IGNORED

Fixture Release Day (22/06)

Jimbo123

35 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Back to those stupid 5 o clock kick offs on a Sunday? 

If I was an Ipswich fan I'd be absolutely fuming with that. 5 o clock kick off on the Sunday for first game of the season and then a 5 hour journey home. 

Screenshot_20230622_093239.jpg

That's only there because the PL doesn't start until the following week. It won't be a regular thing.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Not really, if you were that upset, you just wouldn't go.

That's not really the point is it? Football fans shouldn't be getting home at midnight on a Sunday for a weekend game. That's ridiculous. 

Man City fans kicked up a stink because of the kick of time of the Community shield until the FA changed the kick off time and then the EFL go and do this. 

Looking forward to another EFL beauty following Norwich away on a Wednesday night and Burnley on the Saturday last season. 
Oh, look: Rotherham away on Wednesday 4 October; Leeds away on Saturday 7 October. Leeds, meanwhile, home on the Wednesday night before the play us. Ridiculous schedule. 
SL might have to splash out on a few nights’ accommodation in Yorkshire. 

55 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Well I'm happy with Leicester away on a Saturday in September. 

That's also a long way from the toughest August we could have been handed, so hopefully we can get some points on the board early while the sun shines.

Completely true.

I’m interested to see how we do in the away games, difficult to improve on our results against Preston & Birmingham at home but evidence of being harder to score against away would be encouraging.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

Looking forward to another EFL beauty following Norwich away on a Wednesday night and Burnley on the Saturday last season. 
Oh, look: Rotherham away on Wednesday 4 October; Leeds away on Saturday 7 October. Leeds, meanwhile, home on the Wednesday night before the play us. Ridiculous schedule. 
SL might have to splash out on a few nights’ accommodation in Yorkshire. 

Looking good for a 4/5 night break in Yorkshire, just before the International break. Tempting.

• Like 1

For those who fancy a short break up North; October away to Rotherham on a Wednesday and Leeds on the Saturday. Then in December; Huddersfeld on a Saturday and Blackburn on the Tuesday.

Forget which train, instead, which hotel / B&B we all staying at?

9 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

Agreed next year there's what 6 or 7 championship matches on TV over every  weekend period  at different times and days etc..

The only positive is I think they said the TV schedule would be fixed a lot earlier so less uncertainty/mucking up of plans, e.g. TV matches until Christmas would be fixed at the start of the season. 

Experimental361's difficulty matrix - which is based on bookies' average predicted finishing positions. No team in the top half for us until game 6 (WBA home), and no long stretch of playing teams predicted to finish in the top 6 either.

Obviously bookies predictions at this stage are likely a load of rubbish, but it is what it is. It also shows that our current average predicted finishing spot is 18th. Feels a little harsh to me.

QPR, Millwall, Coventry and Huddersfield handed rough opening months.