IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

3 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Had my email come through with my ticket yesterday, but also have 2 kids season tickets as well which haven't came through as of yet, problem is I can't remember for the life of me if when I set up their Supporter ID's years ago if they had to have their own email address or whether I had to use mine. 

I had renewed 4 tickets but only three of us had email addresses logged against our supporter ID, I phoned BCFC today and gave the missing email over the phone and the additional email to download the 4th ticket arrived a couple on minutes later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Checked this morning. It says mirror my phone in the settings, but no season cards. Maybe it’s cos I’ve got three season cards on my phone, so it can’t cope with more than one. 

I’ve got 17 various cards in my wallet, so unsure of this particular issue. If I can see what it is I’ll let you know!

Assumed I would somehow cock up the downloading of a wallet and then adding the necessary to it (not previously used my phone to pay for stuff, always whip my card out).

BLIMEY. That was straightforward.

Feel I ought to go to the pub now to make half a dozen 'test transactions' to ensure I learn how to pay using my mobile.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Assumed I would somehow cock up the downloading of a wallet and then adding the necessary to it (not previously used my phone to pay for stuff, always whip my card out).

BLIMEY. That was straightforward.

Feel I ought to go to the pub now to make half a dozen 'test transactions' to ensure I learn how to pay using my mobile.

Teat transaction successfully!

10 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Had my email come through with my ticket yesterday, but also have 2 kids season tickets as well which haven't came through as of yet, problem is I can't remember for the life of me if when I set up their Supporter ID's years ago if they had to have their own email address or whether I had to use mine. 

I had my email registered my son's record as he was toddler when I his first ST.  I just forwarded the email to him and hie downloaded it to his wallet.  

• Like 2

• Admin
9 minutes ago, BS13 Robin said:

I am in my early sixties,was a bit dubious about the digital ticket but gave in and downloaded it in about 10 seconds or so................without the help of my 8 year old Grandaughter!!

I have heard the similar thing mentioned by others 

I believe the club could have addressed people's concerns about how it works weeks ago and saved a lot of people lots of unnecessary worry 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

I believe the club could have addressed people's concerns about how it works weeks ago and saved a lot of people lots of unnecessary worry 

Yes that would have been good by the club,obviously a lot of younger people already use there phones to pay for stuff etc but it is something i have never done but may do now it looks so simple!

• Like 2

My wife and I both have Season Tickets, and we're carers for our son who has a season ticket and my wife has loaded our sons season ticket into her wallet, however I cannot do the same as it's only one wallet per season ticket.

This causes a bit of an issue for us, as sometimes only I can take my son, or it might be that I meet in her the ground. So unless I somehow transfer the ticket across to me, he's going to struggle to get in. (I await the forthcoming news on how to do that)

I'm not quite sure why we can't load the same ticket onto more than one mobile, and once one of them has redeemed the ticket by going through the turnstyle, the same ticket on another phone should then become unusable. Similar to the way you can't spend a voucher code after you've used it.

This approach would work well, especially for us, because as a family we could store all three of our ST's onto a phone each, therefore creating a back-up if one our batteries died, forgot our phones, screen gets broken, one of us not being able to attend.

We're definitely not adverse to moving with the times, we embrace it, but it could be a little more practical in nature.

• Like 3

When you hit the DETAILS button on the ticket, there's information about moving the ticket to another email account.  Could this be the way to share with someone else?  Looks like they will have to remove from their Google wallet so you can download back to your account. 

(Haven't read the whole so apologies if already shared).

Screenshot_2023-07-08-18-08-35-01_f7aa348215f5d566f9e4ca860f474209.thumb.jpg.8972f3930a8bbc68c43d516426afd2b3.jpg

2 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

When you hit the DETAILS button on the ticket, there's information about moving the ticket to another email account.  Could this be the way to share with someone else?  Looks like they will have to remove from their Google wallet so you can download back to your account. 

(Haven't read the whole so apologies if already shared).

Screenshot_2023-07-08-18-08-35-01_f7aa348215f5d566f9e4ca860f474209.thumb.jpg.8972f3930a8bbc68c43d516426afd2b3.jpg

If you log in to the Bristol Sport ticketing site, there is a 'forward' button next to each match ticket. It's currently greyed out but looks like it will be done through there, rather than through the Wallet itself. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, beaverface said:

My wife and I both have Season Tickets, and we're carers for our son who has a season ticket and my wife has loaded our sons season ticket into her wallet, however I cannot do the same as it's only one wallet per season ticket.

This causes a bit of an issue for us, as sometimes only I can take my son, or it might be that I meet in her the ground. So unless I somehow transfer the ticket across to me, he's going to struggle to get in. (I await the forthcoming news on how to do that)

I'm not quite sure why we can't load the same ticket onto more than one mobile, and once one of them has redeemed the ticket by going through the turnstyle, the same ticket on another phone should then become unusable. Similar to the way you can't spend a voucher code after you've used it.

This approach would work well, especially for us, because as a family we could store all three of our ST's onto a phone each, therefore creating a back-up if one our batteries died, forgot our phones, screen gets broken, one of us not being able to attend.

We're definitely not adverse to moving with the times, we embrace it, but it could be a little more practical in nature.

Can you not get a card for your son then you both can let your son in 

57 minutes ago, beaverface said:

On the face of it, sounds like that ticket transfer system should do what you need. I’m assuming you’ve got all your ticketing accounts linked.

The only slight doubt might be that it’s being forwarded to someone who’s already got a season ticket, so not sure whether it will cope with that.

It might be worth giving the club a call. They’ve always been really helpful whenever I’ve had a query on something like this. It seems like a fairly straightforward question. And there must be other supporters with children who might be in a similar position. 

I guess the other option is to just swap your phones around as appropriate for the day. 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Perhaps they didn't know themselves, it is a new system for us so everybody had to learn it before rolling it out?

1 hour ago, archie andrews said:

Theres the option of the card..... 

In terms of my personal convenience, i would prefer the digital option, i am quite techy as I use my phone for work constantly and use the digital wallet for shopping etc. Just think it might prove inconvenient as the club are persistent on checking tickets there and everyone who goes in there is going to have to get their phone out and get their ticket up. 

7 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

In terms of my personal convenience, i would prefer the digital option, i am quite techy as I use my phone for work constantly and use the digital wallet for shopping etc. Just think it might prove inconvenient as the club are persistent on checking tickets there and everyone who goes in there is going to have to get their phone out and get their ticket up. 

I assume we will have to but I don't see this as more difficult than having to show the card that we usually have to do, are you thinking there might be additional complexity?

20 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I assume we will have to but I don't see this as more difficult than having to show the card that we usually have to do, are you thinking there might be additional complexity?

Probably the single most irrelevant and irritating part of the AG experience for me.

I understand the checking of bags, but having to show a steward your ticket before getting to the turnstile is completely pointless.

I simply walk past and have never been challenged.

Do they check every person’s card or ticket especially near to kick off when there is a big rush to get in?

What is the point?

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

Probably the single most irrelevant and irritating part of the AG experience for me.

I understand the checking of bags, but having to show a steward your ticket before getting to the turnstile is completely pointless.

Do they check every person’s card or ticket especially near to kick off when there is a big rush to get in?

What is the point?

And why is it such an issue that you’re unable to show your card/ticket?

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

What is the point?

Sad to say I also do this.

The thing that got me with the unzipping of coats. Some stewards said they were looking for alcohol, others said explosives.

Appreciate the need to keep people safe, but if you ask them what qualifications they have in bomb detection, they can't answer it.

Found that ignoring them was easier.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sad to say I also do this.

The thing that got me with the unzipping of coats. Some stewards said they were looking for alcohol, others said explosives.

Appreciate the need to keep people safe, but if you ask them what qualifications they have in bomb detection, they can't answer it.

Found that ignoring them was easier.

It all started after the Stade de France incident, didn’t it?

And I get that big sporting events are a potential target for terrorism. But it’s all pretty half hearted and ineffective, isn’t it? It evidently fails to stop people getting flares into the ground, so I doubt it would actually stop anything more sinister. 

12 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

I think people will get used to it.  Just open the wallet before you leave the pub, or home and lock the screen with the ticket showing. Then quick unlock to show anyone.

Better still give anyone that needs to inspect tickets an NFC enabled device that could just check the ticket from a scan when your phone is presented.  No need to physically open your wallet app. 

The checking people outside the stadium must just be a box ticking exercise.

Just reading this thread proves what a waste of time it is. If anyone has got something to hide they’ll just walk past and ignore them.

It should be done properly or not at all.