IGNORED

The FA Cup 2023/24 Season

phantom

On 04/11/2023 at 17:02, 22A said:

Well done Swindon. You hit four past you non league opponents, but were sporting enough to let them score seven first; 🙂

Just watched the highlights. Imagine being a Swindon fan watching that - going 7-0 down to a non-league side - at home? First non-league team to score 7 v a league team in the FA Cup. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 22A said:

Important chairman and being a big club helped I suppose. 

And now Barnsley has been thrown out of the FA Cup for fielding an illegible player in the replay with Horsham and Horsham now advance to the 2nd round.

If a top Prem side made the same error, would they be thrown out?

14 minutes ago, 22A said:

And now Barnsley has been thrown out of the FA Cup for fielding an illegible player in the replay with Horsham and Horsham now advance to the 2nd round.

That reminds me, weren't thete questions with the eligibility of Sakho when West Ham eliminated us in 2015 under Cotts??

Think he got the winner too- we had 2 cleared off the line, absolutely dominated the first half could have been out of sight by HT but...

• Like 2

• Admin
47 minutes ago, 22A said:

In the scheme of this seasons FA Cup Barnsley are one of the biggest sides to have played in it

A player was on loan at York, but was an unused sub in the first round

He returned to Barnsley and played in their replay

Their error, as he hadn't played they assumed he wasn't cup tied. But of course the rule is that you have to be with a club for the original fixture before being available for any replay

32 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That reminds me, weren't thete questions with the eligibility of Sakho when West Ham eliminated us in 2015 under Cotts??

Think he got the winner too- we had 2 cleared off the line, absolutely dominated the first half could have been out of sight by HT but...

There was nothing in it, just social media nonsense

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 22A said:

West Ham played an ineligible player against us in 2015 and he scored the only goal of the game.

They were fined less than the prize money for winning and their next round game got televised which was also more money than the fine

• Flames 1

• Admin
13 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

West Ham played an ineligible player against us in 2015 and he scored the only goal of the game.

They were fined less than the prize money for winning and their next round game got televised which was also more money than the fine

I stand to be corrected but I didn't think he was. I thought it was just noise on social media saying he was ineligible? 

37 minutes ago, phantom said:

I stand to be corrected but I didn't think he was. I thought it was just noise on social media saying he was ineligible? 

He was 

4 Feb 2015

West Ham escape with £70,000 fine for fielding Diafra Sakho in FA Cup. West Ham United have been cleared to continue their FA Cup campaign at West Bromwich Albion next week after Fifa opted to fine and reprimand the east London club for fielding Diafra Sakho in their fourth-round victory at Bristol City.

They refused him permission to play for his Country, so because they didn't have prior agreement with Senegal he wasn't available for the next game, us.
He scored the bloody winner too.

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

You never know, there may be a shock cup upset and the s*gs might win.

We will then have about 48hrs of them jerking themselves stupid over maybe drawing us in Round Three (perish the thought!)

We would humiliate them and they know it!

I would much rather play a club from the top division regardless. I have a sneaky hope that Scott, Antione, and Lloyd might come back to BS3 for the day. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

We would humiliate them and they know it!

I would much rather play a club from the top division regardless. I have a sneaky hope that Scott, Antione, and Lloyd might come back to BS3 for the day. 

We couldn`t win in a game v them. Beat them soundly and it`s all `well what did you expect, plucky little r*vers did their best but couldn`t compete`. Beat them by the odd goal, draw or, God forbid, lose then we`d never hear the last of of it. They still go on about Ricky ******* Lambert even after all this time. Add in the fact that they`d kick lumps out of our players and it`s a no from me. In fact, I`d be happy if we never played them again!

Can you imagine the local media wankfest in the lead up to the game too!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

We couldn`t win in a game v them. Beat them soundly and it`s all `well what did you expect, plucky little r*vers did their best but couldn`t compete`. Beat them by the odd goal, draw or, God forbid, lose then we`d never hear the last of of it. They still go on about Ricky ******* Lambert even after all this time. Add in the fact that they`d kick lumps out of our players and it`s a no from me. In fact, I`d be happy if we never played them again!

I totally agree LR, never want to share a pitch with them again!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

47 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I totally agree LR, never want to share a pitch with them again!

I understand the sentiment.

But I'd like to play them home or away and stuff 'em.

Put it to bed.

• Like 2

• Admin

To drawn about 12:55 on ITV1 Sunday lunchtime 

1. AFC Bournemouth
2. Arsenal
3. Aston Villa
4. Birmingham City
5. Blackburn Rovers
6. Brentford
7. Brighton & Hove Albion
8. Bristol City