IGNORED

The FA Cup 2023/24 Season

phantom

6 hours ago, 22A said:

Now the Cup is at it's business end; which of our local(ish) clubs who started in August made it the furthest please?

If Forest Green counts, they were thumped by Blackpool in Round 2.

• Admin
6 hours ago, 22A said:

Now the Cup is at it's business end; which of our local(ish) clubs who started in August made it the furthest please?

Yeovil from conference South got to the second round before losing to Wrexham 

i reckon  Blackpool could well turn over Forest at home if theyre up for it..

and youll beat Blackpool or Forest at home.

i see the BBC...in their wisdom... have decided to inflict moyseball live to the nation  next week...clueless *******

obviously they are expecting an upset ..deluded .. not a  chance  WHU are   winning this game.

Edited by normanomates

5 hours ago, normanomates said:

i reckon  Blackpool could well turn over Forest at home if theyre up for it..

and youll beat Blackpool or Forest at home.

i see the BBC...in their wisdom... have decided to inflict moyseball live to the nation  next week...clueless *******

obviously they are expecting an upset ..deluded .. not a  chance  WHU are   winning this game.

I spoke to quite a few WH fans after rhe game, can I ask, why are you all so negative about everything about your club? 

You're top 6, hold a European trophy and going well in the Europa. In the past month you've beaten Spurs, Man Utd and Arsenal so why all the negativity?

• Like 1

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-fixtures-fa-cup-31848604

This would be disappointing but not surprising in this day and age.

I missed the 4th Round draw as I was otherwise engaged but Eastleigh v Man United would be an outstanding tie should Eastleigh win their replay v Newport.

Should they be able to do so, it has to be from Eastleigh..a neutral venue isn't what the Cup is all about.

As for us, at home you've got a chance always. If we win the replay of course.

Neither are a stellar opponent, Blackpool would be preferable but Nottingham Forest fighting relegation maybe tricky for them to juggle the 2 assuming they beat Blackpool.

Unlikely to be a TV game.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-fixtures-fa-cup-31848604

I missed the 4th Round draw as I was otherwise engaged but Eastleigh v Man United would be an outstanding tie should Eastleigh win their replay v Newport.

Should they be able to do so, it has to be from Eastleigh..a neutral venue isn't what the Cup is all about.

Manu Utd are always a guarantee for TV coverage purely for the number of armchair supporters they have

It won't be a neutral venue, the FA put stop to moving grounds a long time ago

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, phantom said:

Manu Utd are always a guarantee for TV coverage purely for the number of armchair supporters they have

It won't be a neutral venue, the FA put stop to moving grounds a long time ago

Man United are of course but that is a great tie in its own right IMO.

Our game v Blackpool or Nottingham Forest feels unlikely to be a TV game should we win next week.

That's good news then although it referenced Safety Grounds in the article.

On 10/01/2024 at 13:57, Mr Popodopolous said:

Whty cant they play at a league ground?

Remember Enfield playing at  WHL.

3 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Whty cant they play at a league ground?

Remember Enfield playing at  WHL.

Maybe, would give more fans a chance to see the game..but the purist in me says the essence of the Cup is hopefully a muddy pitch.

Ideal weather rain- some strong wind, swirling around a tight ground, Non League..probably with the greatest of respect not the best changing facilities, crowd extremely close to the pitch etc.

I appreciate Non League has xome on quite a bit btw, the image is maybe a bit outdated and unfair but if at all possible if Eastleigh win the replay if has to be at their ground IMO.

4 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

Definitely police advice there and so then can fit more chat in before the one sided Liverpool game .

Yea maybe. Although they'll be kicking themselves if Brentford win the replay! It's all due to tv companies getting what they want. As you say, more time to talk about Liverpool! Kicking off before noon is ridiculous! No thought for the fans or the players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wallystreet said:

It won't be Monday 29th, because the Coventry away game has been moved to Tuesday 30th.

Yep and Forest and ‘pool both have games on that Tuesday also.  

Just now, weepywall said:

It's definitely Friday.

As long as it’s not Thursday!