IGNORED

The FA Cup 2023/24 Season

phantom

10 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

All said with the caveat of needing to beat West Ham.

But that's winnable, even if it's Forest. It's great to get a home tie and I'm pleased at that.

Can't see it being picked for TV though, not when up against some of those other ties.

Yep they may have picked us against Forest or West Ham against Forest for the Thursday ITV4 game, but in view of the risk of them ending up with Bristol City vs Blackpool I can’t see it!

25 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Newport or Eastleigh v Man Utd is a beautiful FA tie

It annoys me when the person commentating on the draw sees the Tottenham v Man City tie and says it’s the standout draw (or similar).  
They play each other twice a year in their own League 🙄🙄🙄!

The beauty of the FA cup is the chance to see teams you don’t usually see play against your team and you dare to dream of a win. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yep they may have picked us against Forest or West Ham against Forest for the Thursday ITV4 game, but in view of the risk of them ending up with Bristol City vs Blackpool I can’t see it!

Do we know how many games are picked?

Chelsea v Villa, Spurs v Man City, Newport/Eastleigh v Man Utd (assuming they beat Wigan), Ipswich v Maidstone and, let's be honest here - any Liverpool game - would all get picked above City v Forest/Blackpool I'd have thought.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Do we know how many games are picked?

Chelsea v Villa, Spurs v Man City, Newport/Eastleigh v Man Utd (assuming they beat Wigan), Ipswich v Maidstone and, let's be honest here - any Liverpool game - would all get picked above City v Forest/Blackpool I'd have thought.

I think this time they had one game Thursday, one Friday, two Saturday, one Sunday and one Monday with others on Iplayer. So in 16 ties then there would be six live. Gimmes there are the first 4 you mention. The TV companies have got a lot of pelters for their choices this time round with the likes of Palace v Everton so I don’t see them going for middling prem vs prem games (unlike the ones above). Liverpool home to Norwich or the scummers isn’t attractive so I do disagree there. 

Looking at the draw there are a lot of champ vs champ and unattractive all prem. I think they’ll go for WBA vs Wolves or Brentford as there is at worst a shock chance and at best a Black Country Derby.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think this time they had one game Thursday, one Friday, two Saturday, one Sunday and one Monday with others on Iplayer. So in 16 ties then there would be six live. Gimmes there are the first 4 you mention. The TV companies have got a lot of pelters for their choices this time round with the likes of Palace v Everton so I don’t see them going for middling prem vs prem games (unlike the ones above). Liverpool home to Norwich or the scummers isn’t attractive so I do disagree there. 

Looking at the draw there are a lot of champ vs champ and unattractive all prem. I think they’ll go for WBA vs Wolves or Brentford as there is at worst a shock chance and at best a Black Country Derby.

As for the sixth - Fulham vs Newcastle. Relatively meh but best of bad bunch. Sixth pick though!

Edited by Silvio Dante

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yeh I'd agree that they'll hope for a black country derby. That would get a lot of attention.

15 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Bit unfortunate that the FA Cup rules don't compel anyone to offer more than 9000 tickets then. 

We had well over 10k in the London stadium as plenty of our fans got tickets in the home section and in hospitality. 

There is zero chance of Rovers fans getting tickets in the home sections at Anfield. 

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We had well over 10k in the London stadium as plenty of our fans got tickets in the home section and in hospitality. 

There is zero chance of Rovers fans getting tickets in the home sections at Anfield. 

No , but there will be 10,000 in Stanley Park , hoping to get a late ticket 

• Haha 4