IGNORED

Check out the former City player ?

7 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

He joined Forest about 7 years later .

And stayed there afterwards where he and his wife provided lodgings for the apprentices.

I had the pleasure of meeting the great man one evening where I held a wine tasting at his friend’s house. My client , rather embarrassed , said ‘ I hope you don’t mind , I invited a friend ‘ . Don’t mind ? I don’t think he quite appreciated the immensity of the moment for me . I was there sharing wine with one of my childhood heroes. 
The next day I phoned my client to apologise if I was a bit OTT with JG . He replied ‘ No , he loved it’ .

• Like 5
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

9 hours ago, Enclosure Old Timer said:

Must be. Also, how refreshing to see proper goal celebrations, a few pats on the back and handshakes while trotting back to the halfway line, unlike the 5 minutes or more shenanigans we have to endure these days.

Proper pitch too. Mud. None of this soppy grass we get nowadays. 

• Haha 3

A do at the Barton Vale Social club, can't remember what it was for. Galley and his wife were there, had a great chat with both, really nice couple. He also came to Forest scout, Alex Harvey's funeral in Briz. Another top bloke, Alex used to manage the Sandge football team for a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

And stayed there afterwards where he and his wife provided lodgings for the apprentices.

I had the pleasure of meeting the great man one evening where I held a wine tasting at his friend’s house. My client , rather embarrassed , said ‘ I hope you don’t mind , I invited a friend ‘ . Don’t mind ? I don’t think he quite appreciated the immensity of the moment for me . I was there sharing wine with one of my childhood heroes. 
The next day I phoned my client to apologise if I was a bit OTT with JG . He replied ‘ No , he loved it’ .

Wine tasting? I always imagined you to be a Babycham man 

11 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

One for all the baby- boomer s , spot the ex City forward .

Just watched the link. Some great football. 1965 wow I would have still been a baby in nappies. Love watching these old links.

13 hours ago, Enclosure Old Timer said:

Must be. Also, how refreshing to see proper goal celebrations, a few pats on the back and handshakes while trotting back to the halfway line, unlike the 5 minutes or more shenanigans we have to endure these days.

7 hours ago, southside said:

I know, he was a Forest player in the game shown (65) and later signed for us in 67

Are you talking about Chris Crowe or Galley?

Crowe came from Forest.

Galley went from us to Forest.

Just to clear it up because I didn't name Crowe but gave Galley even though I knew I was wrong. And started confusion among the posters.

33 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Are you talking about Chris Crowe or Galley?

Crowe came from Forest.

Galley went from us to Forest.

Just to clear it up because I didn't name Crowe but gave Galley even though I knew I was wrong. And started confusion among the posters.

I'm referring to Crowe, Galley came to us from Rotherham, then went to Forest