IGNORED

Bristol City v Torquay

Red Army 75

I really wish we could see what's going on, no panicking, no knee jerk reaction but with that starting line up we really shouldn't be conceding two goals in the first 20 minutes. I'm hoping it's just a bit of a bad first day back at work kind of situation. 

Also I'm sure it's not helping Wood any to have 2 goals shipped in such a short time against a team we should have no issues defending against. 

Just now, Spike said:

I really wish we could see what's going on, no panicking, no knee jerk reaction but with that starting line up we really shouldn't be conceding two goals in the first 20 minutes. I'm hoping it's just a bit of a bad first day back at work kind of situation. 

Also I'm sure it's not helping Wood any to have 2 goals shipped in such a short time against a team we should have no issues defending against. 

It’s our first pre-season game, stuff like this happens, in the same way winning all your games means nothing.  Pre-season is a process.

• Like 2

FFS, does anyone bar a few on here seriously think this is they important in the scheme of things?

We haven’t played any friendlies before today, are going to look at 22 players over 90 minutes & it is about easing ourselves back in, not the result.

It’s almost as if some of the relentlessly negative posters are desperate for something to complain about..

I don’t think pre season scores have the slightest impact on how the season goes.

• Like 10
  • Flames 7

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s our first pre-season game, stuff like this happens, in the same way winning all your games means nothing.  Pre-season is a process.

Like I said, not panicking, no knee jerk reaction, it's just a concern as we seemed to have recruited well and players should be fighting hard for their positions so you would expect a strong preseason, not getting beat by a team who didn't even make their trialist on their twitter team line up :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

FFS, does anyone bar a few on here seriously think this is they important in the scheme of things?

We haven’t played any friendlies before today, are going to look at 22 players over 90 minutes & it is about easing ourselves back in, not the result.

It’s almost as if some of the relentlessly negative posters are desperate for something to complain about..

I don’t think pre season scores have the slightest impact on how the season goes.

I mean I don’t think anything said really requires a reaction tbh? 

• Flames 1

Just now, Spike said:

Like I said, not panicking, no knee jerk reaction, it's just a concern as we seemed to have recruited well and players should be fighting hard for their positions so you would expect a strong preseason, not getting beat by a team who didn't even make their trialist on their twitter team line up :laugh:

If it’s a concern for you, fine….it ain’t for me, nor will it be if we lose 5-1, win 5-1.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Even if there were loads of negative posts (there aren't!), why should it bother you?

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It matters in the sense that the players should be playing well to establish their position in the team. Wells should be showing nothing but grit to prove Conway shouldn't start before him, Vyner should be looking for a strong game to show he's still worth a starting spot. Wood is getting a chance to play with the main team and should be looking to show he's ready to step up... 

No, the game is not important, we can lose it and it's fine but performances certainly matter if the team is truly competitive for starting positions. 

Edited by Spike

Just now, mozo said:

Even if there were loads of negative posts (there aren't!), why should it bother you?

Crazy isn’t it. I don’t read countess negative posts. A bit of intrigue as to how we have conceded two against them but hardly the doomsday merchants people like to portray them as. 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If it’s a concern for you, fine….it ain’t for me, nor will it be if we lose 5-1, win 5-1.

I’ve always thought of you as a good mathematician, and in one comment you’ve blown my dreams. They’ve already scored 2 mate so can’t beat them 5-1. I’m not going to sleep tonight 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

It matters in the sense that the players should be playing well to establish their position in the team. Wells should be showing nothing but grit to prove Conway shouldn't start before him, Vyner should be looking for a strong game to show he's still worth a starting spot. Wood is getting a chance to play with the main team and should be looking to show he's ready to step up... 

No, the game is not important, we can lose it and it's fine but performances certainly matter if the team is truly competitive for starting positions. 

You can’t even watch the match, are getting half a dozen tweets giving updates and you’ve concluded:

- Wells isn’t showing anything

- Vyner isn’t having a strong game

- Wood isn’t stepping up

You have no idea who is playing well, average or poor.

Its a worse take than the bloke trying to win the golden shot from a phone box whilst watching the tv in a Rumbelows Shop Window.

FFS.

it’s why I don’t follow the MDT during the match when it’s on Robinstv.

• Like 2
  • Flames 5