IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

33 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Yes, it would seem that you don't have NFC on your phone.

Thank you for confirming have requested a physical card ,

For reference I have a 3 year old android phone, it's a Tesco one so I guess must be basic 

I don't think anyone has any kind of problem with people who are elderly / disabled / whatever and need a physical ticket having one.

I think people are rolling their eyes at the snowflakes (;)) demanding a ticket just because they want one for some reason, so are lying on a form designed for the above groups.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 3
  • Flames 3

14 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

So if so many of us don't have a suitable phone, what is the point of changing the entry to stadium method? The club is acting very stupidly IMO!

It's a shame that many of our supporters are so sarcastic about those of us who are significantly older than many of our supporters. We are not stupid old cretins. Then again supporting City for seventy years probably does say a lot for my intelligence!

It's always the fans who come every match who suffer, not those with pots of money who can afford phones that cost an arm and a leg. The fans who have always paid their way with turnstile operators, clerical staff and Directors taking their share of the "gate money" which was one of the reasons for 1982. And who got us back on track? People like me who put his total savings account(£90) in new shares. 

Well said,I can't believe that there are supporters that would call themselves left leaning politically but are happy with the further gentrification of our club and football in general. Shame on them.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

You mean this post that just so happens to be (as far as I can tell) the post in these 10 pages that had the most interactions and seemingly agreeing 'likes'?

image.thumb.png.c01651cec104142b8023987d646eba74.png

As I explained my answers to the questions agree with what I said there.

No I don't need a physical one, I want one. So I answered the questions in the survey in a way that allows me to do that.

Quite simple.

As Boris Johnson used to say…..

• Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

If the choice is between a £500 phone purely to use for a digital ticket, or paying £10 for a card, then I'd have thought the choice was pretty obvious!

And I don't buy the 'old uns can't do it' line. Not saying your uncle wouldn't have a problem, but my 90 year old neighbour does all her shopping on line.

Seriously, I'd be happy to bung that fiver for anyone who genuinely can't (as I've already said): what I'm less happy about is bunging a fiver to those who "can't be arsed" to quote an earlier post. Figure out how to distinguish between the two and I'll be quite happy.

The old 'uns can't do it line is a genuine issue. My uncle wouldn't know where to start in operating a smart phone whereas I have an 80 year old neighbour who is tech savvy like your 90 year old neighbour. That doesn't mean everyone should be expected to operate one.

In a similar vein I do not use my phone to pay for goods whereas I know many do and wouldn't be overly impressed if (and probably inevitably when no doubt) my Bank start charging me extra for the privilege of having a debit card on my current account.

The club will decide but I'm certainly not looking or expecting to pay less on my season ticket because I have, can use and am willing to use a smart phone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I understand your point, but just want to clarify that you certainly don't need to spend £500 on a smartphone.

No doubt you plucked this figure out of the air for dramatic affect, fair enough if you need to emphasise your point. But I don't want mis information and scaremongering. You do not need an expensive phone for this technology.

Like I said, I understand your point that many people are incapable of even wanting to use a phone. But that is another issue. 

Misinformation and scaremongering..................roll on the ******* football season.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Well said,I can't believe that there are supporters that would call themselves left leaning politically but are happy with the further gentrification of our club and football in general. Shame on them.

What has politics got to do with the club offering something that will be easier to use for the majority of people? 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, !james said:

I would say the vast majority of people attending will have a compatible smartphone or be with someone who does (if kids tickets). 

Unfortunately whether you like it/agree with it most clubs are now going digital. For me and a lot of other people its safer and more convenient. 

There will always be a minority who cant use it and they will have to accommodate those with physical cards but i wouldn't say the club are acting 'stupidly' just moving with the times, like when it went from paper tickets to a plastic card... 

So in addition to the ST cost, we'll probably have to buy a new bloody phone every year?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

So in addition to the ST cost, we'll probably have to buy a new bloody phone every year?

Where have I said that? I haven't upgraded my Samsung phone since 2018...

You can still request a physical card if you don't have a smartphone...

Edited by !james

Must admit I’m liking my digital season ticket. Easy process. One less thing to carry in my pocket. Will be able to forward a specific match ticket to other family members who live in a different location without having to hand over the ticket in person. No worry about the ticket not arriving in the post before 5 August! 

• Like 1

Its not about wether fans can use the digital season ticket or not   But some fans prefer a nice red season card in place of taking your smartphone to every match.   If BCFC were in the premier league then I can assure you that you would NOT have any option 

54 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The old 'uns can't do it line is a genuine issue. My uncle wouldn't know where to start in operating a smart phone whereas I have an 80 year old neighbour who is tech savvy like your 90 year old neighbour. That doesn't mean everyone should be expected to operate one.

In a similar vein I do not use my phone to pay for goods whereas I know many do and wouldn't be overly impressed if (and probably inevitably when no doubt) my Bank start charging me extra for the privilege of having a debit card on my current account.

The club will decide but I'm certainly not looking or expecting to pay less on my season ticket because I have, can use and am willing to use a smart phone.

Yes: I didn’t mean to suggest that it’s never an issue. Apologies if that’s how it came across. It’s a genuine issue for some elderly people, just as it can be a genuine issue for some younger people too. 

Maybe it’s just a sign of my own advancing years but I get very defensive when I read anything that lumps all elderly people into being unable to manage this new fangled tech ??

Like you, I don’t use my phone to pay for things - but if it came to a nudge to do so then I’d no doubt start, and maybe a bit less reluctantly than you! 

Partly because if you’ve got a phone anyway, and compatibility issues aside, it really is so easy to use things in the wallet. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

What has politics got to do with the club offering something that will be easier to use for the majority of people? 

I just get the feeling a lot of people are adopting the 'I'm alright Jack' attitude when they should be more understanding of those less fortunate than themselves,the sort of behaviour they might accuse the wicked Tories of doing.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

I don't think anyone has any kind of problem with people who are elderly / disabled / whatever and need a physical ticket having one.

I think people are rolling their eyes at the snowflakes (;)) demanding a ticket just because they want one for some reason, so are lying on a form designed for the above groups.

I'm sure on renewal day, those moaning for the sake of it were down the ticket office waiting in line to pay for their ticket with a postal order, before sending a pigeon back home to tell the family the good news. Bet they also made the man with the red flag walking in front of their car walk a bit quicker on the way home as well.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

I just get the feeling a lot of people are adopting the 'I'm alright Jack' attitude when they should be more understanding of those less fortunate than themselves,the sort of behaviour they might accuse the wicked Tories of doing.

I’m so glad I don’t see everything in life through the eye of politics, I’ve got to be honest. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

There is an irony here. 

Society has a obsession with EDI. Humans are diverse, we have diverse challenges, we have diverse learning styles, we have diverse communication. Striving for equality and inclusion should mean progress is more person centred not less. The progress towards a one sized fits all digital society cannot be equal, diverse and inclusive. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

I don't think I've seen anyone have that attitude here - I think people are supportive of those who need an alternate solution having one. They're looking at those who don't need one, but have just decided they want one.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I don't think I've seen anyone have that attitude here - I think people are supportive of those who need an alternate solution having one. They're looking at those who don't need one, but have just decided they want one.

Really,just one for instance look at Bristol Rob's sarcasm loaded contribution three posts above, he'll be old one day

Something that people might like to know:

I downloaded my season ticket to my current iPhone earlier. I still have an old phone (no longer connected to mobile network) that I use around the house (especially bathroom as less precious!) as a wifi only device for internet radio/music etc (like an iPod touch would work). My season ticket has also popped up on the wallet on that old phone automatically so I have it on two devices. So there is clearly not going to be on an issue with changing phones in the future - it will pop up in any phone wallet on the same Apple account. 

I’m attempting what should be the relatively simple task of downloading my digital season pass to Apple Wallet but keep getting the following message “Sorry your pass cannot be installed to Passbook at this time “. 
Any ideas what to do ? 

8 minutes ago, redapple said:

I’m attempting what should be the relatively simple task of downloading my digital season pass to Apple Wallet but keep getting the following message “Sorry your pass cannot be installed to Passbook at this time “. 
Any ideas what to do ? 

I had never heard of passbook but I see this on Apple wallet article on Wikipedia 

Apple Passbook was announced at the 2012 Apple Worldwide Developers Conference on June 11, 2012, and released with iOS 6 on September 19, 2012.[2] It was renamed "Apple Wallet" with the release of iOS 9 on September 16, 2015.

so is it an old phone or on on old software? 

5 hours ago, Riaz said:

I dont see how they could make everyone use this new system.

They will have to have an easy alternative for older people, to dont bother with phones for example.

So they are going to have to print some physical cards. And then the cost to do more, cant be much

Common sense

I’m not saying they have to make everyone use their new system, but over time as more embrace it, there will become a point where the cost of producing physical season tickets will probably end up costing.  That might be initially free, then free for those who can provide a valid reason.

At some point, e.g. next season they can simply change the terms of a season ticket, you either accept or you don’t.  It happens the world over.

I have no issues with anyone and their reasons, but just don’t be surprised if the terms change at some point.

There will be winners and losers.