IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

• Admin
20 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So a double tap! 

That'll be me and countless others no doubt paying before we scan for the price correction! - Thankfully, my spend in the concourse in minimal so the impact of me being a spanner won't be too expensive ? 

Like anything new we will all get used to it in time and be doing it second nature before long

• Flames 1

25 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So a double tap! 

That'll be me and countless others no doubt paying before we scan for the price correction! - Thankfully, my spend in the concourse in minimal so the impact of me being a spanner won't be too expensive ? 

Yes - no different to store card process (whether physical or digital) 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

As a late adopter to the world of the digital wallet (and I have to say, it has impressed me no end!) - any idea how the payment and discount thing is going to work?

If I'm paying for something, I just wave my phone at the card reader and it processes the transaction, but if I was to buy a coffee, do I need to wave my phone at the machine with something else open - or is the technology able to recognise both my season ticket holding status and my card details in one swish. 

Apologies if I have missed something, but how is buying a coffee / beer etc any different this season to the last two. You ask for a coffee show the sales person you card  / phone / piece of red paper, they make the price adjustment and you tap to pay.

4 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Apologies if I have missed something, but how is buying a coffee / beer etc any different this season to the last two. You ask for a coffee show the sales person you card  / phone / piece of red paper, they make the price adjustment and you tap to pay.

The implication on the club faqs is that, with a digital card, you no longer show it to the sales person, you scan it instead. 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

As a late adopter to the world of the digital wallet (and I have to say, it has impressed me no end!) - any idea how the payment and discount thing is going to work?

If I'm paying for something, I just wave my phone at the card reader and it processes the transaction, but if I was to buy a coffee, do I need to wave my phone at the machine with something else open - or is the technology able to recognise both my season ticket holding status and my card details in one swish. 

Scan season ticket first, then payment card. 

34 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So a double tap! 

I think there will be enough of a gap between the two for even spanners like you - and me - to cope!!

And anyway, with the old system I frequently failed to get my season card out in time! And for cup games I’d usually left it at home anyway!

8 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I think there will be enough of a gap between the two for even spanners like you - and me - to cope!!

And anyway, with the old system I frequently failed to get my season card out in time! And for cup games I’d usually left it at home anyway!

Be interesting to see what they are going to charge for a pint this season 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Don't buy one! I don't ever buy beer in the ground and never gone home sober yet!! :laugh:

When the new development opened I would buy about 2/3 pints before the game, 1 at half time and 1 or 2 after the game. Think pints were about £3.60ish then. 

Now I'm just buying 1 before the game, 1 at half time and then 1 after if we win. 

I just don't like paying over a fiver for a pint that tastes like crap anyways.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cardy said:

The button to Forward Ticket is now live! Who’s going to be the guinea pig & see what happens if you press it….?!

(You have to select a match ticket to transfer to make the Forward button light up).

Unfortunately it just takes you to another screen where the button is greyed out.

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

When the new development opened I would buy about 2/3 pints before the game, 1 at half time and 1 or 2 after the game. Think pints were about £3.60ish then. 

Now I'm just buying 1 before the game, 1 at half time and then 1 after if we win. 

I just don't like paying over a fiver for a pint that tastes like crap anyways.

Try a local pub, loads to choose from and you don't have to drink piss tasting beer out of plastic glasses!

2 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Try a local pub, loads to choose from and you don't have to drink piss tasting beer out of plastic glasses!

I have no idea what we do to the beer down there but I find it incredibly gassy to the point where it just tastes like chemicals. 

Only reason I drink at the ground is because I like to listen to the band that's playing on the stage and maybe catch a bit of the early kick off game. 

I wonder if someone can help with something that is niggling me (hopefully needlessly). 

I received my e-mail with the digital ticket. I have never really used the google wallet but have 2 debit cards in it.  I did what seemed to be the "right" thing and added the ticket to my wallet, but it just never appeared there.  I have gone back to this a few times and tried to add the ticket to my wallet and it just says "already added".  Does anyone know if I can just show the ticket from the e-mail when I turn up on Saturday.  The club have not let me have a physical ticket as I have a smartphone so that route has been blocked off! 

Thanks for in advanced for any good advice.

(

1 hour ago, New Dazzler said:

I wonder if someone can help with something that is niggling me (hopefully needlessly). 

I received my e-mail with the digital ticket. I have never really used the google wallet but have 2 debit cards in it.  I did what seemed to be the "right" thing and added the ticket to my wallet, but it just never appeared there.  I have gone back to this a few times and tried to add the ticket to my wallet and it just says "already added".  Does anyone know if I can just show the ticket from the e-mail when I turn up on Saturday.  The club have not let me have a physical ticket as I have a smartphone so that route has been blocked off! 

Thanks for in advanced for any good advice.

(

To save you pain on the day, I would suggest you speak to City before Saturday as only tickets in Google/Apple Wallet will scan you into the ground.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

I applied for all 3 season tickets to be physical 

all 3 have been issued digitally only problem being the two grand sons are 6 and 9 and neither have smart phones 

anyone else had this problem please 

Sounds like your physical cards might still be in the post (there have been delays) so if you can’t use the digital tickets, I would suggest you contact City.

If you have a smartphone though, you could download all 3 tickets onto your phone and scan the kids through on your phone. 

Edited by eardun
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sticks 1969 said:

I applied for all 3 season tickets to be physical 

all 3 have been issued digitally only problem being the two grand sons are 6 and 9 and neither have smart phones 

anyone else had this problem please 

Read the opening line of your post and then I got a song locked in my head.

lets-get-physical-olivia-newton-john.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, eardun said:

To save you pain on the day, I would suggest you speak to City before Saturday as only tickets in Google/Apple Wallet will scan you into the ground.

Thanks for that, I think someone mentioned that they had been sent a ticket on an e-mail to print at home, so will hopefully be sorted, at least for the PNE game.

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

On the face of it, that seems really straightforward. 

Yes. I recommend people store this link to the guidance on their smartphones (e.g. in notes) so easily accessible when needed in future! Will hopefully save endless Qs on here during the season! 

• Like 1

Is anyone confident that they have the answer to this question?! I have a season ticket already downloaded to Google wallet. My friend who sits by us cannot go on Saturday (Moto GP instead... shocking excuse!). He's kindly letting my nephew use his ticket. Can he share with me to add the ticket to my 'wallet' or because I already have a season ticket associated with my profile it would need to be under my nephew's profile?! I'm not sure my nephew will have Google wallet on his phone (he's 11!). 

2 minutes ago, dazza247 said:

Is anyone confident that they have the answer to this question?! I have a season ticket already downloaded to Google wallet. My friend who sits by us cannot go on Saturday (Moto GP instead... shocking excuse!). He's kindly letting my nephew use his ticket. Can he share with me to add the ticket to my 'wallet' or because I already have a season ticket associated with my profile it would need to be under my nephew's profile?! I'm not sure my nephew will have Google wallet on his phone (he's 11!). 

Your nephew will need to have a supporter ID number but you should be able to add multiple tickets to your wallet.