IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

4 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Anyone with iPhones should untick ‘Hide expired passes’ that will bring back the Preston tickets from expired passes in your wallet and leave it unticked. Then deselect automatic updates and then select it again. This should update to the Birmingham game straight away. 

Or just wait, and it’ll all happen automatically. 

Queued for about 5 minutes while a fair few people at the front faffed around with their phones and digital passes, few of which didn't work and the steward seemed to let them in with his pass.

Physical ticket no issues at all, didn't even have to stop walking at the turnstile. 

The 27 pages and counting on this thread are why so many of us got physical ones!

12 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

So why isn’t it automatically updating now then? Doing what I just said makes it happen straight away. Do it your way and you’ll be panicking on the day of the next match when it doesn’t automatically update!

As has been covered, the club will send push updates three days before any game. 

40 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Anyone with iPhones should untick ‘Hide expired passes’ that will bring back the Preston tickets from expired passes in your wallet and leave it unticked. Then deselect automatic updates and then select it again. This should update to the Birmingham game straight away. 

My god what a fuss, this is why i took the easy option and got a physical ticket, i'm not one for this new technology nonsense, i'm thinking of asking for the old books that we used to have where you rip out the ticket for each home game at the turnstile  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

So why isn’t it automatically updating now then? Doing what I just said makes it happen straight away. Do it your way and you’ll be panicking on the day of the next match when it doesn’t automatically update!

I certainly don’t think it follows that anyone who does nothing now will be panicking on the day of the next match.

And I did it your way last night: but out of interest rather than panic! I ignored all the panic last week and it all worked perfectly on Saturday. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

My god what a fuss, this is why i took the easy option and got a physical ticket, i'm not one for this new technology nonsense, i'm thinking of asking for the old books that we used to have where you rip out the ticket for each home game at the turnstile  

I think the truth is - IMHO - that all this isn’t really about digital or physical tickets, it’s about human nature and City fans.

We used to get 27 page threads when we all had physical tickets: when are they getting sent out, why hasn’t mine arrived, how late are the club waiting, mine still hasn’t come, do you have to take it out of the cover/my wallet, what about cup games and so on and so on!

There’s just been a different lot of things to worry about this time round!

In reality, pretty much everything worked OK on Saturday: a small minority with digital tickets had a problem, a small minority with physical tickets had a problem. It was always thus.

I suspect that the only reason we didn’t have 27 pages when we had those old books with individual tickets is because we didn’t have social media then! 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

27 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I certainly don’t think it follows that anyone who does nothing now will be panicking on the day of the next match.

And I did it your way last night: but out of interest rather than panic! I ignored all the panic last week and it all worked perfectly on Saturday. 

Yup. Saturday worked perfectly - but then my ticket had the right date on it.

If - and it's only an if at this stage - my ticket for the Brum game still says August 5th on it, in 12 days' time, I reserve the right to be mildly trepidatious. Not because I won't get in, but because if it doesn't work automatically for me, it'll not work for thousands and the turnstile queues will be vast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James54De said:

As has been covered, the club will send push updates three days before any game. 

Updates will not come through if you have not got the tickets in your wallet. They went to expired passes after the Preston game. That’s why I said to make sure you have expired passes unticked so they stay in your wallet in your settings. 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Updates will not come through if you have not got the tickets in your wallet. They went to expired passes after the Preston game. That’s why I said to make sure you have expired passes unticked so they stay in your wallet in your settings. 

I think I must be missing something, isn't the ticket going into an expired section the correct thing here?

Why would you want an expired ticket to stay in your wallet?

The same happens with concert tickets etc in my Ticketmaster app

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

I think I must be missing something, isn't the ticket going into an expired section the correct thing here?

Why would you want an expired ticket to stay in your wallet?

The same happens with concert tickets etc in my Ticketmaster app

Well the way I look at it, is the expired ticket was your season ticket. Not just the Preston game. If there’s no ticket in your wallet, then how can it be updated? You originally downloaded it to your wallet. I don’t think Apple are that clever to update an expired ticket but might be wrong. Again that’s why I said untick the option to allow expired tickets to come off your wallet and go into expired passes! They then might get automatically updated. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Well the way I look at it, is the expired ticket was your season ticket. Not just the Preston game. If there’s no ticket in your wallet, then how can it be updated? You originally downloaded it to your wallet. I don’t think Apple are that clever to update an expired ticket but might be wrong. Again that’s why I said untick the option to allow expired tickets to come off your wallet and go into expired passes! They then might get automatically updated. 

No, the ticket is per game - hence people commenting above that the incorrect next match was showing

Once the game is played it moves

12 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Exactly it moves into expired passes and leaves nothing in your wallet! I don’t think you can update nothing…:laugh:. 

Yes I’m not sure whether it would automatically update while it is sitting in expired. I might wait to see if it does after the Brum match but this time I moved it back to live and manually updated it. 

As someone else said though, you can turn off the ‘hide expired passes’ functionality on iPhones. I’d prefer not to do that as would mean I have to manually remove other old things (eg used train tickets) from my wallet - they currently move to the hidden expired section once used automatically. 

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Exactly it moves into expired passes and leaves nothing in your wallet! I don’t think you can update nothing…:laugh:. 

But, as already mentioned the update doesn't happen until three days before the relevant game 

22 minutes ago, phantom said:

But, as already mentioned the update doesn't happen until three days before the relevant game 

My wife’s season ticket automatically updated yesterday. I updated mine manually yesterday (by turning automatic updates off and on). 

• Like 1

• Admin
41 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I’m slightly hijacking this thread!!.

I have bought 3 digital tickets for the Bristol Bears v Exeter Chiefs. They are for someone else, is it easy to send these tickets on to another person ? 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/city-men-news/digital-season-ticket-how-to-forward/

Worth going back through the previous pages on here if you get any problems as many were discussed with solutions 

6 hours ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

3 hours ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

It can’t if it’s not in your wallet. You would have downloaded it for the start of the season….

Jesus

• Like 1

Well I’m far from tech-savvy, as a ST holder going back to rip out ticket books, I just get by with IT but I’m putting my faith in the comments of BasSavage88.

It makes no sense to me to fiddle about to make the now expired Preston ticket back in the visible part of the wallet.  The ticket is still in the wallet (but it’s been used and therefore hidden, so why would you want to see it) thus it will hopefully update a few days before Brum as the club has said.?