IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

6 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

This is from the 'Meet the Squad' day next week:

Screenshot_20230720-153115-969.png

So if you're unsure about the digital ticketing process, it's the perfect opportunity to set your mind at ease.

I've requested physical seasontickets but not yet recieved them. There was no info on that page about those of us waiting for physical season tickets.

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've requested physical seasontickets but not yet recieved them. There was no info on that page about those of us waiting for physical season tickets.

Think I read they may not be available before the start of the season and you’ll have to download a bar coded ticket?

• Like 1

• Admin
10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

7 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Think I read they may not be available before the start of the season and you’ll have to download a bar coded ticket?

This ⬆️⬆️

In the days when we all had them they often came in the week before the first game 

Certainly wouldn't be yet 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eardun said:

Link below may help re account opening - there is no charge. 
Linking accounts: on your account page ticket site - personal details section - you’ll see a friends and family link. You can manage and create a relationship with another account holder from there. 

Guide to Bristol Sport club accounts | Bristol Sport

Excellent. Thanks ?

55 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

I understand that you can let a friend use your season ticket for a match, if you can’t attend. Is this option ready to use now. If so can anyone explain how you do this. Thanks in advance. 

It'll be through the Bristol Sport ticketing site as there is a 'Forward Ticket' button on there. However, it's not been officially launched yet, so not possible to do just yet.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

It'll be through the Bristol Sport ticketing site as there is a 'Forward Ticket' button on there. However, it's not been officially launched yet, so not possible to do just yet.

As above but I noticed yesterday you can now ✔️ the ⭕️ and the “ forward ticket” banner at the top is now highlighted and not greyed out as it was before. 

• Thanks 1

On 21/07/2023 at 03:50, elhombrecito said:

8 hours ago, JP Hampton said:

As above but I noticed yesterday you can now ✔️ the ⭕️ and the “ forward ticket” banner at the top is now highlighted and not greyed out as it was before. 

Yep, But it sends you to another screen where Forward Ticket is greyed out. As it stands, it appears they are working on the tech but you are not able to distribute the individual tickets despite the first four games or so being listed.

If you guys see it working please post here or let me know! and Ill let you know!

Edited by REDOXO

5 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Yep, But it sends you to another screen where Forward Ticket is greyed out. As it stands, it appears they are working on the tech but you are not able to distribute the individual tickets despite the first four games or so being listed.

If you guys see it working please post here or let me know! and Ill let you know!

I’m not volunteering, but sounds like this might be something for someone who’s going to the open day next week to ask about? There’ll be people there to answer questions about digital ticketing.

47 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I’m not volunteering, but sounds like this might be something for someone who’s going to the open day next week to ask about? There’ll be people there to answer questions about digital ticketing.

Yes. Hopefully someone will as I suspect most of us will want to give our tickets to FnF from time to time

On 17/07/2023 at 17:18, NOTBLUE said:

Don’t see what the problem is,if you want use your phone ,use your phone,if you want an actual season ticket card get an actual season ticket card,each to their own.

It’s people being people. Stressing over absolutely nothing

• Like 3

Just picked up Chelts tickets off Jerry.

He said over 4500 out of 14.5k STs have requested physical STs.

By comparison Liverpool have over 38k STs and have only had requests for 800 physical ones.

Obviously going to take some time now to get it all sorted.

It's fair to say we don't like change in Bristol...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

By comparison Liverpool have over 38k STs and have only had requests for 800 physical ones.

Possibly shows how a lot of the fans simply don't trust the club with changes like this as well

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

That's crazy, hence the reason why they will charge next season... 

• Like 5

It's almost as if supporters have taken a look at some of the simple things that the club have tried to do, replica kits, rewards scheme etc and seen just how badly they've been communicated and implemented and decided that 'actually, I'll give digital ticking a swerve, if they can't get the basics right then there is no way they'll get this over the line'. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• Admin
20 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

If that's true then all those people who said it will be a tiny minority wanting a physical ticket all look a bit silly now ?

Not really, what I was saying was based on factual numbers

You have to ask why so many of our supporters feel the need to have a physical card?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

4500? That's a ridiculously high number! ?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

If that's true then all those people who said it will be a tiny minority wanting a physical ticket all look a bit silly now ?

A tiny minority 'need' a physical card, a much larger number 'want' one, big difference. 

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

59 minutes ago, !james said:

That's crazy, hence the reason why they will charge next season... 

How about a discount for those going digital?

They could have made more robust checks if they were determined to go all digital. People who genuinely need a physical card should not be discriminated against. 

• Like 2

Most seasons, you get a letter from the club, signed by the owner, chairman or manager thanking you for buying a season ticket, hopes and expectations for the coming season and then you get your card and fixture list/keyring or whatever. 

Communication about the move to digital has been shocking.

It's no wonder that people are nervous. They are quick enough putting videos out showing a new signing at training for the first time, but reassuring people that they'll get a new ticket to their phone every time or how to share a ticket or any of that sort of thing, nope! 

And when we have customer service that might or might not reply to you, it's no wonder people want to go with what they know and trust, simply because it's proven to work. 

• Like 2

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Most seasons, you get a letter from the club, signed by the owner, chairman or manager thanking you for buying a season ticket, hopes and expectations for the coming season and then you get your card and fixture list/keyring or whatever. 

Communication about the move to digital has been shocking.

It's no wonder that people are nervous. They are quick enough putting videos out showing a new signing at training for the first time, but reassuring people that they'll get a new ticket to their phone every time or how to share a ticket or any of that sort of thing, nope! 

And when we have customer service that might or might not reply to you, it's no wonder people want to go with what they know and trust, simply because it's proven to work. 

I said similar much earlier in this thread

Part of my job involves making sure anything new integrated into the business is clearly explained to those using it. The club should have issued a visual guide to how it will all work alongside a video showing not only showing how to install it onto a phone but also how it will work at the turnstile

Far too late now, and to me a very basic error by the club that will no doubt have caused lost of worry for many for no reason

• Like 1

A surprising lack of 'head of IT' in this list.

THE TEAM

BOARD
Chairman: Jon Lansdown
Directors: 
Mark Kelly – Pula Director of Global Property Investments
Lisa Knights – Group Director of Communications
Gavin Marshall - Pula Director of Sport

EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT
Chief Commercial Officer: Sarah Farrar
Chief Financial Officer: Vicki Long

MANAGEMENT
Group Head of People: Lydia Dowding
Group Head of Commercial: Justine Kebby
Group Head of Retail: Hayley Kendrick
Group Head of Marketing & Ticketing: Charlie Lincoln

Group Head of Brand & Creative Lead Fever Pitch: Liz Pryor

Head of People Services: Catherine Dean
Head of Communications: Joel Osborne

ASHTON GATE STADIUM

Chairman: Martin Griffiths
Directors: Mark Kelly (CEO), Lisa Knights, Jon Lansdown, Gavin Marshall

MANAGEMENT
Head of Venue: Jenny Hutchinson
Catering Operations Manager: Mike Keeling
Head of Operation (Front of House): Raivo Korotkovs
Executive Head Chef: George Opondo
Ashton Gate Projects & Asset Manager: Peter Smith
Head of Safety & Security: Dave Storr
General Manager: Ross Wormald

BRISTOL SPORT FOUNDATION
Board of Trustees: Theresa Kingston (Chair), Dr Charlie Foster, James Allen, Sarah Mortiboys, Gavin Marshall, Jon Lansdown
Chief Community Officer: Ben Breeze
Director of Programmes: Tom Monks

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

A surprising lack of 'head of IT' in this list.

THE TEAM

BOARD
Chairman: Jon Lansdown
Directors: 
Mark Kelly – Pula Director of Global Property Investments
Lisa Knights – Group Director of Communications
Gavin Marshall - Pula Director of Sport

EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT
Chief Commercial Officer: Sarah Farrar
Chief Financial Officer: Vicki Long

MANAGEMENT
Group Head of People: Lydia Dowding
Group Head of Commercial: Justine Kebby
Group Head of Retail: Hayley Kendrick
Group Head of Marketing & Ticketing: Charlie Lincoln

Group Head of Brand & Creative Lead Fever Pitch: Liz Pryor

Head of People Services: Catherine Dean
Head of Communications: Joel Osborne

ASHTON GATE STADIUM

Chairman: Martin Griffiths
Directors: Mark Kelly (CEO), Lisa Knights, Jon Lansdown, Gavin Marshall

MANAGEMENT
Head of Venue: Jenny Hutchinson
Catering Operations Manager: Mike Keeling
Head of Operation (Front of House): Raivo Korotkovs
Executive Head Chef: George Opondo
Ashton Gate Projects & Asset Manager: Peter Smith
Head of Safety & Security: Dave Storr
General Manager: Ross Wormald

BRISTOL SPORT FOUNDATION
Board of Trustees: Theresa Kingston (Chair), Dr Charlie Foster, James Allen, Sarah Mortiboys, Gavin Marshall, Jon Lansdown
Chief Community Officer: Ben Breeze
Director of Programmes: Tom Monks

Do many other clubs have heads of IT? Genuine question! I would expect this stuff to come under infrastructure and outsourcing most of it...