IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

17 hours ago, hertsexile said:

I have got my PNE season ticket  ? image downloaded into my apple wallet. 
By the sounds of things if I am reading the above posts we have to download a new ticket image for each game ! Great if you have a Wi-Fi connection. 
If you forget to do it before arriving at the ground I can see loads of us trying to download within the useless non Wi-Fi at Ashton Gate. So hopefully the club has upgraded this to enable this to happen. 
Last season on occasions last season due to the amount of use within the stadium you couldn’t even send a text message 

If you already have the ST in your Apple wallet then all you need to do is ensure that you have automatic updates turned on in the wallet settings.  Approx 2 days before the upcoming game the ST will update to show the forthcoming fixture & it will replace the previous game.

Therefore none of your concerns are applicable. You don’t need to update anything personally, you don’t download anything yourself match by match and no Wi-Fi or 5G / 4G signal is needed on the day / at the turnstile.

• Like 2

On 12/07/2023 at 13:21, Leveller said:

I refuse to enter the ground through anything but a proper metal turnstile with a macho click and clunk mechanism.

I refuse to enter the ground though anything other than a big red gate after giving big Dave a nod and a wink and a fiver. (Joking. And I used to pay my way back in the day.)

On 12/07/2023 at 14:36, phantom said:

No arguement, proven elsewhere that is saves money to the club

People need to evolve with change and not be so afraid of it

Interesting, so not having a mobile phone is a refusing to evolve and an indicator of fear.... so, using your logic the same must apply to people that don't own a car, TV, PC, digital watch etc.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, adamski said:

Interesting, so not having a mobile phone is a refusing to evolve and an indicator of fear.... so, using your logic the same must apply to people that don't own a car, TV, PC, digital watch etc.

I'm doing just fine with my horse and cart, thank you.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, adamski said:

You still ride a penny farthing as well?

• Haha 1

Just out of interest in regards to allowing others to use our digital tickets now and again. It states that the person (using it in your stead) would have to set up a Bristol Sports account and it said something about being or having linked accounts.  I am wondering can you be linked to more than one account?

I’m thinking could one person receive two forwarded tickets to share with a friend rather than the friend having to also set up an account?

Part of the reason I ask is cos our daughter’s not having any luck getting an account created. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Just out of interest in regards to allowing others to use our digital tickets now and again. It states that the person (using it in your stead) would have to set up a Bristol Sports account and it said something about being or having linked accounts.  I am wondering can you be linked to more than one account?

I’m thinking could one person receive two forwarded tickets to share with a friend rather than the friend having to also set up an account?

Part of the reason I ask is cos our daughter’s not having any luck getting an account created. 

Yes, you can link to more than one account (my account is linked to most of our row as bought tickets for eachother at different times) but I'd very much doubt that you will be able to forward two tickets for the same game to one person.

On 13/07/2023 at 07:34, elhombrecito said:

Ah yes, the good old days when I always had to ensure that I had sufficient cash on me, and if necessary make an extra trip to the cash machine. 

Much more difficult now when I just have to have my phone on me, and can pay with a simple tap. 

Much more difficult when the system fails, you have no signal or your payment is declined even though your account is healthy. 

Did you see the queues trying to operate the new toll barriers on the Clifton Suspension Bridge last week?

16 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Much more difficult when the system fails, you have no signal or your payment is declined even though your account is healthy. 

Did you see the queues trying to operate the new toll barriers on the Clifton Suspension Bridge last week?

It's been cash free since COVID!

It's just thick people cause the queues!

On 11/07/2023 at 18:54, NickNick58 said:

I'm told that if you open your apple phone with face recognition and then double-click the side button the apple wallet will open to your stored credit/debit card which you can then use to pay without messing about anymore.  ????

ooh didn't know that! Thank you

17 minutes ago, frenchred said:

It's been cash free since COVID!

It's just thick people cause the queues!

When the barriers malfunction, you can't blame people who have no other way of paying the toll.

Ever been at the tills in a supermarket when an intelligent person is trying to use technology that fails to work?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

When the barriers malfunction, you can't blame people who have no other way of paying the toll.

Ever been at the tills in a supermarket when an intelligent person is trying to use technology that fails to work?

I was at the airport on Friday when some guy was on the intercom telling the operative what a crap system they have and the barrier won't move

The barrier was up and the guy behind had to get out of his car to tell him!

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I was at the airport on Friday when some guy was on the intercom telling the operative what a crap system they have and the barrier won't move

The barrier was up and the guy behind had to get out of his car to tell him!

Brilliant! 

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Funnily enough we went out to Seaburn on the Sunday after the Sunderland game last season, and someone rocked up on this.

IMG_20230219_121712.thumb.jpg.2d2c57d5c520d641bc2066a6df2fc696.jpg

Maybe @adamski had ridden all the way? :)

Alas no, I was still recharging my sedan chair at Leicester Forest East and attempting to pay with turnips.

• Haha 3

I’m gonna physically print my ticket for Preston and tape it to the back of my very modern smart phone and just wave it around a bit in the South stand.

Judging by this thread I reckon I’d suffer more injury than that Leeds fan celebrating in the dolman all those years ago

• Haha 1

On 17/07/2023 at 19:44, luke_bristol said:

I’m gonna physically print my ticket for Preston and tape it to the back of my very modern smart phone and just wave it around a bit in the South stand.

Judging by this thread I reckon I’d suffer more injury than that Leeds fan celebrating in the dolman all those years ago

I think you’re an old luddite……but that did make me laugh ?

• Thanks 1

Hoping someone will help.  To the uninitiated first question, how do you link accounts?

Second,when we come to lend our tickets (when we can’t attend), I know the person borrowing it will need to have a Bristol Sports account. I believe they’ll also need a supporter Id. Would they pay for that or can they simply create an account?

14 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Hoping someone will help.  To the uninitiated first question, how do you link accounts?

Second,when we come to lend our tickets (when we can’t attend), I know the person borrowing it will need to have a Bristol Sports account. I believe they’ll also need a supporter Id. Would they pay for that or can they simply create an account?

A supporter ID number is created when an account is made. 

1 hour ago, JP Hampton said:

Link below may help re account opening - there is no charge. 
Linking accounts: on your account page ticket site - personal details section - you’ll see a friends and family link. You can manage and create a relationship with another account holder from there. 

Guide to Bristol Sport club accounts | Bristol Sport