not back at a club nearby there either on loan or perm. 

2 hours ago, An Outstanding Human said:

Argyle are a very good shout with their current Mumba-shaped hole in their squad.

Shame it didn't work out here, wish him all the best if he's indeed on his way out.

2 hours ago, Stockwood gate said:

Never got that impression last week when I spoke to him on the train back from New Street he was looking forward to getting fit and pushing on next season 

Perhaps he was thinking of pushing on somewhere else , a shame imo as he looked the goods earlier, oh well 'Life goes On' :thumbsup: