IGNORED

Preston Tickets

elhombrecito

31 minutes ago, pillred said:

Was a bit surprised to see members can buy a ticket for the Plymouth game as well for £15, what do season ticket holders think about the club selling tickets to members for less than they paid?

Doesn’t bother me, season ticket still works out far cheaper than individual match tickets over the course of the season. 
Would rather see AG busy for games like Plymouth to be honest.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Doesn’t bother me, season ticket still works out far cheaper than individual match tickets over the course of the season. 
Would rather see AG busy for games like Plymouth to be honest.  

Agreed - as long as I'm getting better value overall from my ST then I'm happy. I also like the guarantee of my seat, as obviously the people around you become your 'football friends' over time.

4 hours ago, pillred said:

Was a bit surprised to see members can buy a ticket for the Plymouth game as well for £15, what do season ticket holders think about the club selling tickets to members for less than they paid?

Why would that bother me? As long as my season ticket is cheaper than buying a ticket for every game, I'm happy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pillred said:

ST here since 88 and have no issue with this at all. Pack the gate. 

Does anyone know where are season ticket sales now sit? 

• Like 1

Need to give the club a bit of credit here. Previously when there have been “mates rates” offers, members have still been expected to pay full price. That didn’t feel fair or right to me and I have previously raised it here, on social media, and to the SLO.

They appear to have listened and members now pay the same rate. It seemed obvious to me, but fair play.

• Like 1

• Admin
23 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Need to give the club a bit of credit here. Previously when there have been “mates rates” offers, members have still been expected to pay full price. That didn’t feel fair or right to me and I have previously raised it here, on social media, and to the SLO.

They appear to have listened and members now pay the same rate. It seemed obvious to me, but fair play.

Are you sure? I can't recall ever seeing this, can you remember which game this was at?

Whenever I have bought tickets they have always been at the advertised amount

Why would members have paid more?

35 minutes ago, phantom said:

Are you sure? I can't recall ever seeing this, can you remember which game this was at?

Whenever I have bought tickets they have always been at the advertised amount

Why would members have paid more?

Yep, 100%. “Mates rates” was previously an offer exclusively for friends of season ticket holders and member prices were standard matchday ticket prices. Members could only benefit from the offer if they happened to know a season ticket holder with spares.

Here’s a tweet from 2021 where I raised the issue.

• Thanks 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Yep, 100%. “Mates rates” was previously an offer exclusively for friends of season ticket holders and member prices were standard matchday ticket prices. Members could only benefit from the offer if they happened to know a season ticket holder with spares.

Here’s a tweet from 2021 where I raised the issue.

Thank you for digging that out 

I honestly don't remember this, but I am sure the club got pulled up for it a the time

18 hours ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

Anyone have any idea how many tickets we’ve sold for this so far? With just over a week until the game, mates rates etc  I thought the club might of promoted it a bit more and would expect a pretty healthy crowd....

I had a quick look yesterday to see how many tickets are still available and would  say under 2k now for home supporters 

No idea how many Preston are bringing but reckon we could be around 25k although some ST holders may be on hols but still get included in the numbers I guess 

• Like 1

I'd love to thank all of those that have offered the code on this topic and on message. I managed to get my tickets yesterday and I have a very very excited 11yr old daughter who's absolutely buzzing for her first match at Ashton Gate. Thanks again guys and girls. 

• Like 4
  • Robin 6

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

I had a quick look yesterday to see how many tickets are still available and would  say under 2k now for home supporters 

No idea how many Preston are bringing but reckon we could be around 25k although some ST holders may be on hols but still get included in the numbers I guess 

Even if we sell out three stands and Preston bring 1,000 that would be about 23,000. 

We should be looking at a crowd of 21k, 22k max I reckon 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, redsince82 said:

I'd love to thank all of those that have offered the code on this topic and on message. I managed to get my tickets yesterday and I have a very very excited 11yr old daughter who's absolutely buzzing for her first match at Ashton Gate. Thanks again guys and girls. 

Let's hope it's the start of a lifelong love for the club. (life sentence) :laugh:.

Edited by pillred
  • Like 1

• Admin
3 hours ago, INCRED said:

No offence but it's not worth looking at those unsold tickets, it's not really a true indication of what was made available and what was subsequently sold 

2 hours ago, redsince82 said:

A tip for you bringing your daughter - get her a membership. This comes with a pair of free tickets for one adult and one child for a game of your choice.

The membership is £25. If you only come to one game a season, this still works out cheaper than buying one pair of tickets. And if you do keep coming, you’ll save a fiver each time.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, redsince82 said:

At that age it is exciting, but in the end its the hope that kills you.