IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

13 minutes ago, PhilC said:

But it did work for me, and I am on Android (with a thick phone case) So not sure what the problem was? Certainy wasn't implying the user was the problem, It was just an observation...

On reflection this isn't the best response, as anyone could have had an issue for any number of reasons.  @REDOXO you are right, so I hope this all gets sorted for everyone and there are no issues in the future. ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arden Red1 said:

Didn't  work for me in South  Stand, steward said android not working then let me through

4 hours ago, REDOXO said:

They way some say ‘it worked for me’ makes me laugh. It can read like if it didn’t work for you you’re the problem. 

I see there was problems with Android and quite a few update/.releases have been made to the ticket sales portions. 

Hopefully it will all get sorted! 

On Android also, mine didn't work. Was there an actual acknowledgment there was an issue with Android, or just feedback from us on here?

8 hours ago, Lydered said:

On Android also, mine didn't work. Was there an actual acknowledgment there was an issue with Android, or just feedback from us on here?

Mine initially showed the PNE ticket then showed Birmingham ticket for half an hour then showed Preston ticket again, then didn't work anyway Steward let me through a side gate near Lansdown turnstile ..

• Haha 1

• Admin
13 hours ago, Robbored said:

My car share buddies and I all got in perfectly well. However the guy who sits next to me wasn’t so fortunate and couldn’t get in so had to go over to the ticket office. He reckoned that there were several others there so it obviously wasn’t as straightforward for everyone. 

Just a few teething problems I guess.

Used to see the occasional problem with cards in the past too, so I guess no change there

13 hours ago, shelts said:

Quite a queue coming into the Dolman 15 minutes before kick off , City staffer with a laptop at the turnstile 

Same time I arrived, but queues were more to do with influx of people rather than turnstile issues as we moved very swiftly 

• Admin
On 02/08/2023 at 13:21, Dollymarie said:

The ONLY bit that makes me sad about not having physical cards anymore, is that I won’t have an actual card to add to the many I’ve collected over the years. As in they’ll just disappear from my phone wallet at the end of the season. My daughter has a season ticket this year, and I won’t have a card to put in her “box of stuff to look through when she’s grown up.” 

I wonder in the future if the club can produce a card that looks like the season card but is for commemoration purposes for people to keep? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Anyone else's ticket in wallet still showing as Preston? 

FAQ

My Digital Season Ticket is not showing the next home match.

A Season Ticket holder’s Digital Season Ticket will update to show the next available fixture, at least two days before the next match. Please ensure you have automatic updates enabled in Apple Wallet or Google Wallet

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Anyone else's ticket in wallet still showing as Preston? 

My iPhone is. Sure it will get refreshed soon.

To be honest after yesterday they can leave it and I’ll just mill around the fans village ?

• Haha 1

For info. I am one of eight in our group of season card/ticket holders.

Two of these are cards. Once delivered, I then downloaded them in my phone.

I got ‘that’ email saying the card won’t be delivered… though it had; so it was a poorly worded generic email.

Yesterday the card worked fine and I still have the e-card on my phone.

So I have 2x seats on either a card or phone which will both work, using one of the two options per match ?

Interesting that some people’s phones have been showing Birmingham on 5 Aug. Wonder if the type of phone or whether phone software is up to date has a bearing. Mine is an iPhone with software up to date and I’ve not had that issue - access was also easy yesterday. In line with the FAQs, I don’t expect it to update to ‘Birmingham on 19 Aug’ until closer to the match.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, eardun said:

Interesting that some people’s phones have been showing Birmingham on 5 Aug. Wonder if the type of phone or whether phone software is up to date has a bearing. Mine is an iPhone with software up to date and I’ve not had that issue - access was also easy yesterday. In line with the FAQs, I don’t expect it to update to ‘Birmingham on 19 Aug’ until closer to the match.

Might vary from phone-to-phone. My mate's e-ticket changed to the Birmingham match within seconds of him swiping in; mine changed at about 9pm last night. Both of our tickets say 5th August though. We both have android phones. 

1 hour ago, skinheadface said:

My phone is now showing Wba 5th August ??

Mine too. It showed brum before that. Still got 5th August showing as the date.

I honestly can't fathom how they've managed to do this. On the face of it I'd say programming error somewhere, especially if it's iterating through our opponents in game order. Maybe some counter is being incremented incorrectly when displaying the opposition. But given that it changes up and down, who knows.

Edited by Sleepy1968

Mine ‘disappeared’ from my wallet today. However it was sitting in my expired passes section - same as happens to train tickets etc - so it was still there and I just moved it back to the ‘live’ page. I don’t know if this is the normal process after each match and whether it would automatically move back to live when it is updated for Birmingham - but just thought I would mention in case others find it has ‘disappeared’ from their wallets and are concerned. 

2 hours ago, eardun said:

Mine ‘disappeared’ from my wallet today. However it was sitting in my expired passes section - same as happens to train tickets etc - so it was still there and I just moved it back to the ‘live’ page. I don’t know if this is the normal process after each match and whether it would automatically move back to live when it is updated for Birmingham - but just thought I would mention in case others find it has ‘disappeared’ from their wallets and are concerned. 

Another tip: I just turned automatic updates off and on and it updated straight away to 19 Aug Birmingham. 

Edited by eardun
  • Thanks 1

One thing I was hoping to benefit from with digital tickets, was the knowledge of knowing when the next home game was. I rarely check the fixtures.

Turns out, it's yesterday - at home to Birmingham. 

How am I supposed to avoid IKEA and Tesco with such a strange system! - I'm in danger of having to use a calendar or something. The Doris is getting suspicious.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

All three of my season tickets have vanished! :crying:

In the used tickets part of the wallet (can’t remember how I found it but looked as someone had posted this earlier). I have put mine back but maybe we get new ones downloaded for the next match and don’t need these??