IGNORED

Bristol City v Torquay

Red Army 75

2 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Well, I've just remembered why I avoid matchday threads. Thought, I might be safe for a pre-season, but evidently not. 

Same here.  I take a look at half-time and full-time…sometimes next day I read it all back, there are some hilarious takes at times, amongst some sensible stuff.

5 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Well, I've just remembered why I avoid matchday threads. Thought, I might be safe for a pre-season, but evidently not. 

It's easy to avoid. Or alternatively easy to not be so bothered about what other people post. 

The thing that wound me up last season is the smug "Ha, other posters said this and they were wrong! Nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh" type posts, but it was daft for me to let anything on this forum bother me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Same here.  I take a look at half-time and full-time…sometimes next day I read it all back, there are some hilarious takes at times, amongst some sensible stuff.

True , but I expect it’s like that on most clubs forums. After all,  the internet / social media is awash with knee jerk rubbish period!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You can’t even watch the match, are getting half a dozen tweets giving updates and you’ve concluded:

- Wells isn’t showing anything

- Vyner isn’t having a strong game

- Wood isn’t stepping up

You have no idea who is playing well, average or poor.

Its a worse take than the bloke trying to win the golden shot from a phone box whilst watching the tv in a Rumbelows Shop Window.

FFS.

it’s why I don’t follow the MDT during the match when it’s on Robinstv.

Sigh. No, that's not what I've said at all, I've said what I would expect. Same thing on here all the time, people reading something and jumping to conclusions. 

I'll repeat it again so it's clear... 

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

Wells should be showing nothing but grit to prove Conway shouldn't start before him, Vyner should be looking for a strong game to show he's still worth a starting spot. Wood is getting a chance to play with the main team and should be looking to show he's ready to step up... 

Where do I say that is not happening? As you said yourself, I cannot see the game but I was responding to someone saying the game doesn't matter. I simply pointed out a few examples of why it does matter, because these players should be battling for a place in the team. From what I've read Wells has an assist and is playing very Well which is great and shows his head is where it should be. 

Honestly, people read posts these days and take what they want from it rather than what's actually being said. 

From my assessment of what I do know is going on in the game Knight is battling hard, which is what Derby fans said is what we'd get from him, which is fantastic to hear. Wells is in with an assist and seems to be doing well in our attack and Bell has scored twice by being in good positions. They are all positives I'm very happy to read, the only negative is conceding two goals in such a short period of time of which the only information I have is that we "fail to clear our lines" which is something we heard all too often last season. 

• Like 1

We’ve no idea what tweaks to set up with/without the ball we’re trying, plus players that haven’t played with each other before etc etc. These are exactly the games to try things and accept things might not go to plan as no downside - the objective is getting ready for PNE and beyond, not sending GJ home recoiling from a hammering. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Spike said:

I really wish we could see what's going on, no panicking, no knee jerk reaction but with that starting line up we really shouldn't be conceding two goals in the first 20 minutes. I'm hoping it's just a bit of a bad first day back at work kind of situation. 

Also I'm sure it's not helping Wood any to have 2 goals shipped in such a short time against a team we should have no issues defending against. 

It’s good to be back

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Araoye, that's great, so pleased for the kid

I guess he’s the main reason Ryley was sold and looks like Joe Low will be too.

Just now, George Rs said:

No Naismith in either team today. But on a side note I do not envy Pearson when it comes to team selection when the season starts.

Had his knee iced up in Austria….(whilst on the phone to Wrexham ???)

• Like 1

Just now, George Rs said:

No Naismith in either team today. But on a side note I do not envy Pearson when it comes to team selection when the season starts.

Was pointed out to have that knock in the background of one of the Austria videos, guess that's put him out for a little while.

Whilst the result doesn't matter, this is a first opportunity for players to impress, so it'll be satisfying for Bell and Knight to have bagged already. The competition for places adds extra weight to friendly performances. 

13 minutes ago, George Rs said:

I've seen plenty of posts where people say we are fine for cover in defence because Naismith is one of the cover options. 

For me, because of his injury concerns, we can't rely on him to be available to be that cover. 

Do people not realise that pre season is all geared for the start of the season?

The players would’ve been beasted in Austria, now it’s about getting minutes into the players. They are probably told not to play at full capacity, due to risk of injury.

I couldn’t give a **** about the result, as long as they’re ready for August 5th!

• Like 7
  • Flames 1