IGNORED

any one off to watch the under 23's at Bath City?

Decent half, some meaty challenges considering it's a friendly

City technically a lot better than Bath, who have only threatened from set pieces where they're physically taller and have Lines on deliveries who's obviously a decent player despite playing for the Gas.

Could be more than 2. Their goalkeeper seems to be havin' a 'mare! Several clearances charged down and scuffed a backpass that really should have been a third goal.

Yeboah goal was a quality finish, and Francois megged the keeper.

Edited by Coxy27

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Very impressed with Citys first half team of full back Taine Anderson Dylan Kadji and striker Seb Palmer.Holden

second half squad very impressed with Tommy Backwell

P1080911

P1080910P1080909

Ben Achey that’s a new one …  For those who were there was Pearson present and could you see Owura Edwards around the first team this year?

Two goals in the opening seven minutes sent City on the way to a first pre-season defeat against Bristol City U23s at Twerton Park this evening. After this early double blow City more than played their part in a competitive encounter, deservedly pulling a goal back ten minutes from time through Dan Hayfield’s stunning 25-yard free-kick. The Robins goals were both scored by former City loanees, as on two minutes Owura Edwards was allowed the space to slot the ball past Ollie Wright. Then five minutes later the referee played a good advantage which saw Marlee Francois race clear and make it 2-0. Shortly after Hayfield’s great strike, Cody Cooke’s header was superbly saved by Casa-Grande to deny City a late equaliser.

Few interesting things there: 

- I would imagine that anyone who is “top age” of that group is likely to be not involved with the first team and hence moved on. I’d therefore say Edwards and Idehen are available for permanent transfer - we knew the latter but not the former

- Kadji in with this group and OTC not indicates the latter remains ahead and we should expect Kadji to go on loan

- The lack of Joe Low having also not attended Austria leads me to think, absent injury, there is an imminent move away from the club for him. Possibly on trial somewhere 

Going to Yate next Tuesday when the U23s play so will be interesting to see if the squad remains consistent 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So seeing as Owura started, we scored after 2 mins, I assume Bath’s Twitter admin were correct that he scored the opening goal…as some have said Yeboah scored…yet he was sub?

I'm pretty sure they mixed up numbers 11 and 22 - I was there, and to my eyes... Yeboah started and scored, Edwards came on as a sub.

I may be wrong, but that's what we concluded.

I think a correction was given to the announcers middle of the first half too as they had corrected themselves by half time...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Few interesting things there: 

- I would imagine that anyone who is “top age” of that group is likely to be not involved with the first team and hence moved on. I’d therefore say Edwards and Idehen are available for permanent transfer - we knew the latter but not the former

- Kadji in with this group and OTC not indicates the latter remains ahead and we should expect Kadji to go on loan

- The lack of Joe Low having also not attended Austria leads me to think, absent injury, there is an imminent move away from the club for him. Possibly on trial somewhere 

Going to Yate next Tuesday when the U23s play so will be interesting to see if the squad remains consistent 

I will see them over Paulton on the following Saturday as well.

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So seeing as Owura started, we scored after 2 mins, I assume Bath’s Twitter admin were correct that he scored the opening goal…as some have said Yeboah scored…yet he was sub?

Owura started the second half - didn’t start the game. Yeboah did (came off after 55/60mins) and scored the first goal. Good finish. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LondonRobin said:

Ben Achey that’s a new one …  For those who were there was Pearson present and could you see Owura Edwards around the first team this year?

It’s Ben Acey, Bath spelled his name wrong on the teamsheet. Centre midfielder - Another one we signed from Guernsey.

Acey did everything very easily and assisted the opening goal. He looks a tidy player. Shorter than Scott but similar in playing style. Even plays with his socks down.

It was Yeboah who scored the first and what a fabulous strike it was. Francois took his goal very well also. U23's dominated the first half, defended well and passed the ball neatly and quickly. Second half was even as U23's made multiple changes. Bath's consolation goal was one of the best I've ever seen live. Stunning free kick. Not sure any of the U23's will break into the side this season but a few will definitely make the bench on occasions for experience. We have plenty to look forward to though .

Edited by OldlandReddies
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Acey did everything very easily and assisted the opening goal. He looks a tidy player. Shorter than Scott but similar in playing style. Even plays with his socks down.

It was Yeboah who scored the first and what a fabulous strike it was. Francois took his goal very well also. U23's dominated the first half, defended well and passed the ball neatly and quickly. Second half was even as U23's made multiple changes. Bath's consolation goal was one of the best I've ever seen live. Stunning free kick. Not sure any of the U23's will break into the side this season but a few will definitely make the bench on occasions for experience. We have plenty to look forward to though .

Here it is again to enjoy ?

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, spudski said:

Here it is again to enjoy ?

I think the Gash playing at Twerton has probably rubbed off on the commentators and the embellishing of the truth!

The freekick was initially described 25yards out, and then after it was scored, was described as 30-33yards out!