IGNORED

Geoff Twentyman replacement

Mrdc

• Admin
1 hour ago, Mrdc said:

Not living Bristol these days don’t get to listen to very much of Radio Bristol but has it been announced who is or has replaced Geoff?

On some frequencies last year there was a generalised EFL show, I would imagine this will be the replacement 

• Sad 1

Incidentally the BBC have announced they will continue to provide full commentary of Yeovil games but provide “enhanced” coverage of Bath, WSM and Taunton at the same level. I’m guessing that means a commentary from one of the three each week?

If only there were a local club who fell into depths they felt beneath them that we could look to as a precedent 

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

Fully expecting some sort of national coverage then over to the  broadcast at 2.30pm for round the regional grounds, manager interviews etc before local commentary.

From an inside source at Radio Bristol, local sport has been “protected” from the BBC local radio changes, but he couldn’t confirm whether that just meant the commentaries or more of a programme.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

From an inside source at Radio Bristol, local sport has been “protected” from the BBC local radio changes, but he couldn’t confirm whether that just meant the commentaries or more of a programme.

As long as they still have RB match day commentary on the OS, then that's OK.

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Radio Bristol's Ali Vowles to leave "in the Autumn of 2023" statement that ali read out at 08:30am saturday 15 July 2023

Shame. I used to work at the BBC some years ago and always found her to be one of the nicest people there.

Geoff also a nice guy, always had time for a quick chat about City in passing. He told me we were signing Brian Wilson a couple days before it was announced. My only ITK moment!

• Like 1

Tony Butler (a local radio legend from the Midlands), passed away today, and there was a thread of Jasper Carrot doing a superb comedy sketch about the post-match phone in!

Made me laugh so much, I hope the new person on Radio Bristol can live up to the standard of Geoff's

https://twitter.com/search?q="Jasper Carrott"&src=trend_click&vertical=trends