IGNORED

Thoughts/Predictions for the 23/24 Championship season

The hand of RO'D

On paper it looks like one of the toughest championship lineups in a long time.

If we have aspirations for a top 6 finish this year, it would be one hell of an achievement with the teams that are in it. I can only single out Rotherham and QPR as potentially weak teams.

So, what’s everyone’s thoughts?

I can’t look past Leicester for the title. a huge club with parachute payments and now a manager, albeit rookie, with top class coaching and play style.

Dark horses, as much as it pains me to say, I’m going for Ipswich. 
I can see Millwall having a tough season after overachieving for the last 2 as well as Leeds who will have a tough time with losing a lot of high earners and a relegation hangover.

0918CCE2-210B-41C7-A36D-7E9FCC06C939.png

Edited by The hand of RO'D

Very tough and very even Championship season coming up. City will do well to make the top 10, that would be progress for us.

From day one any team can beat anyone else, Rotherham could beat Southampton for example.

There's usually one or two surprises so I'll say PNE for the play-offs & Blackburn to struggle

It’s a tough division, as always. A team that wins it need strength in depth, a solid club and a lot of luck. ( the latter which kind of rules us out! ) 

Does that describe Leicester ? Possibly although their choice of coach could easily backfire on them. 
There are some big hitters in the Championship, Leeds and Sunderland have huge support .Ipswich, Norwich , Middlesbrough would all think they are Prem clubs in waiting.
I think Plymouth will suffer with the step up and would be one of the ones to go down. Rotherham lack strength in depth but they are proverbial yo-yos so have the experience to dig in may be they’ll stay up but it will be very tough for them as usual.QPR are in a difficult place at the moment and may just not have enough to save themselves this season. 

What gives me hope for our challenge is the stability and progression of our club.Many of our opponents are in transition Norwich, Swansea, Blackburn, Coventry… the teams coming up may struggle early on to adapt to the pace by then we could be established in the top six . 
Bring it on I say. 
:boxing:

Solid top half of the table finish would be good. Chances of finishing in play-off places - pretty unlikely I'd say. Automatic promotion - get out of here!!

It's a very competitive division next season and we still have some way to go before we're ready to be strong contenders for promotion.

That said, we are on an upward trajectory and I remain confident that further improvements will be made.

The Championship is going to be something of a thriller in 23/24 I think.

• Like 1

Can see us top six. Defence have to be good and avoid errors. Our young lads is getting one season older and hopefully better, we have lots of goalscorer. Sykes getting better and Mehmeti can be the player that makes difference. Wells, Weimanns legs still fast. Our team still in progress, we showed we can play good effective football.  This season we maybe gets some pens too, he he.