IGNORED

The FA Cup 2023/24 Season

phantom

1 minute ago, 22A said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/fa-cup/scores-fixtures

? Bishops Cleeve 2 - BMF 3, Frome 3 - Clevedon 1, Swindon Supermarine 1 - Cribbs 2, 

? Flackwell Heath match was abandoned.

? Okehampton 1 - Highworth 3, Salisbury 3 - Bridgewater 2, 

There`s a strange one on the FA website - Didcot v Portchester off, subject to FA investigation. I wonder what went on there. I can`t find anything online.

Also a shout out to Plymouth Parkway beating Dorchester, that is a great result for them. Commiserations to Okey though, done bloody well to get this far.

8 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

There`s a strange one on the FA website - Didcot v Portchester off, subject to FA investigation. I wonder what went on there. I can`t find anything online.

Also a shout out to Plymouth Parkway beating Dorchester, that is a great result for them. Commiserations to Okey though, done bloody well to get this far.

Suggestion that Portchester fielded an ineligible player in the prior round. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Is the next round the one when we find out which non-league side are going to be beating the g*s this season?

No; this weekend was the 2nd qualifying round. Two weeks time it's the third and two weeks after that; the fourth and last qualifying when the National League teams join in. Then comes the First Round Proper.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, 22A said:

https://www.football.london/non-league/fa-cup-draw-live-qualifying-27733973

Weymouth v Bath,  Cray / Ramsgate v Plymouth / FromeTorquay v Hungerford,  Yeovil v Didcot,  Merthyr / Taunton v  Sheppey,  Wingate / Farnborough v WsM.  

Frustrating draw that, BMF unfortunate to lose against Didcot on the weekend and playing Yeovil away would have been the biggest (competitive) game in their history.

• Admin

It will be interesting to see what kind of following Maidenhead bring to Weston, they only took 41 to their league match at Southend recently 

Hopefully being the FA Cup a few more may be interested, to give the atmosphere a bit more of an edge 

I thought this players name was brilliant, Will De Havilland. If he's not obsessed with planes..... With a name like that he must be connected to Geoffrey de Havilland. 

(For those younger supporters scratching their heads, it's worth Googling his name to see how he shaped the aircraft industry and how it evolved into BAE) 

The draw for the 2023/24 Emirates FA Cup First Round will take place on Sunday 15th October 2023. The draw will be staged live in the United Kingdom on ITV1 from 2:30pm.

A link to all  of today's scores. https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/fa-cup/fixtures-results Only Yeovil from our area got through.

Torquay 0 - Maidstone 2,   Worthing 2 - Bath 0,   Yeovil 2 - Southend 0.

16 minutes ago, 22A said:

The draw for the 2023/24 Emirates FA Cup First Round will take place on Sunday 15th October 2023. The draw will be staged live in the United Kingdom on ITV1 from 2:30pm.

A link to all  of today's scores. https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/fa-cup/fixtures-results Only Yeovil from our area got through.

WSM lost 3-0 to Maidenhead as well.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Hereford beat Rochdale (national league) 1-0. I always consider them relatively local.

As a side note, what a great name Cray Valley Paper Mills FC is. Can’t say I’ve heard of them before but they will be in the first round proper. I think the only thing I really miss about not being in league one is the increased chance to play some obscure team e.g Harrogate railway or Kingstonian away. Got to love the FA cup even if it has become a bit watered down over the years.

On 01/09/2023 at 17:47, Lanterne Rouge said:

So, my local side, Okehampton Argyle are the only tier six side left in the entire competition. Not bad since this is the first season they`ve been accepted into the FA Cup and they play in the local park. It should also mean they get to enter in future years too.

If they beat Highworth tomorrow and get drawn at home to one of the big (for that level - they could end up with someone like Tiverton, Dorchester or Merthyr) sides they`ll probably have to look at moving the tie to somewhere more suitable - God knows where though!

Probably repeating myself, but oh the memories of Simmons Park, the taste of Thunderbird, squidgy black in the "bus" shelters, snogging girls, happy happy days 🥰🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tony Tootle said:

Hereford beat Rochdale (national league) 1-0. I always consider them relatively local.

As a side note, what a great name Cray Valley Paper Mills FC is. Can’t say I’ve heard of them before but they will be in the first round proper. I think the only thing I really miss about not being in league one is the increased chance to play some obscure team e.g Harrogate railway or Kingstonian away. Got to love the FA cup even if it has become a bit watered down over the years.

IIRC this match was shown live on TV 

• Like 1