IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Was wondering if anyone had actually tried this yet, ie just doing a screenshot of the QR code. 
I’m wondering if a screenshot won’t work because the way the scanners work, you have to scan the bottom of the phone, so it must somehow be picking up the wallet from the rear of the phone rather than the actual screen itself. 

A friend of mine borrows a season ticket at Real Betis and they have the same digital ticket as us, but he’s able to get in using just a screenshot of the QR code. 

Wonder if ours doesn’t allow that due to the way the scanner works? 

Yes, this is how NFC technology works. Your phone has a ring of wire in that interacts with the scanner. Uses the exact same technology as Apple Pay or contactless cards. 

Edited by James54De
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Not really a digital ticketing issue, but on the subject of creating ‘relationships’. Do you know what determines a relationship becoming a ‘special relationship’.

I’ve got relationships set up with about half a dozen people. One of them always appears as a “special relationship”. Mrs ID is a bit concerned ?

From memory,  a special relationship in this context means you have the authority to purchase on their behalf. Certainly when I came to ST renewal time, it was the one without that tag which wasn't shown until quick call to supporter services added the tag for me

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

Was wondering if anyone had actually tried this yet, ie just doing a screenshot of the QR code. 
I’m wondering if a screenshot won’t work because the way the scanners work, you have to scan the bottom of the phone, so it must somehow be picking up the wallet from the rear of the phone rather than the actual screen itself. 

A friend of mine borrows a season ticket at Real Betis and they have the same digital ticket as us, but he’s able to get in using just a screenshot of the QR code. 

Wonder if ours doesn’t allow that due to the way the scanner works? 

Presumably you'd just need to scan the QR code by putting your screen between the scanner and the turnstile base as if you're scanning a print-at-home ticket (as say at the Oxford cup game the other week).

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Anyones ST pass not updated to tomorrows game yet too?

Was going to ask the same thing.......mine is just in the "Expired Passes" section of the wallet as the Preston game, i assumed it was meant to stay in your wallet & automatically update, but doesn't appear to be the case!

3 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Was going to ask the same thing.......mine is just in the "Expired Passes" section of the wallet as the Preston game, i assumed it was meant to stay in your wallet & automatically update, but doesn't appear to be the case!

Managed to sort. If you go into the PNE ticket and click options/the three dots, unselect automatic updates and hit done. Then go back in, then automatic updates back on and hit done again, then should update to show birmingham

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, James54De said:

Yes, this is how NFC technology works. Your phone has a ring of wire in that interacts with the scanner. Uses the exact same technology as Apple Pay or contactless cards. 

Thanks. I never knew that ?

43 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Presumably you'd just need to scan the QR code by putting your screen between the scanner and the turnstile base as if you're scanning a print-at-home ticket (as say at the Oxford cup game the other week).

That’s what I figured. But the way the season card is scanned via the wallet isn’t a scan of the screen, it’s a scan of wallet itself - as per the quote above. So I wasn’t sure if a screenshot would work. 

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Managed to sort. If you go into the PNE ticket and click options/the three dots, unselect automatic updates and hit done. Then go back in, then automatic updates back on and hit done again, then should update to show birmingham

Nice one , just did this & it's updated to Birmingham, cheers!

After retrieving my pass from deleted items I have been patiently waiting for it to up date but nothing. So just resorted to the turning on and off of automatic as I did not want to leave it to the last minute. All ready now for tomorrow. I wonder if it would have changed if I had waited.

1 hour ago, Franklin CITY said:

Hi

Just a heads up. for the Preston game my ticket was in my wallet for days before the game. For tomorrow's game it was not there. I had to go into expired passes in my wallet and 'unhide' it.

Is this the same for everyone? 

I can see even longer queues tomorrow is so

No reason why , just unhide it and it comes up , to be honest there weren’t really long queues at the Preston game 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Franklin CITY said:

Hi

Just a heads up. for the Preston game my ticket was in my wallet for days before the game. For tomorrow's game it was not there. I had to go into expired passes in my wallet and 'unhide' it.

Is this the same for everyone? 

I can see even longer queues tomorrow is so

Affected some people. Mentioned in the digital tickets thread. City have reminded people today too 

https://x.com/bristolcity/status/1692522253752164537?s=61&t=ZxINpSuDvEat_GEF9-1BXg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eardun said:

Affected some people. Mentioned in the digital tickets thread. City have reminded people today too 

https://x.com/bristolcity/status/1692522253752164537?s=61&t=ZxINpSuDvEat_GEF9-1BXg

Had a similar problem.

the ticket keeps disappearing from my wallet, meaning I have to find the email and re download every game. 

this was annoying. So I thought I’d try and get a physical card. I applied and then got an email saying I couldn’t have a card because I had successfully downloaded the ticket. 

then, through the post this morning I received my physical card, despite the fact they said I couldn’t have one. 

a nice surprise ?

• Admin
13 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

There were also predictions before the Preston game of carnage at the turnstiles. But there was nothing of the sort, and the vast majority got in with no issues.

Just relax, it'll be fine.

Hopefully people will heed your advice, otherwise we'll be getting regular updates about which match is or isn't showing 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KeithWelch'sTash said:

Had a similar problem.

the ticket keeps disappearing from my wallet, meaning I have to find the email and re download every game. 

this was annoying. So I thought I’d try and get a physical card. I applied and then got an email saying I couldn’t have a card because I had successfully downloaded the ticket. 

then, through the post this morning I received my physical card, despite the fact they said I couldn’t have one. 

a nice surprise ?

And you can use either the card or your phone’s wallet now ?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WraxallRed said:

When trying to forward the birmingham game to a friend I get

Error!
Ticket had already been scanned. You cannot distribute or forward it to another person.

Yes i chose the birmingham game and no I haven't scanned it.

Any advice?

I wondered whether you might have missed the cut off but I checked the FAQs (below) and you should be able to do it up until 12 noon so no idea sorry:

How late can I forward a Ticket? 

Digital Season Tickets can be forwarded up to three hours before the game

5 minutes ago, eardun said:

I wondered whether you might have missed the cut off but I checked the FAQs (below) and you should be able to do it up until 12 noon so no idea sorry:

How late can I forward a Ticket? 

Digital Season Tickets can be forwarded up to three hours before the game

Thanks.

Still not worked this is ridiculous ?