IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

22 hours ago, TV Tom said:

My god what a fuss, this is why i took the easy option and got a physical ticket, i'm not one for this new technology nonsense, i'm thinking of asking for the old books that we used to have where you rip out the ticket for each home game at the turnstile  

There was no problems at all at my turnstile on entry , everyone went straight in , a few problems were bound to occur ie people using phones back to front or upside down but the ticketless app works fine WELL DONE CITY 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, phantom said:

Yes, it is supposed to do this

Best to read back through this thread if you are unsure why

No it’s not mate. 

mine updated to the Birmingham game and THEN moved to expired passes. That is not how it should work. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

No it’s not mate. 

mine updated to the Birmingham game and THEN moved to expired passes. That is not how it should work. 

Yes I’m also not convinced it’s supposed to move to expired passes. It is a common issue with season tickets - looking at other club’s sites their Q&As cover this and how to move back to live wallet. They also say that the pass will still work at the turnstile even if sitting in expired so not a major problem - I would update it to the right match though. The comment on here that tickets will only update 3 days before the match is also not right. My wife’s ticket updated automatically to Birmingham last Sunday, the day after the Preston match. Her ticket did not go to expired. My ticket did go to expired last Sunday so I chose to move it back to live and update it to Birmingham manually. I have a feeling it might have expired because I opened it on Sunday to show it to my nephew to explain how it works, whereas my wife hadn’t touched hers - probably the best approach! 

Edited by eardun

1 hour ago, Wilksi said:

No it’s not mate. 

It wasn't updating properly, it was probably background data you weren't supposed to see because you're not supposed to check they still exist every 27 seconds 

43 minutes ago, eardun said:

Yes I’m also not convinced it’s supposed to move to expired passes. It is a common issue with season tickets - looking at other club’s sites their Q&As cover this and how to move back to live wallet. They also say that the pass will still work at the turnstile even if sitting in expired so not a major problem - I would update it to the right match though. The comment on here that tickets will only update 3 days before the match is also not right. My wife’s ticket updated automatically to Birmingham last Sunday, the day after the Preston match. Her ticket did not go to expired. My ticket did go to expired last Sunday so I chose to move it back to live and update it to Birmingham manually. I have a feeling it might have expired because I opened it on Sunday to show it to my nephew to explain how it works, whereas my wife hadn’t touched hers - probably the best approach! 

Jesus Christ man ?

On 07/08/2023 at 10:56, BasSavage88 said:

No, they said it would refresh 3 days before the game. Why people need to constantly see their season ticket is beyond me especially people who don't have a grasp on technology.

2 hours ago, BasSavage88 said:

Jesus Christ man ?

Did he have a grasp on technology???

?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

At sometime over the last 24 hours my e-ticket for the Birmingham match on "August 5th" updated to the Birmingham match on August 19th. All hail Bristol Sport techies! It looks like they do read this forum. 

You mean you dont need to keep checking 35 times a day and its automatic? 

God Of War Magic GIF by Santa Monica Studio

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

At sometime over the last 24 hours my e-ticket for the Birmingham match on "August 5th" updated to the Birmingham match on August 19th. All hail Bristol Sport techies! It looks like they do read this forum. 

Mine still shows Brum on the 5th August. Not that I'm concerned but why is it so ad hoc?

24 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

9 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

I even had a nice little message  from City telling me it had been updated. (I believe ‘push notification’ is the technical term?!).  So no need to even check! 

33 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

I use my Google wallet every time I pay for something, more or less, I am not specifically checking the ticket.

But the fact it didn't update automatically,  but updated incorrectly at first, is the point of my post. 

14 hours ago, eardun said:

That is certainly not how it works. It’s merely to do with your phone reading data from a server. No stress, in the future it will just update, automatically, no input needed, no thought needed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, James54De said:

That is certainly not how it works. It’s merely to do with your phone reading data from a server. No stress, in the future it will just update, automatically, no input needed, no thought needed. 

Thanks. Must admit I assumed everyone’s tickets would be updated automatically at the same time - clearly not the case though as some updated the day after the Preston match and some still haven’t updated today. (The manual way is available at any time of course so not really an issue). 

Apologies if this has been asked and answered but I ain’t reading through this lot :laugh: 

im a st holder but need two more for Saturday can 2 of me mates who can’t go send me there’s (so I’ll have all 3 on my phone) or have they gotta send them to the two people I’m bringing?

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Apologies if this has been asked and answered but I ain’t reading through this lot :laugh:

im a st holder but need two more for Saturday can 2 of me mates who can’t go send me there’s (so I’ll have all 3 on my phone) or have they gotta send them to the two people I’m bringing?

The way I read the club’s FAQs, it’s the latter.

Your mates will need ticketing accounts etc set up for the forwarding to work. 

Juniors seems to be the only scenario where the club anticipates multiple tickets on one phone. If one of your mates doesn’t have a smartphone then the only option on the faqs is to contact customer services and the implication is that they’ll be able to get a paper ticket, but with an additional charge. 

Edited by italian dave

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

The way I read the club’s FAQs, it’s the latter.

Your mates will need ticketing accounts etc set up for the forwarding to work. 

Juniors seems to be the only scenario where the club anticipates multiple tickets on one phone. If one of your mates doesn’t have a smartphone then the only option on the faqs is to contact customer services and the implication is that they’ll be able to get a paper ticket, but with an additional charge. 

Nah they both have accounts and phones just the mates I’m getting off don’t know the people I’m getting for, I’ll just get them to add each other and send on separately to be safe. Cheers for reply 

Edited by Taunton_BCFC
  • Like 1