IGNORED

The FA Cup 2023/24 Season

phantom

• Admin

A total of 732 clubs will take part in the Emirates FA Cup during the 2023-24 season, with the list of clubs accepted into the competition now being revealed. 

Among the list are Harleston Town, Heacham and Okehampton Argyle who are among those entering the FA Cup for the first time.

And there's also a spot for Bury FC, previous FA Cup winners in 1900 and 1903. They return to the competition following their merger with Bury AFC, who were formed following Bury's removal from the EFL in 2020 and being placed in administration later that year.

As the FA Cup applications were oversubscribed, it has not been possible to accommodate all clubs that submitted an application to enter. The maximum number of clubs that can be accepted to participate in the competition in its current format shall be 732.

And having reviewed all applications, seven places were available in the FA Cup for clubs at Step 6 of the FA National League System. These places have been awarded to the seven highest-ranked Step 6 clubs (that applied to enter) not promoted to Step 5, based on their points per game (PPG) from the 2022-2023 season.

For ease of reference, the seven Step 6 Clubs to be accepted are Brislington FC, Hartpury University FC, Liskeard Athletic FC, Okehampton Argyle FC, Stockport Town FC, Wells City FC and Wendron United FC

The draw for the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round has been published.

Ties will take place on Saturday 5th August and will go to a replay if level after 90 minutes.

20230707_120846.jpg

20230707_120849.jpg

20230707_120852.jpg

20230707_120855.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Here's today's scores; https://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/qualifying-rounds but they're not in any order.

Mango won 2-0 at home, BMF had a 3-2 away win, Cribbs a 3-1  home win, Roman Glass a 1-1away draw. Clevedon a 2-1 home win, Flackwell Heath a 3-0 away win.

Oldland and Shepton Mallet both had 2-2 home draws and Paulton a 5-1 home win. Brislington and Street both lost 1-0 at home and Wells a 2-1 home defeat. Bishops Cleeve drew 3-3 with Thornbury.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice one Melksham Town, winners on the Isle of Wight. And in a “Me Derby”, Falmouth Town (location of my alma mater) defeated Exmouth Town (where my Nan and Gramps lived and I spent many a summer holiday).

My hometown team, Devizes, don’t seem to compete in the Cup any more - they must consider it beneath them…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Falmouth, Mousehole and Helston all won, Wendron lost. Some nice long trips to West Cornwall for someone in the next round!

I used to get the train up from Falmouth to City games when I was a student and it felt like it took forever and a day, Lanterne. Sat there listening to Weezer, Suede and Smashing Pumpkins on my Walkman. ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Here's today's scores; https://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/qualifying-rounds but they're not in any order.

Mango won 2-0 at home, BMF had a 3-2 away win, Cribbs a 3-1  home win, Roman Glass a 1-1away draw. Clevedon a 2-1 home win, Flackwell Heath a 3-0 away win.

Oldland and Shepton Mallet both had 2-2 home draws and Paulton a 5-1 home win. Brislington and Street both lost 1-0 at home and Wells a 2-1 home defeat. Bishops Cleeve drew 3-3 with Thornbury.

****** hell, a cup run !

• Haha 1

Shout out to my nearest team, Buckland Athletic who beat Torpoint 5-1.

Also to Paulton Rovers. The chap sat next to me on the way up to a Bristol was a ground hopper. He lives on Dartmoor, doesn’t drive but has still managed to visit 480 grounds and today was a new one for him, Paulton Rovers.

It was already his 17th game of the season.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 22A said:

Street beat Millbrook 9-1

Saturdays results; https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/fa-cup/scores-fixtures/2023-08?filter=results

DEFEATS Mangos 5-1 to Ascot, Nailsea 0-3 to Highworth

VICTORIES Frome 6-2 at Fareham. Flackwell Heath 2-0 home to Cirencester. Yate 1-0 at Holyport Clevedon 2-0 at Aylesbury on Friday

Paulton drew at Wimborne.

Okehampton, mentioned earlier in this thread drew 1-1 at Buckland.

1st qualifying round draw has now been made; https://fanbanter.co.uk/fa-cup-first-qualifying-round-draw/

Bitton v Westbury United
AFC Stoneham v Cirencester Town
Salisbury v Yate Town
Bodmin Town or Cadbury Heath v Cinderford Town
Binfield v Buckland Athletic
Frome Town v Winchester City
Wimborne Town v Dorchester Town
Shaftesbury v Poole Town
Sholing v Hamworthy United
Plymouth Parkway v Street
Taunton Town v Thatcham Town or Bemerton Heath Harlequins
Paulton Rovers v Basingstoke Town
Bridport v Tiverton Town
Bishop’s Cleeve v Slimbridge or Wantage Town
Chipping Sodbury Town v Bideford or Bristol Manor Farm

Edited by 22A

16 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Paulton if they win their replay are away to Tiverton. Not sure the above draw is correct.

Think that is last year's draw.

Thanks for this. I had searched under 2023/24, but will try again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phantom said:

The FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round takes place this weekend.  

Ties will go to a replay if level after 90 minutes.  

Here are the fixtures, the number in brackets indicates the club's non-league step.

20230901_122233.jpg

20230901_122238.jpg

20230901_122242.jpg

20230901_122244.jpg

So, my local side, Okehampton Argyle are the only tier six side left in the entire competition. Not bad since this is the first season they`ve been accepted into the FA Cup and they play in the local park. It should also mean they get to enter in future years too.

If they beat Highworth tomorrow and get drawn at home to one of the big (for that level - they could end up with someone like Tiverton, Dorchester or Merthyr) sides they`ll probably have to look at moving the tie to somewhere more suitable - God knows where though!

Edited by Lanterne Rouge
  • Like 1