IGNORED

Good News for the Training Grounds

phantom

• Admin

THE Food Standards Agency have awarded 1a number of North Somerset's food establishments a hygiene rating of five-out-of-five.

These include;

Restaurants, cafes and canteens

• Rated 5: Bears High Performance Centre at Beggar Bush Lane, Failand, Bristol; rated on June 15.

• Rated 5: Robins High Performance Centre at Clevedon Road, Failand, Bristol; rated on June 23.

Seems impressive but anything under 5 is a fail and comes with advice on how to increase your score. The Agency will then carry out a surprise visit to assess whether or not the original advice had been put in place.

I only know because one of our local bowls club scored only 3 and were not allowed to prepare food on the premises….On the surprise revisit they scored a 5 I’m happy to say.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Seems impressive but anything under 5 is a fail and comes with advice on how to increase your score. The Agency will then carry out a surprise visit to assess whether or not the original advice had been put in place.

I only know because one of our local bowls club scored only 3 and were not allowed to prepare food on the premises….On the surprise revisit they scored a 5 I’m happy to say.

I was told from someone who used to run a pub that you lose 2 stars straight away if you can’t provide necessary paperwork even if you have the cleanest establishment possible. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

I was told from someone who used to run a pub that you lose 2 stars straight away if you can’t provide necessary paperwork even if you have the cleanest establishment possible. 

So the Jumbo Raj in Cotham that got a 1 star, only lost 2 points for the pair of underpants in the Chicken Madras, the other 2 for poor paperwork!!!

• Haha 6

28 minutes ago, phantom said:

THE Food Standards Agency have awarded 1a number of North Somerset's food establishments a hygiene rating of five-out-of-five.

These include;

Restaurants, cafes and canteens

• Rated 5: Bears High Performance Centre at Beggar Bush Lane, Failand, Bristol; rated on June 15.

• Rated 5: Robins High Performance Centre at Clevedon Road, Failand, Bristol; rated on June 23.

Oh god.

This will just encourage Junior to shoehorn 5-stars under whatever badge the catering staff wear, it'll be like some sort of 'nod back' to when he had his first Big Mac. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

That’s true - my bowls club was inspected and was asked for the relevant paperwork from the previous inspection which had been several years previously.

The two ladies who were present weren’t expecting to be asked for the paperwork - luckily the records had been filed away successfully.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

A 5 is actually quite difficult to get and does require the highest standards

1 hour ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

You get an instant fail without adequate paperwork 

4 hours ago, glynriley said:

You’re fine a long as there are no rats in the biscuit tin. 

One of the Nailsea pubs got a zero rating because the agency inspectors found rat shit in the kitchen……………:facepalm:…….

They were unable to save food until they got their house in order. The next inspection earned them 5 stars.

I’ve not eaten in there since tho.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TomF said:

There was a cafe not too far from hen and chicken that was putting commercial food waste out in domestic bins every week.  When Environmental health turned up one visit they found 50+ bags of food waste hidden in places such as the voids underneath table bench/seats ?

The FSA deserve much credit for unearthing such disgusting hygiene behaviour from whoever owns/runs the establishment. I’m delighted that we have such an organisation to try and safeguard the public from those who try to take shortcuts with food hygiene.

Makes me proud to be British.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

This is a very British media thread. Someone provides good news and bigs it up only for everyone else to shoot it down. 

I certainly not shooting anything down Royston - getting a 5 star rating is exactly what’s to be expected. Anything less would reflect badly on any establishment.

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

One of the Nailsea pubs got a zero rating because the agency inspectors found rat shit in the kitchen……………:facepalm:…….

They were unable to save food until they got their house in order. The next inspection earned them 5 stars.

Which pub was that?

19 hours ago, Robbored said:

Wasn’t that a UB40 song?

• Hmmm 1

On 05/07/2023 at 14:40, Robbored said:

If they weren’t allowed to prepare food, what was the point in a surprise visit??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, East End Old Boy said:

If they weren’t allowed to prepare food, what was the point in a surprise visit??

Ummm………revisit…………..everything had to be spick and span, including the paperwork which they had been instructed to maintain correctly.