IGNORED

The small 6

The turtle

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Having Brighton and Brentford in the small six is pretty ridiculous considering recent years. Goes back to the old argument of 'what makes a big club' because as our attendances show we are a top half supported club even after two or three pretty poor seasons.

From memory, 7th in terms of attendances.

• Like 1

‘Big’ and ‘small’ club is intentionally vague. If you’re talking attendances we’re pretty big in the Championship. If you’re talking honours/trophies we are indeed in the ‘small 6’. Stadium/facilities we’re big. Historic League position we’re probably middling to low.

But if random Twitter accounts want to name us a ‘small 6’ club, the best thing we can do is prove them wrong.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Q.P.R. should be in “our” place in that table.

Smaller in terms of crowds but they do have more years in the top flight and a League Cup.

I can only assume this is based on honours and top flight years as in terms of attendances we were the 7th best supported team in the Championship last season.

I’d swap Sheffield Utd for Crystal Palace in the Prem.

2 hours ago, The turtle said:

There's flying under the radar and there's this.

FB_IMG_1689178042603.jpg

Both ourselves and Hull bigger than Swansea and QPR, for a start. Let alone Cardiff being very similar. 

And that's ignoring the actual small clubs who are somehow thought as big like no fans Blackburn 

Both Sheff Utd and Brighton are significantly bigger clubs than Palace also

Edited by cidercity1987

18 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

‘Big’ and ‘small’ club is intentionally vague. If you’re talking attendances we’re pretty big in the Championship. If you’re talking honours/trophies we are indeed in the ‘small 6’. Stadium/facilities we’re big. Historic League position we’re probably middling to low.

But if random Twitter accounts want to name us a ‘small 6’ club, the best thing we can do is prove them wrong.

I dont know the answer to this, but thought I'd ask.

What does our spending on incoming transfers look like in comparison to other clubs in our division this pre-season? I know wages also play a part in that, but was curious that a clubs size could also be somewhat dependent on their spending power also.

2 minutes ago, beaverface said:

I dont know the answer to this, but thought I'd ask.

What does our spending on incoming transfers look like in comparison to other clubs in our division this pre-season? I know wages also play a part in that, but was curious that a clubs size could also be somewhat dependent on their spending power also.

Without taking the time to dissect other clubs business, I'd guess we're around maybe 5th to 10th for money spent this window? Sounds as though we've spent a little under 5 million on McCrorie, Dickie and Knight. Coventry just splashed 8 million on Ellis Simms, so they're immediately clear of us.

Worth bearing in mind, looking at one window in isolation can be quite misleading. Prior to this window, we've been very cautious financially with free agents and small fees (George Tanner) for a good two or three years, as we navigated FFP issues. This summer, we seem to be past said issues and with the Semenyo sale and a potential further big pay packet coming for Scott, we've loosened the belt substantially. 

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

Without taking the time to dissect other clubs business, I'd guess we're around maybe 5th to 10th for money spent this window? Sounds as though we've spent a little under 5 million on McCrorie, Dickie and Knight. Coventry just splashed 8 million on Ellis Simms, so they're immediately clear of us.

Worth bearing in mind, looking at one window in isolation can be quite misleading. Prior to this window, we've been very cautious financially with free agents and small fees (George Tanner) for a good two or three years, as we navigated FFP issues. This summer, we seem to be past said issues and with the Semenyo sale and a potential further big pay packet coming for Scott, we've loosened the belt substantially. 

Fair point looking back over the last few seasons, however the article refers to the teams in their current respective divisions, so I think the article should only base their findings on the here and now.

...or to put it another way, let's ignore the article as they're shit stirring ?

11 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Fair point looking back over the last few seasons, however the article refers to the teams in their current respective divisions, so I think the article should only base their findings on the here and now.

...or to put it another way, let's ignore the article as they're shit stirring ?

Yea mate it's just controversy for clicks. I'm certainly losing no sleep. At the end of the day, big club or small club, you get three points for a win so who gives a fart! :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

He's not even picked QPR as one of the small 6 for the championship! Which I would've had also what is the basis on?

Because if it's by attendance we should be nowhere near the small 6.

Screenshot_2023-07-13-10-53-36-36_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Quite surprised that Millwall's attendance is as low as that. I'd always assumed they were around the 18 or 19, 000 mark at least.