IGNORED

Malta v England

MarcusX

Yawn.....I suppose the only benefit of a game like this is that it gives the Malta lads a night out?   Everyone knew it would be 4 or 5 nil, so it's pretty much a pointless exercise?  I don't understand why they don't give the minor nations a tournament of their own, as it would at least give some of them a possible chance to win something?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I don’t know what people expect, the comments about England being boring are almost as tedious as someone saying the OS is the only site for official news…

Comprehensive win without too much difficulty. Don’t forget we used to make these types of games look difficult 

• Like 6

Does this type of game really benefit either team and we are playing North Macedonia on Sunday or Monday night.

Surely it’s about time the whole qualification thing was ripped up and started again. Perhaps a different competition for the countries ranked in the bottom 50 or so in world football.

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Mrdc said:

Does this type of game really benefit either team and we are playing North Macedonia on Sunday or Monday night.

Surely it’s about time the whole qualification thing was ripped up and started again. Perhaps a different competition for the countries ranked in the bottom 50 or so in world football.

North Macedonia stopped Italy from getting to the WC didn't they?

• Like 1

I know what you mean, and while some part of me agrees, the only way to improve is to play sides better than you. 
I know that, on the other side it does no one any good to get battered every game , but the last time they got a hiding was 12 games ago. Italy only put 2 past them.  

Went 6 years ago great holiday but the game was awful so didn’t bother this time 

3 points and a clean sheet is what it’s all about so can’t complain 

lots of city over there from what iv seen and read but there normally always is and good to see beanie,s wife is still flying the flag for the great man 

safe trip home 

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

11 hours ago, MarcusX said:

No thread on this yet?

Bit disappointing as this was one I really wanted to go to but couldn’t get tickets, one of my best mates is Maltese and we all went out on a football trip a few years back. Great place for a “lads” trip that’s less common than the usual.

No Man City players starting tonight, punishment or just additional rest as their season finished later?

Interesting to see Trent looking like he’s in a midfield role from the line up I’ve seen.

Cant see past a big win for England here

I didn't know it was on until this morning when I saw the score!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He’s Albanian! ???

Of course he is, and I should probably have added a ? at the end of my post.

I know it is often described as the lowest form of wit, but I was actually being sarcastic when I replied to @SecretSam.

You may recall that, a few days ago, there was some discussion on here about City players' upcoming games in Europe, and a Bristol Live article by James Piercy (I think) referred to Anis as being Armenian.

It was this article I was referencing, so I hope I have now satisfied @MarcusX's confusion ?.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, maxjak said:

Yawn.....I suppose the only benefit of a game like this is that it gives the Malta lads a night out?   Everyone knew it would be 4 or 5 nil, so it's pretty much a pointless exercise?  I don't understand why they don't give the minor nations a tournament of their own, as it would at least give some of them a possible chance to win something?

A decent idea.

However, the other side of the coin is that we would probably get bored watching England play the same opposition over and over again, e.g. Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Holland etc..

This could have a detrimental effect upon the times we then meet them in major tournaments, as both sides would know each other inside out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

A decent idea.

However, the other side of the coin is that we would probably get bored watching England play the same opposition over and over again, e.g. Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Holland etc..

This could have a detrimental effect upon the times we then meet them in major tournaments, as both sides would know each other inside out.

Fair enough....but i have to say that i get bored to the point of tedium watching England play no-hopers like Luxembourg, San Marino. Malta, Latvia, Estonia..........and Wales (Ha!! Couldn't resist it)

• Like 1